It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis has anyone had it?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by weknowall

Hey don't be in fear, they are demons, personally i believe all aliens are really demons in disguise anyway.

funny, i believe demons are actually aliens. Posing as demons. (vampire aliens if you ask me)

I doubt that, i'd click on my profile and read my other thread.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by deanx

reply to post by deanx

YOU ARE UNDER SPIRITUAL ATTACK!

I think the TV turning into static when this happened to you just proves it.

I would suggest you follow the steps in the video.

Everyone is under a Spiritual attack everyday. It's called Temptation.

I also agree with that, but satan can attack with his angels also.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Unfortunately I am. It's creeped me out for awhile tbh. Its like a perfect triangle with an outline around it. Must only be like a centremetre long. Its hard to pick up on camera, but will try and post a pic later. I thought about it from virtually every angle and there's no way I could have done this to myself in mysleep. Its not fading either. I first noticed it when I got out the shower/bath when the skin was softer, It shows really bad after that.

About that beast thing? Is that a good or bad thing? Most things regarding the nwo is bad usually

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JDARK11

Very bad, but i'd recommend taking a pic and making a thread about it as there might be a normal explanation for it. Not everything is demonic, but these things can happen.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I've had it happen about 3 times, every single time was waking up from a dream, one was a nightmare the other two were regular dreams. The instance I remember the most was I woke up from the dream because I was paralyzed in it, so I awoke staring at my clock but still could not move for maybe 3-5 seconds, then it felt as if I could feel my brain reconnect and I got my arm to move first and then everything else about a second later, and then I fell back asleep.

No demons or anything paranormal, just your body going into shutdown mode for deep sleep, because it appears almost all of these cases happen when suddenly awoke from REM sleep

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Supposedly these can cause sleep paralysis:

en.wikipedia.org...

Put a UV (ultra violet) light in your room. They don't like UV Light.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I am an inquisitive person who explores topics to their fullest. I have "played" with the oiuja board for a while in my past because I thought that some things that happened where unexplained. I am an open person and the things I found out about that object was kind of creepy. After playing with that object, I startyed to see things in sleep paralysis. I can go on and on about this.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
1. How old was you when it first happened / which area was you located? ( early 20s - northern England )

2. How long has it been going on/does it still happen? ( It lasted a couple of years, on and off. It does not still happen )

3. What you saw (if anything). ( It seemed like everything had a purple twilight feel to it )

4. What happened? ( unable to move - Half asleep, half awake kind of feeling )

5. How long did it last? ( All night sometimes )

6. Were you able to do anything to stop it? ( No )

7. Are you a religious person? (elaborate) ( No )

8. Were you contacted by something, if so what did it/they say? ( No but lots off voices as if someone was outside - a riot sort of sound )

9. Did the experience feel positive / negative. ( Neither, just a very odd feeling )

10. Were you left with any after effects? (Feeling sick or different in yourself) ( No )

Don't believe it had anything to do with aliens

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
1. How old was you when it first happened / which area was you located?
- I was approx 7 years old, and it happened in Kent in the UK

2. How long has it been going on/does it still happen?
- It's only happened twice, the last time was around 8 years ago.

3. What you saw (if anything).
- Didn't 'see' anything, was just very aware of a dark presence.

4. What happened?
- The 1st time (aged 7 or 8) I was laying in bed at my grandparents house. I was on my own in the spare room when all of a sudden my blood ran cold,. I felt someone lay down next to me in bed.
I was facing one way, and I even felt my body roll towards the the weight of this person.. I froze and couldn't move my body, eyes wide open and told myself to make sure I was awake before I tried turned over to see what/who was lying next to me. I remember being convinced I was awake and slowly looking over my shoulder to look (which was really difficult, i could only move my neck!), then in an instant I was flying up into the top corner of the room screaming and banging my fists against what ever had hold of me. I then woke up screaming and sweating.. Probably just a bad dream i know, but to this day it was the most realistic and significant dream I have ever had.

