It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about giants

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Hello.

There are mentioned that every now and again giant human skeletons are discovered and they are immediately seized by governments and kept secret.

My question is, if giants did exist at one time, when did they become secretive and when did their remains start to be collected by governments before the general population could view them.

The reason I ask is if they were real, it had to be common knowledge up until some point.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Jdawg9909

It's a secret no more....I am a giant.

but seriously, don't you think some evidence would have been leaked by now? IF giants are real.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
how big would these giants be?
saw shaq at an nba game 1 time / that is a giant if i ever saw 1.

heard he has 2 have custom made condoms 2 fit him seriously.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The only thing I can possibly think of is that these bones are having tests done on them to see if there is any weight with the Nephilim/Anunnaki story.
Giants have been part of folk lore and ancient stories forever, I always thought that while someone could always have imagined the concept of a huge person, that something must have given them the inspiration. So if there wasn't a giant who was 50ft tall, there may have been a 10ft tall (or bigger!) person who fuelled their imagination.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
It has been my experience that "where there is smoke, there is fire", and there is just WAY too many reports of "sightings" of giants, or rather their remains, if you will, to ignore. It has been reported that Magellan, during his circumnavigation of the globe, saw some giants on the Pacific Coast of South America. Captain Cook, it is rumored, even caught one that was over 9 ft tall, and tied him to the mast of his ship. He was able to get loose and jump overboard and get away.

You can find more here , and here and here

Now granted, one should always take these things with a "grain of salt" so to speak, but even throughout civilizations oral history, there has been tales of giants, dwarves, satyrs, centaurs, mermaids, etc...
Seeing what is possible with modern bio-genetics and knowing that history repeats itself, I, for one see no reason to believe that giants did not exist.

As for why the evidence is whisked away to parts unknown right after discovery? Possibly Lulzaroonie has nailed the reason concerning dna research in connection with the Nephilim. Also, I just wonder what the havoc on society as a whole would be if the existence of giants became fact, and no longer legend and myth. People would start to question just what else was kept from us.

edit on 17-8-2011 by occrest because: hit post instead of preview--oops!

edit on 17-8-2011 by occrest because: no reason

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
That is true, it had to be common knowledge up until some point. Thousands of years ago, people were indeed more than twice as tall as they are today. All the way up until Noah's flood people were that tall. It wasn't until after the flood that people started to get shorter and shorter. As sin became more and more prominent, humans lost that glory and stature that people had since Adam and Eve. The Bible says there were giants in the earth in those days:

Genesis 6:4(KJV)
4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Contrary to popular belief, the giants were not a result of fallen angels breeding with humans. The "sons of God" were the descendants of Seth, who was Cain and Abel's brother. Cain and Abel represented the two classes of people who would be in the world until the end of time; those who love and trust the Lord (Abel), and those who despise the love of the Lord, and rebel against Him (Cain). When Abel was murdered by his brother, Seth then took the place at the head of the line of those who would love and trust the Lord. Therefore, the descendants of Seth were the "Sons of God"- or the opposite of what Cain's descendants were.

Cain established his own country. The true people of God (the descendants of Seth) made it a point not to mingle with the sinners who made up the nation which was headed by the first human murderer. Over time, Satan tempted these sons of God with earthly possessions such as gold, silver, and other treasures. That caused them to begin to mingle with the descendants of Cain. Genesis 6:4 says "there were giants in the earth in those days, and also after that" (the mixing of the descendants of Cain and the descendants of Seth). It does not say that the giants were a result of the interbreeding; it is just stating the fact that the people on earth in those days were tall in stature even after the true children of God mixed with the sinful race. This mixing is what slowly caused humans to shrink in stature. www.remnantofgod.org...

Some food for thought: Noah was part of the race of people who were tall in stature. We know this partly because he was the only person found righteous in the whole earth. That means he was actually more than twice as tall as men are today. Some claim it was impossible for Noah's Ark to hold all of the animals. There are some scientists today who have actually mathematically figured out that the Ark was indeed big enough to hold all of the animals.

Here's the kicker: a cubit in those days was actually measured by the distance from a man's elbow, to the tip of his middle finger. It was kind of like how they used to measure things by "hands" back in the old West; every measurement was slightly different. So, if the Ark was measured in cubits, those cubits were the length from Noah's elbow, to the tip of his middle finger. If Noah was more than twice as tall as men are today, that would mean that the cubits used to measure the Ark are actually more than twice as long as is commonly believed.

If it has been proven that the Ark could have held all the animals by using the measurements that most people think were used, then it most definitely could have held all of the animals with no problem since in reality it was actually more than twice as long as is commonly believed.
edit on 17-8-2011 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

But giants are mentioned in the bible as well as many other religions. So I wonder what is the real reason is for hiding these giants. What would one have to gain by keeping them secret? I understand that history is not as it is written and that certain things have been kept hidden, but i don't see the use of hiding the giants. It would be like hiding the dinosaurs, there would be no point in it.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

nice post...

It makes you think that if giants were around preflood, then what other types of creatures could of been inhabiting the Earth...

Maybe the remains of giants are hidden by governments to disprove the Bible, I guess that could be a reason.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Jdawg9909 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
www.greatdreams.com/reptlan/giants.htmreply to post by Jdawg9909

Thought this was a pretty cool little site

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This link may also assist:

Stan Nielson's Research...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

So I'm not alone in believing the writing of Zecharia Sitchin. Good for you and others who subscribe to the Zumerian text.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Saw an interesting documentary once about a whole group of remains found in Sinkiang, NW China. They were of Caucasian appearance and were all over seven feet tall. They were thousands of years old but were extremely well preserved due to the cold, dry conditions.
I suppose terrain and diet could cause some kind of mutation to occur among some populations making them taller. In England, just go to any really old house and see how low the doorways are. You've got to bend over to get in some of them. We've grown about an extra foot in the past 150 years just because of our modern diets.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie

Some food for thought: Noah was part of the race of people who were tall in stature. We know this partly because he was the only person found righteous in the whole earth. That means he was actually more than twice as tall as men are today.

Where did you come up with this bit of insight? Not wanting to go off topic but how does him being righteous have the slightest insight to his height? Twice as tall is also part of his righteousness?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Some neat pictures

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/84ced2863095.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7384338c605c.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f00f04ffa24e.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f9119a1eabb3.png[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by drivers1492

Does he think that midgets are demons, then?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Neat, but totally fake, methinks!
Although the Noah guy probably thinks the sun must shine out of their a$$es.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by occrest

It's been my experience that most lies are based on truth. Large people fueling the lies of giants would go right in line with everything else. Some of these tales of giants are very recent and considered outright lies. Paul Bunyan comes to mind.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

On the other hand a lot of lies are passed on by lying liars, and are based on the untrue lying lies that they lie.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Its just hard to find a reason why these remains are confiscated.

So what if giants were real? How come the governments didn't hide dinosaur remains.

I think that the proof of giants would prove the Bible real and that is why they are hidden by the secular government.

Just my reasoning.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jdawg9909

You call that "reasoning"? I'd hate to see you being illogical.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join