It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interview Nerves!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Hello ATS'ers

I have an interview later on today, I’m a confident person, well-spoken but i still get nervous. Any suggestions how to calm down the nerves before an interview. Please help.

Alpal

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpal

I would say be confident in why your there. To re assure your self that your there to meet for the reason that you are and your abilities are worth merit. peace

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpal

A few tips:

Everyone gets nervous, so don't be nervous about being nervous if that makes sense.

Offer to shake their hand as you walk into the room and introduce yourself.

Always pour yourself a glass of water, useful for dry mouth (because your nervous) and if you need to stop and pause to think about something they ask you, a drink of water gives you a few seconds to formulate your answer.

An interview isn't the end of the world so don't look at it as such.

Make sure you've done your homework and are able to answer anything they question you on, hopefully you have researched the company.

Good luck!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
One of the things I would recommend is some stretching before the interview. Another would be either sing a song to exercise your voice and jaw , the take some water with you is great, too.

Have fun!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

edit on 17/8/11 by gardCanada because: dbl post

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Just remember, no matter how bad you may perform, it couldn't possibly any worse than this guy...

edit on 17-8-2011 by Enlightenme1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpal

Nerves are perfectly normal, it shows that you give a damn about whatever it is that is causing them.

If the interviewer has half a brain they will seriously consider you for the job more than they already have pre-interview.

Enjoy the vid and good luck.

edit on 17-8-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpal
Hello ATS'ers

I have an interview later on today, I’m a confident person, well-spoken but i still get nervous. Any suggestions how to calm down the nerves before an interview. Please help.

Alpal

Show up early and give yourself a tour of the place you are going to be interviewed at.

Scope the place out. Find out who is doing the interviews and find out what you can about them. Act like you already work there and look comfortable doing it. Go into the break room for a coffee while your at it.

We fear the unknown. Do some research and scope the place out and you'll feel like you are on home turf.

*When negotiating wages, make sure they give you the number first. You then negotiate from there.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I start my new job on Monday, so as you can imagine i've been to a fair few interviews in the past few months.

Try this... assuming you have done the required homework on the companies background. Go to the interview and flip the whole situation. Feel in your head as if you are interviewing them, don't focus on what they think of you but on what you think of them, the atmosphere, the facilities, the job description, etc. You will have to work there after all.
In your head be thinking, do they match up to your standards?
Always, always remember to smile. I have found that generally the person/persons doing the interview are just as nervous as you.
Good luck

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Thanks everyone
i'll let you know if i get the job or not

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by gardCanada
One of the things I would recommend is some stretching before the interview. Another would be either sing a song to exercise your voice and jaw , the take some water with you is great, too.

Have fun!

I just got this vision of Alpal bursting into song mid-interview!

new topics

top topics

join