- The 2nd time (In Dorset UK) I woke up with my covers over my face, (well i thought I was awake) and there was the most terrifying sound which is still so hard to explain. It sounded like something was was only inches from my face, only the bed covers separating me from it, and it was a REALLY loud, maniacal, high pitched,chaotic buzzing sound that I have never heard before. My body was paralysed and I was screaming in total terror, all I could picture was this 'thing' moving like it was having some sort of fit, hovering above my face and trying to get at me.
It suddenly stopped, and I was just left laying there scared to death, and still didn't want to pull the covers down.

5. How long did it last?
- Felt like 2 to 3 mins each time, but was probably only 30 seconds in hindsight.

6. Were you able to do anything to stop it?
- No, it stopped on its on (when I woke up)

7. Are you a religious person? (elaborate)
- No. I believe religion is an abomination to mankind.

8. Were you contacted by something, if so what did it/they say?
- Nothing was said.

9. Did the experience feel positive / negative.
- Extremely negative.

10. Were you left with any after effects? (Feeling sick or different in yourself)
- No side effects, except I will never forget either episode til the day I die.

I personally think this has nothing to do with alien or demonic encounters. It's a brain reaction.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Ozvaldo because: Typo

edit on 18-8-2011 by Ozvaldo because: Typo

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Newz2387

WARNING NO FAKE REPORTS... A quick google search reveals you clearly just copy & pasted that from a website!

I want to hear first hand experiences only please you have been warned.
edit on 17-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: Hoaxer

I have had it a few times (maybe 3 or 4) The first time i had just moved out of the house i grew up in to a new house (with my family) i was about 14 or 15 at the time. This one was minor and i didn't know really what it was at the time i thought it was a lucid dream... there was a weird amorphous object floating over my head in my head i was aware i was aware and wanted to reach up to grab the thing but for some reason i couldn't make myself i started getting frustrated but not panicky and i think i just fell asleep. not really sure.

I had a couple more experiences like that: trying to grab something and not being able to; but it was never scary... but the last time it happened, maybe a year ago now was F'n terrifying. I had just broken up with my long time girlfriend and moved into a new apt alone. I was laying face up in my bed and all of a sudden I heard someone whisper something, I couldn't tell what but I thought someone was in my apt (a studio) so I tried to sit up to look but same as all the other times i couldn't make myself. I could start to hear the whispers all over the room now and can kinda make out what "they" were saying. it was something like "we are gunna get him this time" or "this time well show him" , "this time he'll pay". In a vengeful way. i could see shadows in my peripheral vision (my eyes were completely open), but couldn't move at all. I was scared out of my mind the shadowy figures surrounded me and i blacked out/fell asleep.

In all honesty I very well could have been abducted by aliens.
it seems like I did, but that's highly improbable so I'm pretty sure it was just the Old Hag. Lol Given the circumstances of each time it happened it seems like a traumatic relocation triggers it for me.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by holyTerror

1. It's been happening as long as I can remember.

2. It only happens once in a great while now, but growing up it happened all the time.

3. I can't really remember seeing anything. Last time it happened was a few months ago and
I couldn't open my eyes but I wasn't dreaming.

4. Usually what happens is I will wake up but my eyes will remain closed. When I try to sit up or
roll over, I can't. Then I spend what seems like a few minutes willing myself to move. When I
do this I feel as if my whole body is shaking, as if I'm having a seizure.

5. It feels like it lasts for minutes, but the last time it happened I fell asleep on the couch next
to my wife and I asked her how long I was shaking, she said I wasn't shaking at all and had
only been asleep for a half hour.

6. The only way to stop it is for me to stop struggling and lay still.

7. Not religious but I believe in the God of the Bible.

8. Can't remember when I was younger but I have not been contacted in any of my recent episodes.

9. It usually feels negative. When I finally wake and get up, I'm shaky as if I haven't eaten in a very long time
and I feel like I've been running at full sprint.

