It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Wins The ATS Straw Poll!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Interesting results, but I didn't partake in this poll since I'm not actually American. The "electability" is an interesting marker. Notice how the Sarah Palin voters think she is a lot more electable than Ron Paul, even though she's probably worse in every other aspect.

I am with Chaotic. I found the "electability" to be a very interesting marker as well. It shows me that some people dont actually care about the issues. "Electability" will not fix this economy. It does nothing to address these ongoing, never ending wars and military actions, it does nothing for health care, nothing for foreign policy. Weather someone is "electable" or not really does nothing at all. So why would a person's "Electability" be the main reason why you would vote for a Candidate? I for one hope those people stay home on Election Day.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
As much as people argue here, isn't it nice that we can all come together and agree on something? Ron Paul, uniting ATS today, uniting the country tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Everyone keeps worrying about elect-ability being an issue with Ron Paul, but the poll was just demonstrating that those who are voting for him believe that to be a non-issue. We actually chose the topics that mattered MOST.

After all, at this point, I'm pretty sure if the GOP puts a turnip with a cute puppy as a running mate up against Obama it'd win...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
What's up with people supporting Palin for her "electability"? Are some people voting for presidential candidates based on their popularity and charisma now or what?

They MAY be the Same Type of People that Believes in this BS! besides She Popularity beauty contest! Queen !
Pawn ! with the Stereotypical Southern Like Idealist ! (Redneck ways)

Palin Witchcraft

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Gives me a ton of Hope knowing that sooo many other people are feeling the same way that I do!!! Thanks for this poll!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
The stance on abortion thing... Do people really vote based on THAT? I mean its their choice, their vote; just seemed interesting that there were votes for those options on a few of the candidates.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Phantom
As much as people argue here, isn't it nice that we can all come together and agree on something? Ron Paul, uniting ATS today, uniting the country tomorrow.

Well said, sir. This is true hope.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
how many of the votes for paul were american voters?

17,000 anonymous voters?

was this poll linked to face book or some other sites?

could it be?

i didn't vote electability or intelligence.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by killuminati2012
I love these polls, but it would also be nice if the graphs included actual numbers instead of just percentages.

Good point, It would be interesting to see the numbers as well as the percentages. I guess I could do the math and figure it out, but.... It's math....

The raw numbers can be extracted to a close approximation from the raw numbers given and the percentages, but I can't think of a compelling reason to extract them. For comparative purposes, the percentages are much more relevant.

For example, there were 17,783 votes overall, of which Ron Paul got 83.2%. 17783 * 0.832 = 14795 votes (rounded to the nearest whole vote). Digging deeper then plays from that figure. The reason given for voting Ron Paul as "social policy" was 5.3%, so out of those 14795 votes (17495 * 0.053 = 784) 784 votes for Ron Paul were determined by his social policy.

Some of the results were really surprising to me. Out of Mit Romney's share, most votes were cast because of his economic policy. Really? Were those votes Democrats voting as Republicans? Or were they Republicans voting on what he says, rather than what he has done?

In order to clarify that, perhaps in the followup questions two more should have been added: "Apparent Sincerity of the candidate" and "Past Record", but everyone has 20/20 hindsight, right?

By checking Romney's back track, I can see that his sincerity is practically nonexistent, which is why I'd vote for Obama before I'd vote for Romney. With Obama, we know what we're getting. It's bad, but at least we know what it is. With Romney, voting on what he says (rather than what he's done) will lead to a crushing disappointment, and potential SERIOUS conflict in America during that term of office.

It will be the final nail in the Republican coffin, and I truly believe that's precisely what they are aiming for. I think Romney has already been pre-selected for the Republican candidacy with that specific goal in mind, and barring some serious revelation, that's just the way it will go.

R.I.P G.O.P.

Up next: The final destruction of the DNC,

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Most excellent. I hope that this will be an indicator of what is to be in the next real election. Ron Paul has my vote, that is for sure!

If i were an American, Ron Paul would surely have my vote too mate.

But don't count on it, it's going to be another stitch up. I was watching a BBC news article about the US candidates and who is likely to be a 'frontrunner' and nominated for running etc...guess what, Ron Paul wasn't even given a mention.

