It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Wins The ATS Straw Poll!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
This ATS poll is very telling, either Ron Paul is popular because of what he stands for OR he he is only popular because Conspiracy theorists feel they have a foot in the door of the establishment.

I for one am glad to see this pole in favor of Paul by such a overwhelming amount. Winning is great in and of itself but to win by MEGA TSUNAMI is just spectacular.

I want to role this poll up and swat the face of detractors with it!

"Ron Paul can't win." .......SWAT!!!!....think again morons!
Ha ha ha
couldn't have said it better myself!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Well it looks like 98% of ATS is going to be dissapointed with the GOP nomination.

I'm just curious...does anyone honestly believe that this poll reflects reality of the GOP nomination race?

...i dont... i think the next prez has already been chosen... not absolutely sure who it is but i got a real bad feeling its rick perry with one of the bubble head dolls... hope i'm wrong...
I briefly listened to NPR the other day they were talking about the straw polls,I don't know who was speaking for Rick Perry,but he said something that gave me the creeps,he said "the one thing about Rick Perry is he wants to win at any cost"now to me that sounds a little strange coming from this person that is supposed to be a "christian",and that last word is actually what scares me the most...What will he do to win?How far will he go?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
reply to post by TrueAmerican

We should do a joint venture of making bumper stickers that state "I'm voting for Ron Paul in 2012".

I'll bet you'd see a lot of those on cars/trucks.

We could even charge a dollar for them, then donate the money made for his campaign.

My mom says I'm a dreamer.
Actually thats a great idea ,mine are in the mail as we speak,bumper stickers,t-shirts ect...ect.I plan on putting his name in the public all I can so people will see his name anywhere they go.I might wear his t-shirts from now until election day.If anything people will know his name!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
What kind of crap is it that Ron Paul's apparent intelligence is LOWER than Michele "Diva" Bachmann's?
edit on 17-8-2011 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This just shows that this site is just as naive and silly as the people who elected Obama. Im going to give you some quotes by Ron him self, and if this doesnt scare him away from you, then Im very scared for this country.

1 "Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the ‘criminal justice system,’ I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal. — Printed In Ron Paul’s Newsletter (but not written by him)"

2 "Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action. — Printed In Ron Paul’s Newsletter (but not written by him)"
TR: “Under President Paul, if Iran invades Israel, what do we do?”
RP: (amused) “They're not going to: That's like saying 'Iran's about to invade Mars'”.

I forgot, Iran likes Israel. Its not like they have spoke hundreds of times about wiping them off the planet. (oh wait they have) This isnt fantasy land.

I guess I dont have the luxury or pleasure to live in a fantasy world with the rest of you or to see how the world works through your eyes. Keep thinking he is the answer and give him all your support, because I will bet my left arm, he doesnt win.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Well Perry doesn't need anything but a good lying speeches and money, we all know that corporate America loves him, specially big pharma as he was one of those that pushed guardasil into congress to be added to necessary childhood vaccines, even when the trials were showing the dangers of the drug on children.

Still he got plenty of fund for campaign by big pharma.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Absolute pawnage by Ron Paul here at ats!

I love the angle that RP supporters converge on polls like we all plan it. Basically what they are saying is that the supporters of other candidates don't know how to use a mouse or a computer. It was one thing to say this about Paul supporters in 2008 because maybe one could say the internet was new LOL (it obviously wasn't). Obama was praised for his online campaigning in 2008 so here we are 4 years later and the candidates that lose badly in every online poll and obviously have no internet presence plan to beat Obama?

So either these online polls are legit and Paul just genuinely has much more support than the establishment media would have us believe OR literally every other candidate has zero organizational ability or a passionate base which would inevitably lead them to a loss vs Obama. However you slice it Ron Paul owns and they fail.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I rather like that cartoon they put up.

Hopefully he'll keep getting up on places.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
This just shows that this site is just as naive and silly as the people who elected Obama. Im going to give you some quotes by Ron him self, and if this doesnt scare him away from you, then Im very scared for this country.

1 "Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the ‘criminal justice system,’ I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal. — Printed In Ron Paul’s Newsletter (but not written by him)"

2 "Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action. — Printed In Ron Paul’s Newsletter (but not written by him)"
RP: (amused) “They're not going to: That's like saying 'Iran's about to invade Mars'”.

I forgot, Iran likes Israel. Its not like they have spoke hundreds of times about wiping them off the planet. (oh wait they have) This isnt fantasy land.