10. The main after effect is the feeling one gets right after the body has released adrenaline.

edit on 17-8-2011 by holyTerror because: (no reason given)

Yes, the somatics you have described are exactly what I feel when these episodes occur . And true it occurred more frequently when I was a child than it does now, which is not even yearly, but when they do occur they do so in small clusters. Perhaps an episode a month for two or three months then nothing for as long as two or three years. I think, based on my own experience, that these are related to stress, and are entirely psychological in nature. Others perhaps are having a different experience than me. Strangely though, the dream from which I am waking usually involves me seeing the ghost of my Grandmother. Other dreams, occurring less frequently involve other things that either astound me or frighten me terribly. Always some drastic emotion invoking image.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

sleep paralysis is a normal part of sleeping . i have had it many times and there has never been an alien involved

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ozvaldo

1. How old was you when it first happened / which area was you located? ( early 20s - northern England )

I was around 18 or 19 when it first happened to me. I was in a military training school at the time. My habit for studying especially for upcoming tests was to get up early (3-4am), study for a little while (about an hour) then dress and lie in the bed until I am ready to get up. Also, note that there were 3 other guys in a dorm type of setup, like a pie with a bathroom in the middle. One time after getting dressed and lying there in the dark. I felt that someone was in the room. So I started to keep my breathing normal and scanned the room. When I looked above me there was a demonic skull that had pitch black eye sockets with fire glowing in them. White hair was swirling around as if a wind was blowing but I didn't feel it. I was totally paralyzed I tried to scream to a roommate and all I could get out was a little grunt. Afetr what seamed like a minute a small voice said to me to receite the lord's prayer. And as I begun this the head started to fade away and when it was gone I was able to move again. I quickly got up and woke my roommates and told them what happened and they thought I was dreaming. I wasn't dreaming or asleep. later that morning at about the same time my girlfriend in another part of the building woke up with some type of weight over her body and she couldn't move. Later, I found out that someone commited suicide in the dorm. This is when I got interested in the unknown and more things happened. I will respond later on others a fire drill is happening.

2. How long has it been going on/does it still happen? ( It lasted a couple of years, on and off. It does not still happen )

3. What you saw (if anything). ( It seemed like everything had a purple twilight feel to it )

4. What happened? ( unable to move - Half asleep, half awake kind of feeling )

5. How long did it last? ( All night sometimes )

6. Were you able to do anything to stop it? ( No )

7. Are you a religious person? (elaborate) ( No )

8. Were you contacted by something, if so what did it/they say? ( No but lots off voices as if someone was outside - a riot sort of sound )

9. Did the experience feel positive / negative. ( Neither, just a very odd feeling )

10. Were you left with any after effects? (Feeling sick or different in yourself) ( No )

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Has anyone on ATS actually experienced the phenomenon known as "Sleep Paralysis" ?

The reason i ask it here is because its usually accompanied by some sort of alien encounter...

I'm doing research into this and i would like to know what you experienced.

Please no fake reports, you will only discredit/damage the UFO community further.

If you have ever had a real case of sleep paralysis please post the following:

4. What happened?
5. How long did it last?
10. Were you left with any after effects? (Feeling sick or different in yourself)

I think those are enough questions, so to summarize this thread is dedicated to ATS members who have had Sleep Paralysis / possible contact. I hope this topic is not trolled and only serious accounts are given, you can also post if you know anyone who has sleep paralysis as well.

Video

edit on 17-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

hi since u seem to be sincere i will try to help u out

1 about ten years old
2it only happened then for ....whel honestly time seem to be distorted but i gues in human time for like 5 minutes to half an hour
3nothing but i felt it which was a strange dark creature slash alien,sorry but thats how i would describe it
4i was in pre scool told to lie down cuz i felt sick
then i couldn move and felt a presence that controlled time and was somehow making sure i couldnt move
also i felt like hovering above the whole scene
5 30 min
6 not at all
7very much so, i dont go to church but i feel strong about a higher being watching us
8 yes well basicly somthing has to change about politics and that were destroing the enviroment and to be kind spread love and such
9 both like a crossroad i guess
10 yes the feeling time is just an illusion,i also said thingthat i was trying to say the oppsite
i think i forgot to mention i was in holland at the time uttrecht to be precise,i also had alot of dreams about height and getting hit by trains
edit on 18-8-2011 by icecold7 because: cuz

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
Actually my first post on ATS went something like this:

posted on 29-1-2008 @ 11:14 PM this post I've had an experience, with the "shadow people" about six years ago, between sleeping and waking. I assume I was dreaming when i saw two inky-black silhouettes standing in the doorway to my living room. The figure on the left asked for permission of his companion to attack me. He was told to "Kill him, Kill him"(me), at which point the left shadow man took off at a great speed towards my bedroom. I woke just a moment before the shadow reached my door. Immediately after opening my eyes, being filled with sheer terror, I tried to scream for help, but no noise came out. I tried to move, or rise from my bed, but could not move anything but my fingertips, slightly at that. This paralysis lasted less than three minutes. The fear of this event is still vivid. But as I understand it, these are common manifestations of sleep paralysis.

