It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC: Barrow Taser arrest man dies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

A man has died in Cumbria after being arrested by police who used a Taser. Police were called to Hartington Street, in Barrow, at 18:30 BST on Tuesday, following reports of a man causing a disturbance.

A Taser was deployed during the arrest of the man, who was in his 20s, and he later complained of feeling unwell. He was taken to hospital, where he died.

Link

This isn't really what the police need right now, I understand we don't have the full story at present but there is no mention of the man being aggressive or fighting against the officers sent to arrest him.

Seem's odd to deploy the Taser on someone causing criminal damage in my opinion, maybe there's more to it...
edit on 17/8/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

hi Death Kron,

what more could there be...

ignorant cops want to display power, enforcing unjust laws,
and they killed someone...

end of story...

will it be swept aside like all the rest of the recent taser deaths around the world...???
yes IMHO...

sorry to be neg, but its the truth...

appreciate the thread, cause i am trying to make a list of taser deaths...

seeya

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

The Police are Powermongerererers....
and not the good kind.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I think tasers are normally deployed only when the suspect becomes agitated. However, I am not 100% sure on that. Nevertheless, this is exactly what the police do not need right now, as you have stated. Perhaps it is time for the shop owners to baord up there store fronts.

I hope not.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

I think tasers are normally deployed only when the suspect becomes agitated.

hi Archer,

actually, IMHO, i think it is the other way round...

tasers are used when COPs get agitated...!!!

seeya

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

Point taken.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Not good, and tragic for the family involved.. it seems to me police are resorting to these kinds of tactics as a first resort rather than as a last resort *shakes head* I hope it does not kick off into anything, but who knows given the level of rage that is lying below the surface.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

bonjour Archer, et merci...

but i wasnt having a go at you...

i just thought it was becoming more and more common for these sort of incidents...

and cops , especially in USA, but also here ( in Australia),
are resorting to violence as a "first resort",
rather than a last resort...

U know,,shoot first, ask questions later...

etc

au revoir...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

Yes, unfortuneatly, this seems to be hitting the news with increased frequency and it is frightening.
I think that the police forces of today need to take a step back and revaluate their role.

No, I realise that you were not having a go at me, but you did make a valid point.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Not enough info on this to make a proper assumption. (And coming from me, one of the worlds greatest haters of the police is saying something)

I hae no doubt that cops use unpropotionate force as and when they please, and I also have no doubt that the police will lie and cover up any wrong doing on their behalf, via the IPCC. but still, in the light of day, I'll have to wait until I have more information on this, before I can pass proper judgement.

RIp to the dude who bought it. Maybe the police need to be trained again in dealing with difficult people. I've seen a few times police use dissproportionate force, and there are a # tonne of stories to go with that, so I'm never going to stick up for the filth. But the media also lie through their arses, so I can't make a proper decision on this until I have more facts.

Bad timing though or what. I mean, a riot spread almost country wide over a suspected gun crime dude who got shot. What will happen now a bloke has been killed by taser, for "suspected" criminal damage. Was this purposeful, or is it just an unfortunate sign of the times?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I wonder if there will be riots?
2nd

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Is this the first UK taser death?
I think it may be.
Doubtful the guy had a heart condition or similar if he was a body builder.

So it was probably as a result of the taser IMO.

Never liked the idea of all cops carrying the damn things-you only have to look across the pond to see how they are misused IMO.
Firearms officer only I say-for the rest some kind of mace should be enough I think.

new topics

top topics

join