It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Wins The ATS Straw Poll!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Those were some pretty spot on observations by the BBC that should give you an incite into what the Media sees instead of operating with your blinders on and dismissing it offhand.

Ron Paul was labeled a 9/11 truther yet he did nothing to tell them idiots in his campaign to back off or go on a national platform disassociating himself from them completely.
When these same rabid anarchists show up at his current rallies and disrupt others with their hacker Anonymous posters and masks, what is he going to do then?

Hahahaha Train wreck imminent, one way tickets to kooksville again.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
How about a straw poll for the other party?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Go for it!

Its just a waste of your time and energy.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
As far as political fundraising goes there is no way for any republican candidate to match the close to 1 billion dollars that Pres. Obama will accumulate to win re-election. He raised 750 million the first time around.

One tax-payer funded state of the union style presidential address, with it's total network saturation, would cost another candidate 100 million dollars or more to match. Not to mention the hour afterwards while the political pundits and talking heads all disect every word that the president said. Any tiny false-flag event could be used to initiate such a speech. Virtually erasing any political gains that another candidate had made, all without the incumbent spending a dime of the massive warchest which will be available.

Anyone who says "It's not about the money" is either rich or after yours.

I would sincerely love for Ron Paul to win the whole thing, I think that he is the best person to put into the White House. America really needs his common sense approach to government.

But it is not a level playing field and I do not think that anyone can come close to beating Pres. Obama. Hanging chads or not the incumbent has the advantage of pre-existing position.

It is mighty hard to win a game of king-of-the-hill when one team gets to start at the top.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

he said "the one thing about Rick Perry is he wants to win at any cost"now to me that sounds a little strange coming from this person that is supposed to be a "christian",and that last word is actually what scares me the most...What will he do to win?How far will he go?

...regardless of which potential prez is being discussed - if you appreciate their ethics and politics, you wont have a problem with their "at any cost" stance until they're screwing you...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Those were some pretty spot on observations by the BBC that should give you an incite into what the Media sees instead of operating with your blinders on and dismissing it offhand.

No, they were extremely spot off.

ETA: I didn't dismiss it offhand, I explained very clearly why it was sensationalist LIES.

Ron Paul was labeled a 9/11 truther yet he did nothing to tell them idiots in his campaign to back off or go on a national platform disassociating himself from them completely.

Why should he? It's not his job, nor his place to tell other people what to believe personally. That's not the federal government's job. They associated themselves with him. Instead of spending his time disassociating himself from people he never associated himself with in the first place, he needs to discuss the real issues at hand. He's been DEAD ON about what was gonna happen to our financial system, for years. He was right, and that's the truth. It's time to stop worrying about what everybody else does with their personal time, and get this country back on track FOR ALL OF US.

When these same rabid anarchists show up at his current rallies and disrupt others with their hacker Anonymous posters and masks, what is he going to do then?

"Rabid anarchists", supporting a legitimate candidate for the President of the GOVERNMENT that they don't believe should exist?

edit on 17-8-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk
How about a straw poll for the other party?

Probably because Obama is running for a SECOND TERM, and therefore there is NO ELECTION coming up for the "other party".

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

You ripped my post apart and commented on each point that you did that to....but....you left out the portion that ties it all together. The 4 million dollars he raised. Convenient yet transparent.
When he raised that 4 million, his supporters were and still are pumped up about it and pointing to it, which makes it suspect why you left it out in your chop shop attempt to rebutt my points.

You see, the 4 million is 3 1/2 times less than Romney and probably 30 times less than Obama's war chest. Yes it is third best but third best is not even close to second best in this case. The MSM looks at this and does not see a contender, possibly a spoiler down the road to make a story out of, but not a shot to win it.
Excuse my ignorance, but how exactly does raising more money determine which candidate has the best position on issues? Is that indicative of how beneficial his actions as president will be for this country?

I don't think so. Maybe in the Boy Scouts when selling more magazine subscriptions got you a badge or whatever it's a big deal, but when it comes to which candidate is the best choice for the job, I don't see how it is relevant.

He is lucky the MSM didn't paint him as the sure fire shoe in winner before the Iowa strawpoll with Romney not there, lol, because that is what should have happened according to the moneys raised so far. The MSM accurately covered the winning underdog Bachman according to the money map. They took it easy on Ron Paul by not painting him as a big loser. You guys should be happy.
Um....no, we shouldn't. The media is ignoring Ron Paul, that's not something to be happy about.

If you're happy about a corrupt mainstream media that is told what to say and not say, that's your problem.

Let me introduce you to George Orwell's 1984, the media was big on propaganda and only telling people what the government wants them to know. Maybe in a couple years the mainstream media stations will band together and form the Ministry of Truth, then we'd really be getting somewhere.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I propose that ATS admin sponsor a contest for the best Ron Paul Election sticker that will fit in 500 x 80 pixels.

But in the meantime, I am going with 27jd's image in my signature to show support for RP:

Thanks 27jd! Added you as a friend too. Good comments man!

PS. Now if only I could figure out how to center that image. Tried a lot of code options, and nothing seems to work.

edit on Wed Aug 17th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Enlightenme1111

Yeah man!! lol

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Are we alloud to switch parties? I was independant, but I really like this ron paul guy. Hes got somthing that none of the othwrs have....

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by otie1

You sure can, as many times as you like. You can do it online. I'm Independent too, but will be switching to Republican for the primaries, then switching back.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by otie1

You don't have to switch or join a party to vote for Ron!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
between the media blackouts and TPTB I dont think Ron Paul has a chance, he wants to give the american people there freedom back and that is something that they dont want at all costs.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

I believe only Republicans can vote in the primary elections. So, anybody who's not a Republican should register as one to get him up against Obama and the media could no longer ignore him. Otherwise, he'd have to switch to Independent and get the Nader treatment in the media. If Jesse Ventura is serious though, and runs with him for VP if RP doesn't get the Republican nomination and switches to Independent, which I hear he will do...that may be interesting.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by Freenrgy2

I believe only Republicans can vote in the primary elections. So, anybody who's not a Republican should register as one to get him up against Obama and the media could no longer ignore him. Otherwise, he'd have to switch to Independent and get the Nader treatment in the media. If Jesse Ventura is serious though, and runs with him for VP if RP doesn't get the Republican nomination and switches to Independent, which I hear he will do...that may be interesting.

That's true. I was thinking general election. Heck, I'll write him in if I have to. Not a wasted vote in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
There are that many who think Gingrich is intelligent?

Wow...Just wow...granted the numbers may be scewed since the poll was two questions and led one to the second based on the answer to the first question...which I suppose what, 4 people thought Gingrich was intelligent...

Still too many...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
THIS ONE FOR MR. PAUL

-------------------->Memorial $1 gold coin

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I sincerely can't believe people are still bothering to vote.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Great results.

Don't believe this straw poll will reflect the real election, It is ATS after all.

Also not so sure about the pictures you folks used to represent Ron Paul on the front page. With countless pictures to choose from, one is a close up of him looking toned dark and serious and the other one is a caricature.

Much into image trafficking are we?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join