It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the world get Ron Paul across the line

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Im from Australia and i happened to catch the early debates back in 2008,that was my first contact with Ron Paul and ever since Ive been on the bandwagon.
This time around the momentum clearly seems to be on the side of the people and the MSM is crapping themselves,they desperately need to show TPTB that they can still sway public opinion.
So i make the following proposal to everyone outside America that wants to help.
Most western countries run Fox/CNN etc,lets hammer them with complaints about thier lack of Ron Paul coverage/threaten to boycott thier networks etc
Furthermore my understanding and please correct me if im wrong is that the US courts have said that corporations can make large donations to the candidates of thier choice,is it possible to register a company in america that people from all over the world can donate to that in turn passes the money onto the Ron Paul campaign,this really annoys me as i would happily donate to his presidential bid but cannot as im not an American citizen.
Please help me make the system work against itself

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

To be honest with you, that would be the fastest way to make sure he never got elected, His opponents would use it to rally the country against him as they did when John Kerry was running and was seen as being too "international" or what ever they tried to say about his interest abroad.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
What 2 Flags and no help ,cmon people lets work out a plan here

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

thanks for the reply however if we play by thier rules i cant see the problem,it would clearly unnerve TPTB to see the world backing him

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Are we sure that TPTB are not actually behind him and its their ploy to ensure their desired outcome? eg. Obama staying in power or Perry (who I suspect is connected to TPTB) for numerous reasons including is roots etc!

The last time you had candidate that spoke against the status quo and promissed to do so much and make so much change got elected but didnt deliver!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Yes in America you could form a corporation here without being a citizen. How a corporation actually donates I have no idea. However, you have just pointed out why our Supreme Court didn't think through their "Corporations are People" ruling too much. Since mostly anyone can register a business in America that leaves American politics susceptible to foreign influences. I can see a Constitutional issue with this.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoguePhilosopher

Are we sure that TPTB are not actually behind him and its their ploy to ensure their desired outcome? eg. Obama staying in power or Perry (who I suspect is connected to TPTB) for numerous reasons including is roots etc!

The last time you had candidate that spoke against the status quo and promissed to do so much and make so much change got elected but didnt deliver!

If TPTB were behind him i dont think he would be so totally ignored by the MSM,funnily enough its so blatant that they are destroying any credibility they had left which is why i want to work out a way to push them over the edge

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

The ignoring of Paul does look a little too obvious to ring true. Like its almost blatantly deliberate and being done by design but whats the real agenda/plan or desired effect! Is he being saved for the primary on a purpose to guarantee his election thus TPTB ensure that they get the next POTUS they desire. Which could be Obama or Paul if it is a ploy by them!!!

Speculation but it provokes thought nonetheless!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Yes, but Americans can be fiercely patriotic and Xenophobic, when its suggested that a candidate maybe influenced by forces outside the US people would go nuts.

Think of all the obama muslim stuff that gets spread around, or the birther arguments, even a hint of it sends people into a frenzy.

Imagine proof that a candidate was funded by money from outside the US, it would only be used to hurt the candidate that got it, and the more they got the worse it would be.

Heres an example of the crap Kerry got.

Kerry speaks french

Do you understand that people here got upset because the man was bi-lingual... Man I miss the days when I wasn't ashamed by what america has become.

I would love Ron Paul as president, and you idea in a perfect world might work, but the whole reason we are in this mess is the world isn't perfect.
edit on 17-8-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoguePhilosopher
reply to post by Bilder

The ignoring of Paul does look a little too obvious to ring true. Like its almost blatantly deliberate and being done by design but whats the real agenda/plan or desired effect! Is he being saved for the primary on a purpose to guarantee his election thus TPTB ensure that they get the next POTUS they desire. Which could be Obama or Paul if it is a ploy by them!!!

Speculation but it provokes thought nonetheless!!!

Yes your theory is deffinately plausible however when you consider his record it warrants giving him 4 yrs to see how it pans out.I believe the battle against the NWO/TPTB will be either won or lost on American soil thats mainly due to your founding fathers foresight in things like the second amendment and thier warnings on the evils of big govt

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by Bilder

Yes, but Americans can be fiercely patriotic and Xenophobic, when its suggested that a candidate maybe influenced by forces outside the US people would go nuts.

Think of all the obama muslim stuff that gets spread around, or the birther arguments, even a hint of it sends people into a frenzy.

Imagine proof that a candidate was funded by money from outside the US, it would only be used to hurt the candidate that got it, and the more they got the worse it would be.

Heres an example of the crap Kerry got.

Kerry speaks french

Do you understand that people here got upset because the man was bi-lingual... Man I miss the days when I wasn't ashamed by what america has become.

I would love Ron Paul as president, and you idea in a perfect world might work, but the whole reason we are in this mess is the world isn't perfect.

Yes but the point is Americans have been given a get out of jail free card with Ron Paul,he can return America to the Nation it was supposed to be,all the people have to do is listen. I showed a workmate 2 mins of Ron Paul 2 day from the Iowa debate and he spent an hour going through you tube clips looking for more,the message is that basic and honest it pulls people in
edit on 17-8-2011 by Bilder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Im not arguing that Ron Paul wouldn't be a great president, I hope that he will win.

But Al Gore won too, Look how that turned out, TPTB don't want him so any excuse to tear him down they will use, they have marginalized him and ignored him.

Your thread asked if would be possible to fund him with a corporation set up in the US to take in donations for him, Much like what happened with that Mysterious Mitt Romney donor and look how much questions caused.

All I am saying is that your heart is in the right place, but the idea is based off a misunderstanding of the american populous.

Ill give you a simple example, My aunt, who has no internet access and watches network news, had almost no Idea who Ron Paul was, She knew who the other Republican Candidates are, and she knew his name from somewhere... Thats how effective the Media ignoring him can be. Also when further pressed she finally asked "wasn't he the one against the Civil rights movement?"

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Us folk shouldnt get carried away about Paul. There are so many things stacked against him being POTUS even if he was for real. His age to name but one of a few.

Me things it Perry vs Obama and then TPTB dont care which because they are already on the inside. But it could be Bachman and Palin vs Obama, now that would cause a surprise and give a lot of the female vote to the Reps!

Speculating..!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Well, If the US thinks it should "police" the world...

It would only be fair to let the world vote as well

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
He will never cross the winning life if he is for real and not TPTB plant/ploy!

join