It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Bugpocalypse is tearing through the midwest like a tornado through a trailer park"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

it is actually eerily beautiful

"Due in large part to all the flood waters along the Missouri River there are a lot more bugs around. The tree tops, ditches and cornfields now smoke with bugs at dusk."

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
woaw

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Neat! Now they can eat dead and decaying matter plants/animals left over from the floods. Plus they make good foodstuff for hungry birds. Just nature doing it job.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

hi BadBoYeed,

beautiful indeed,
until the little buggers land in your vege patch...

seeya

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

That was amazing I also saw this other amazing video on that site sorry to add this here but is insect related

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Just wait for someone to come here and swear this is a sign of the actual end of the world.

Those were a lot of bugs. The birds are probably gaining weight.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Holy crap I hate bugs

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Wow, I've never seen anything like that before. Thanks for showing.
We had floods are the beginning of the year too, bugs everywhere. It's weird walking down a high urban street stepping on hundreds of locust...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I experienced something exactly like this in Mildura(Australia) during the early 2010, It was not the best experience, And every car had green mussh all over them

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Wow thats a lot of bugs, can be good for getting rid of dead animals/plants. But on the other hand not good for people with veg patches.

One thing I thought when watching this was it kind of reminded me of the movie "The Day The Earth Stood Still"

edit on 17/8/11 by boo1981 because: Add clip

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
The locust swarms in the midwest in the 1930s are the ones that were truly amazing. Something to do with the dustbowl phenonenon. A good book on the topic for those who are interested is The Worst Hard Time, about the dustbowl in general.

I find it eerie that locusts grow "teeth and claws" and their body changes in general / they become more aggressive when they begin to feed on a certain amount. If they have less than this amount, they are relatively harmless little green creatures. But if exposed to the right amount of food, they become large, brown eating and mating machines, going into a kind of turbo overdrive and filling the sky with great clouds. The power of parabolic progression in nature is always moving.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Never Despise

very interesting...thanks, i might have to check out that book too!!

new topics

top topics

join