It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

87% of Americans don't approve of congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I bet Kim Jong Il in North Korea has a higher approval rating.

Congressional Job Approval Ties Historic Low of 13%

Americans' evaluation of the job Congress is doing is the worst Gallup has ever measured, with 13% approving, tying the all-time low measured in December 2010.

Still who are those 13% nutjobs? The 13% richest in America because of the low taxes and loopholes they got? The military industrial complex? The banking complex?

With 13% in approval rating, I would even say that the government is illegitimate.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I would surmise that the 13% are America's richest combined with all the back water uneducated folk who believe in Good ol' American democracy still. You know, the ones who will never believe in ANY instance that our Government has ever screwed up.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Maybe i might be jumping kinda far here but, is it crazy to think that Americans soon could very possibly start showing there anger not through stats but by standing on the White House lawn? Or are most of us still chowing down on our Burger King..
edit on 17-8-2011 by SevenOhhTwo because: grammar mistake

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Breaking news, This just in.

87% of Americans don't have the balls to do a damn thing about it.

Back to you Ron.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenOhhTwo
Maybe i might be jumping kinda far here but, is it crazy to think that Americans soon could very possibly start showing there anger not through stats but by standing on the White House lawn? Or are most of us still chowing down on our Burger King..
edit on 17-8-2011 by SevenOhhTwo because: grammar mistake

According to this thread, Wall Street targeted for Britain-style riots,'Day of rage' aims to 'bring down the stock market' you may just be right on the money.

~AMNQ

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
well that 87 percentile is made up of this:

people who think the democrats need to be more demanding and think the republicans should just shut up and go away

and vice versa its like the potus most people are mad cause hes not left enough the right is mad because hes too left.

and those 13% are complete and total idiots.
edit on 17-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I am honestly surprised the number isn't closer to 100%. You've got to be real stupid or incredibly content with failure to approve of this congress. Worst part? Nothing will change because people vote 2 party.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AMANNAMEDQUEST

Yea i just can't see this opression and illusion going on that much longer. I tell you guys the last thing the United States Government wants is millions of angry Americans rioting in the streets or do they? It's not going to be a pretty site if it does happen thats for sure.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
well that 87 percentile is made up of this:

people who think the democrats need to be more demanding and think the republicans should just shut up and go away

and vice versa its like the potus most people are mad cause hes not left enough the right is mad because hes too left.

Sadly I think you are right. If only those 87% were against both parties for their corruption...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
100% of american voters don't matter to Congress, their approval rating could be in the negatives and it wont change anything because there is nothing equivalent to a no confidence vote in the US. Besides the average american can't remember 8 or more years back so they wont remember how the other group boned them and will simply repeat voting for idiots like they always have.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I blame it on the religious right always trying to push their moral agenda.

Oh...you mean that congress. Yeah, I blame it on them too.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
It is not a surprise at all to me. I am actually surprised it is not in the 90's.
Reminded me of the Daily Show last night on August 15. Has been definitely one of the most cited episodes, but in the link Samantha Bee tries to find on the streets of New York City one of the few Americans that actually do support Congress.

Here is the link:

www.thedailyshow.com...

edit on 8/17/2011 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Rasmussen classifies the 13% as the "political class"

Rasmussen’s Political Class
Posted in liberty, politics by dingodonkey on December 28, 2009

Rasmussen has defined a really fantastic concept for its poll interpretations: the Political Class. The very name evokes images of power elites and pundits, fervently applauding their own efforts while peppering their language with meaningless phrases like “the American people” and “Main Street” (vs. “Wall Street”). Oh, you didn’t get all that from it? Well, I did… Maybe I’m too bitter. Anyway, the Political Class is that small group of elites and its ardent supporters, the ones who try to brand themselves as populists but are in fact concerned primarily with the goodness of their own power and authority.

Rasmussen defines the category based on a three-question poll:

1. Generally speaking, when it comes to important national issues, whose judgment do you trust more – the American people or America’s political leaders?

2. Some people believe that the federal government has become a special interest group that looks out primarily for its own interests. Has the federal government become a special interest group?

3. Do government and big business often work together in ways that hurt consumers and investors?

The idea is that each one has three acceptable answers (the populist answer, the elitist answer, and “I don’t know”), and your category is assigned based on your responses..... dingodonkey.wordpress.com...

I would call them SHEEPLE!

Edit to add:
Hey guys, Now we have an accurate definition of a "Sheeple" - Rasmussen's political class!
edit on 17-8-2011 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Congressional Job Approval Ties Historic Low of 13%

With 13% in approval rating, I would even say that the government is illegitimate.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

You get fired in the real world for that approval rating...

UNLESS you work for the unions...

AMIRITE?

Edit: I'm sorry ATS, I forgot that happened last election.

Unions for Congress 2012! Vote SEIU! Corporations are people and Unions can become POTUS! Vote!
edit on 2011/8/17 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'ma scream revolution through whatever means neccessary til they put a bullet in my head for talkin in '3rd degree'...People need to wake up and join the revolution. It's not as hard as you think, making music and writing on the walls isn't rocket science

top topics

join