I was waiting for his name to be raised, even in passing, but nothing.

In my view, Ron Paul is the only president who will actually work to save your country, and not his own financial interests. He is a patriot, and is obviously passionately committed to stopping and reversing the rot and corruption that has plagued the US for decades.

Not only the US of course, i want him to win for my own selfish reasons too...if the US goes under, and if matters continue along the same rotten path, my own country Great Britain will be following close behind.

Ron, even Englishmen are for you...if the corrupt minority prevent you from saving the USA, please move to the UK and run for office here.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stovokor

Originally posted by links234

Ron Paul Wins The ATS Straw Poll!

Please tell me I'm not the only one that's not suprised at this result.

I didn't partake because I'm not a republican, I didn't want to choose the lesser of 12 evils.

PS: I really like these polls the site has been using lately.

I am a liberal independant and I'm going in for Dr Paul. His message transcends party affiliation.

That's exactly how I see it, although not US, or American, or Republican, I would vote for him....it's blindingly obvious in fact!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Symer

Also, the member/non-member ratio isn't always reported in other polls so I can't really tell if this -heavily toward non-member leaning- ratio is out of the ordinary. Is it?

Incorrect.

Those numbers are always given, and non-members, so far, have always outweighed members by a hefty margin. It only shows that there are a lot of lurkers reading, learning, and keeping mum. The only thing is that the results are never broken down along those lines item by item, probably for brevity's sake. If you start reporting there, where do the endless breakdowns and permutations stop?

Think of it as a multiplied force, and the ATS members as force-multipliers.

edit on 2011/8/17 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
as a canadian i truly hope that ron paul does win the the republician nomination. although i highly doubt that he will win due to the higher power that selects the candidates. all in all it will be very interesting to see what will happen.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Its real simple. If we want someone with business since and the know how to turn this economy around, Cain is the answer. I liked Ron Paul until he said it doesnt matter what IRAN does.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Interesting, everybody "hopes" that Ron Paul will win, but the reality is a very different one, sadly it will be Perry, why? because his "electability" Republicans wants a new face that will cater to all groups like Bush did, while claiming to be another born again Christian, but will sit to dine in splendor with the middle east wealthiest.

Just like Bush born again Christian and then crapped on fundamentalist right in favor to corporate America.

I even voted that Perry will win and I don't even give a dime about him.

The reason is that he is what corporate America "will want" he will become what the fundamentalist right will want" and he will be again 'what the middle east richest wants", he will be well funded and the propaganda will be massive.

At the end he will be like any other Republican or Democrat in the white house in the last few decades nothing but whores to private interest.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

i totally agree. i mean he was under al gore a big time globalist, and on top of that he went to bilderberg back in 2007.
______beforeitsnews/story/703/077/Rick_Perry_Attends_Bilderberg_2007.html

and as you said rick perry is the one the corperations want because he is like obama and bush before him a complete "yes-man" and will implement the orders they want. a perfect example of that is the gardasil vaccine.

echochambers.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thank god!
you had me scared to death yesterday after the "first announcement"(ha ha)you made yesterday!You really had me second guessing myself...DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!!

Do you think the candidates,tptb,or the msm will take notice of these polls?Keep sending us the polls,it's a positive step in getting our voices out there,and hopefully make a difference in some small way.
edit on 17-8-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by thenitrous666

Like I say he will be well funded and if the Obamacare makes it he will be big pharma shining light for forced killer drugs on the public specially children.
edit on 17-8-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
The people that voted for Sarah Palin should be banned from the forum life.

Thanks for that..I spat merlot out of my nose! It burns! LOL
edit on 17-8-2011 by Stovokor because: (no reason given)
Same here ,how in gods green earth did she get 11%??
if elected(and that's big hypothetical)aren't these people afraid she would quit in the middle of her term to do something else?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I am a liberal independant and I'm going in for Dr Paul. His message transcends party affiliation.

Couldnt agree more, very accurate statement.

When Ron Paul talks about his affiliation with the Republican party he generally says that the Republicans have lost their way or that the 2-headed 1-party system has made it incredibly difficult for an Independent to run for President on a national scale.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join