Firefox 6.0? !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

The only thing that sucks about IE9 is the serious lack of add-ons.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The reason for that "quick-version-growth" is quite simple.

People from Mozilla Foundation realized that dumb people seem to think that ProductA version 8 can only better than ProductB version 3, even if A and B have nothing in common... And they want that the greatest % of people use their browser... So, that include the "dumb people" public... So here we are... Expect a versionning slowdown when FF is ~2 versions higher than IE ;-)

A bit pathetic... but very common on these days... Even linux kernel pushed up a new major version number from nowhere for no good reason (an anniversary)... Ahhh I remember the good old days when version numbering was strict and logic... and when software companies were not acting like kids... sorry, feeling nostalgic :-)

Sad but true... See ya in a few months with Firefox 10!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
For anyone who has issues between versions:

Try Add-on compatibility reporter. This will allow you to enable any and all add-ons. Sometimes they don't work, but most of the time they do. Give it a try. It is a Mozilla app btw....

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I've been using Firefox for just under a year now and never had a virus, had a bunch on IE. Also enjoy the add ons and compatibility of Firefox

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
Seriously? I just upgraded to 4.6 because I was waiting for one of my fave add ons to be compatible. *Head desk*

There is No Firefox 4.6 ..

You have 3.6.20
And you have 4.0.1
And 5.0
And 6.0
And 7.0 beta

new topics

<< 1   >>

join