Yes, I get the shadow people too. They don't want to kill me, that I know of, but they're always lurking and curious.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
Everyone experiences this every single night. During sleep your brain produces a chemcial that paralyzes the muscles so that you do not act out your dreams. Some people do not produce enough and suffer from sumnambulism. What the OP reffers to is when someone is wakened quickly during the dream phase and the chemicals have not had a chance to disapate. The paraysis can carry over to the wakened state.

Exactly. A chemical thing. I've read many times that it's a neurological condition.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
About 18. I was sleeping in living room.

It happened again about 4 times.

First time, I saw a mysterious dark figure passing the door. It felt like it was watching me, then when I saw it, it decided to hide. I was 100% conscious with eyes opened.
Third time, didn't see anything but heard something like a little child running around. It felt like it was this reality but a little "fuzzy". Can't explain.

4. What happened?
I was unable to move and talk, but could see everything.
Second and fourth time I was able to start to leave my body, but not completely like astral projection (i've had it also a dozen times)

5. How long did it last?
4-7 minutes

Not stop completely, but could force few fingers moves.

Spiritual, but not necessary religious.

No.

Negative the first time and curious/neutral last times.

No.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This is how you stop sleep paralysis.
Don't try to move your body.
It is easier for you to just focus on your breathing and breathe faster.
Your mind will then realize that you are awake and it will then release your body.

When your mind wakes up and finds that the body is paralyzed this could make you have a panic attack.
Images from your dreams can project out and lead you to believe that you are seeing some demonic or alien presence in your room. This is the personification of your anxiety. It isn't real. But that doesn't make it any less scary as you are confused about being asleep or not.

The person in the video wishes to say that people from all cultures dream of a similar being. This is because everyone is having the same panic attack and the same physiological activity. But some personify it as a demon, others ghosts, others aliens, others vampires. They don't see it as the same thing.

One way to reduce sleep paralysis attacks is to sleep on your back with just one pillow supporting your neck. Don't cover your face with a sheet or pillow.

--------------------------------

This is not to say that I don't believe there are demons.

Demons are personifications of things that hurt us in our lives. They are seen in dreams.
Demons and devils are also dis-incarnate spirits who bitterly wish to mess with us.
But they are not exclusive to Christianity or a Devil.
There is no being that is completely evil or good.
A righteous man is capable of murdering everyone on a very bad day.
An evil man is capable of showing mercy once in a lifetime.

edit on 18-8-2011 by ren1999 because: about devils

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It's not demons or aliens.

What strikes me as odd is people who say they have experienced it once or twice. About 6% of people who suffer from sp experience it on a regular basis. Some individuals have it so often that it becomes a health issue because they're not getting enough required sleep.

If you have it, and you pay attention, especially if you are hypnagogic, you will know when the event is coming on or about to happen and if you do have it, I don't need to explain further what I mean by that. SP is also a symptom of narcolepsy.

Lucid dreaming is awesome

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

hi there, this happened to me a few times,and still does, ive been to the docs about it and they said its anxiety, im a very light sleeper, id here a mouse fart in the room ha ha, it does trouble me as i never get a continuous or good night sleep. The worst one was about 4 years ago when i was 25/26. i woke up, but couldnt move, at the end of the bed was a white - entity/ something, i dont know what it was, but it moved slowly closer to the bed and then started to move closer to me with its hand out, as though it was ready to grab me. I started panicking and breathing heavy and trying to shake myself to snapout of it. This awoke my girlfriend who was beside me, I heard her say are you ok whats wrong, she then shook me and i snapped out of it. My heart was pounding and it took me awhile to go back to sleep. It still happens, but its great to hear im not the only one who suffers from this, but i gotta say looking at the video and some of those drawings were exactly like what i saw, scary sh*t. Prob wont sleep tonight now thanks ha ha just kidden. For the record im 30 yrs old living in ireland. ....

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join