It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: US General Gives Speeches Detailing War On Terror As "Battle Against Satan"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
A US Army General failed to clear certain speeches in which he spoke about the current War on Terror as a Christian battle against the forces of Satan. The general gave 23 speeches of this nature since January of 2002. The US Army is currently considering how to punish the general for his actions.

www.reuters.com
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A U.S. Army general violated Pentagon rules by failing to properly clear speeches in which he described the war on terror as a Christian battle against Satan and should be punished, according to an inspector general's report obtained by Reuters on Wednesday.

The Department of Defense's watchdog agency said Lt. Gen. William Boykin, a top-ranking intelligence officer, used official data in some of the 23 religious-oriented speeches he gave after January 2002 which should have been cleared.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Many are outraged that this occurred, but it must be considered that the general did not receive official approval for these speeches. While the general will be in trouble for his statement, the main reason he will reprimanded is because he did not get these statements cleared by the Pentagon. There is good reason to believe that the Pentagon would not have allowed a speech of this nature to be given because of its controversial nature.

[edit on 8-19-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
very true......wasn't bush quoted saying something to the efect that god told him to attack al-queda or iraq or to solve the middle east conflict......this almost seems like a new crusade...lead of course, by 'AMERICA..gods chosen people'....(i've seen that in a lot of signatures.....i hope that there are 'tongue in cheek'. )
AMERICAS two-faced forgien policies have gotten us to where it is today.....hated by many, dispised by alot, liked by just a couple.....but , hay, we're AMERIKA, we don't care...the world does actually revolve around us....since, you know, ...we are gods chosen people....praise be god...death to the ...unbelievers.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Can you say Religious freedom?

Where's Tom!!!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Just wanted to explain why I moved this to a discussion thread.

You can't make the following jump in a legitimate news article:

This general (whom the article states didn't get clearance for his speeches and therefore is at risk of punishment) making these statements

DOES NOT EQUAL

Bush believing he's on a crusade.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by lockheed
An Army General failed to clear certain speeches in which he spoke about the current War on Terror as a Christian battle against the forces of Satan. The general gave 23 speeches of this nature since January of 2002. The US Army is currently considering how to punish the general for his actions.

Personally, as a Christian and a veteran, I'm tellin' ya, this General has absolutely NO right to proslytize his religion using his position. That is for when he retires the uniform. He KNOWS better! This is just what kind of crap happens when fascists are in charge.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
And one more thing, can you imagine the outrage of Christian soldiers if a MUSLIM (U.S. General) was using his stars to preach to them? The outcry would be deafening. These people are so hypocritical it's disgusting!

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Totally understand Valhall, ATSNN is about facts and we need to put facts into our articles. Me saying that Bush believes he's on a crusades dosen't add up to anything unless I put proof that he thinks he is into the article. I'll be sure to watch that from now on :-)

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
No problem, lockheed, and if you wish to re-write the closing statements, I'll be glad to promote to article.
Just u2u if you decide to.

(Sometimes when these situations come up I find out the writer would just as soon have a discussion thread so that they can make their statement...that's why I tend to move articles like this to discussion instead of "re-writing" the person's words and potentially taking out a message they truly wanted to convey.)

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Clearly, Lt. Gen. Boykin occupies a much higher rank in the U.S. Army than he should, given his emaciated IQ, if he did (indeed) refer to the opposition specifically as being "the forces of Satan."

This is no time for high profile government officials to assist the opposition with its propaganda campaign by asserting to confirm a (mutual) military stance motivated by religiosity.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
So let me pose this question: How is this so different the bush jr.'s 'Axis of Evil' comment?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I think Satan is a little misunderstood. When was the last casualty from a satanist?

top topics

join