I guess I dont have the luxury or pleasure to live in a fantasy world with the rest of you or to see how the world works through your eyes. Keep thinking he is the answer and give him all your support, because I will bet my left arm, he doesnt win.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

What is "Naive and silly" is your inability to recognize the TRUTH in any of those declarations! The only folks living in any "Fantasy world" are the ones that still subscribe to the two-party system. If Dr. Paul wins I will be fully expecting your laft arms to be shipped to ATS HQ to be put on display!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Everything looks good and fine. Has ATS sent the results to a local or prominent news media? My only thing is that if we had a outlet to publicize the results and hopefully bring some awareness to the others outside of ATS, then it would be helpful and worth the effort.

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I really wish I got into Politics but I just don't have an interest. If it wasn't for ATS my choice would be Mitt Romney. I know Ron Paul is a huge fan for this site so I think it's somewhat biased based on all the threads created to state Paul is being ripped off by the media. If you ask me it seems Ron Paul is likely the flavor of the day...kind of like Obama when he ran.

If I could have one choice right now to run this country it would be Hilary Clinton.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Ok you have this poll at ATS and then this Topix poll
Topix Poll
Ron Paul owns the Internet, but sadly he doesn't own the American baby boomers votes, he is also marginalized by media no matter how well he does. So much so that comedy is being made of it now. This is truly hilarious and sad at the same time, it is a must watch, if you haven't seen it.
Comedy about Ron Paul being ignored

As Ron said this week he is trying to change the course of history, not an easy task, and not liked at all by those that want to propagate the American Empire at any cost, even into total bankruptcy.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Ron Paul is the lone voice in liberty , which is the inherit right for all, he is the Global elites worst night mare

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43

What's the purpose of your post? If Ron did not say nor write the things in items 1 & 2, then why post the quotes in an effort to ruin his credibility? Looks like you're following the opposition's playbook from 2007.

Israel can take care of themselves. If Iran invaded Israel today, what would Obama do! Come on, it always comes down to fear-mongoring with you people. You think that if Paul were President, the first thing that would happen is that Iran would invade Israel. Do you not think for a second that Israel would wipe Iran off the face of the Earth! Do you not think that President Paul would ensure that our national interests are protected and that we would help Israel as well?

The question is whether or not America really needs to be the 'policeman of the world'. Do we really need a vast military empire and entangling ourselves into every situation, covert or otherwise? How much money (debt) can we save by pullng back some of this monstrosity and using part of those funds to shore up our defense here at home!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karmon
I have one question: How many political relevant parties do you have in the USA?

Are there just Republicans, Democrats and the Tea Party?

There are actually several political parties in the US.

List of political parties in the United States

The average citizen really only knows of two parties in the US. This is because the US is considered a bipartisan, or two-party government. This basically means that while, yes, there are other parties in the US, there are only two major parties with political credibility and sway. Officials running under other parties will rarely be elected, simply because the Republican and Democratic parties are so large and powerful.

Essentially our laws were set up to protect the status quo. They have legislated themselves into power by making it all but impossible for any other party to qualify under the conditions they have set. The election laws that have been set up do not help third parties. Having runoffs between the top two in local elections is a help to the established parties.The Progressive party is the only one that lasted for a bit but they won too few elections to impact Congress.

The Libertarian Party is often referred to as the largest American third party. In 1996, Ross Perot ran for president under the Reform Party, which he had founded in 1995, and in 2000, Ralph Nader ran for president with the Green Party. Another famous Reform Party politician is the former WWF Wrestler and Minnesotan Governor, Jesse Ventura.

Another reason the third parties do not get fair representation is that we in the US tend to vote for candidates. In some countries you vote party and they choose the candidates. So if the Green Party wins 13%of the vote, they get 13% representation and the party chooses who those members are.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
How about a poll asking if Paul ran against Obama today who would you vote for., just out of curiosity.

Or you could include all the candidates.
edit on 093131p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

The truth? Ron Paul will never win.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
So over 12,000 non ATS members Ron Paul fans spammed an online poll?

Why am I not surprised? This is what they do.

Are Ron Paul fans crying that the MSM are not covering this yet?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
How about a poll asking if Paul ran against Obama today who would you vote for., just out of curiosity.

Yeah ATS that should be next, Obama Vs Paul in a poll, it would be interesting to see if the percentage would be even higher than this poll?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
I didn't read every post, but...

Roughly 13,000 of the roughly 18,000 votes were cast by non-members??

Hmmm...

no kidding.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join