It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Wins The ATS Straw Poll!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234

Ron Paul Wins The ATS Straw Poll!

Please tell me I'm not the only one that's not suprised at this result.

I didn't partake because I'm not a republican, I didn't want to choose the lesser of 12 evils.

PS: I really like these polls the site has been using lately.

Come on, I mean...it's online poll. Do you think the democrat god is going to smite you for voting in a poll on ATS?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
LOL

one stat and one stat alone matters here

A virtually nonexistant electabillity result under Ron Paul.

This tells that even his rabid fans know electabillity is his worst trait.

Maybe that's because those of us that want to see the country fixed don't give a crap about anyone else's perceptions, and board trolling, about his supposed "electability". He is electable based on the fact that he makes the most sense to counter the country's problems. Not what he looks like, or the media's persistent character assassinations. When people start thinking about what really matters, there is no other vote but Paul.

Sounds to me like you too have fallen for the media bias. Too bad.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
While many of the anti-Pualians will undoubtedly continue mumbling "fringe" regarding sites like ATS, 83.2% of 17,783 participants for a poll that was only up for a couple of days sure feels more like the way the wind is blowing to me.

Kinda flies in the face of the rhetoric you'll hear over and over about electability in the coming year.

Write it off as not credible all you want, but 14,795 or so people seem to feel otherwise.

Edit to add: When I hear the word "electability", I envision Obama's toothy tele-prompter facade or Ricky Ricardo's slick bongo playing and think of the words "Star Search".

I made my choices with the tough issues in mind. This is our future, not a beauty contest.

edit on 17-8-2011 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

LOL

Maybe that's because those of us that want to see the country fixed don't give a crap about anyone else's perceptions, and board trolling, about his supposed "electability". He is electable based on the fact that he makes the most sense to counter the country's problems. Not what he looks like, or the media's persistent character assassinations. When people start thinking about what really matters, there is no other vote but Paul.

I would like to add. It was stated to choose as few answers as possible to get an accurate tally. Electability didn't cross my mind as being as important as other choices. I didn't put a tick in that bubble.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
If I'm not mistaken wasn't it only 17,000 or so people that voted in the Iowa ames straw poll??

Why should this poll be any less relevant? We were not paid unlike the real straw poll.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111

We care about REAL issues and REAL problems. I couldn't retard myself to select electability as an important issue, I'm sorry.

If you care about REAL stuff then you won't care about this non-real poll as it pertains to the REAL world.
It is a very telling poll for ATS about ATS membership though, I say good job on that.

Electabillity = confidence level
Zero electabillity = Zero confidence level

Elections are won on swing voters and fence sitters, rabid fans can be counted before the voting, and not all of them ever show up as counted on.

Confidence brings out the vote, a proverbial truth of election day.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

And it's good you didn't put a tick there, imo.

I went for "National Policy", figuring that a sound national policy by default incorporates a sound economic and foreign policy- otherwise, the national policy wouldn't be that effective. RP has the answers for all of it.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

LOL

Sounds to me like you are ignoring the facts of election days gone by.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

We should do a joint venture of making bumper stickers that state "I'm voting for Ron Paul in 2012".

I'll bet you'd see a lot of those on cars/trucks.

We could even charge a dollar for them, then donate the money made for his campaign.

My mom says I'm a dreamer.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111

LOL

This poll is nothing more than a poll for Ron Paul fans on a board dominated by Ron Paul fans.
The questionaire part is the only telling part of the poll.
People won't care why you are a rabid fan, but will care that you all passed by the choice saying he is electable.

Nice way to shoot yourselves in the foot.

Actually I think it speaks to the intelligence of Ron Paul voters. We overlooked electability because we don't consider electability the issue that's currently sending our country down the toilet. We don't care about the fake games. We care about REAL issues and REAL problems. I couldn't retard myself to select electability as an important issue, I'm sorry.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Enlightenme1111 because: (no reason given)

COMPLETELY AGREE! I was allowed to select 4 issues most important to me. I chose the important issues. Electability is NOT an important issue. I don't vote for people based on how likely they'll be elected, I'd vote for them based on what they intend to do when they get into office.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

LOL

This poll is nothing more than a poll for Ron Paul fans on a board dominated by Ron Paul fans.
The questionaire part is the only telling part of the poll.
People won't care why you are a rabid fan, but will care that you all passed by the choice saying he is electable.

Nice way to shoot yourselves in the foot.

I was instructed to pick as few traits as possible and I didn't know what "electability" even meant. Maybe you can define it for me.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I am loving these numbers. Although I'm surprised at the percentages for "Apparent Intelligence" on the other candidates, I haven't seen a single one of them express any signs of "Apparent Intelligence" like RP. But I'm biased, so every other candidate just seems silly.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

OR he he is only popular because Conspiracy theorists feel they have a foot in the door of the establishment.

"Stifle Edith, stifle yerself, aye!?"

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The MSM doesn't take Ron Paul seriously because his BASE is made of an unknown social networking quagmire of foreigners, underage kids, and people of uncertain confidence level in their candidate to even show up and vote at all. This ATS poll only reinforces this image.

Now that can change if the facts on the board change.
His raising of 4million dollars is a start but it is still a dismal third place to Obama and Romney.
His only chance to make the general election at this point is as a third party candidate that places him guess where? In the same dismal third place position out on the fringes.

The reason Obama came from out of nowhere is because he got the Party to back him, do you see the Republican Party in any scenario setting up camp behind Ron Paul?

Those are just some of the facts that make crying about the MSM dismissing Ron Paul look like a desperate cry from the wilderness.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
i was under the impresion that rick perry won by a lot! Hmmm

LOL of course big ron paul sweeps the flo whith the other "candidates"
0ne l0ve

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

do you see the Republican Party in any scenario setting up camp behind Ron Paul?

Absolutely. When they realize RP is their best chance to beat Obama, as was shown in one poll a while back, they may have no other choice. Or lose.

And his Base? That's nonsense. Take me for example. I am not a foreigner, underage kid, and I have every bit of confidence in RP.

Where do you come up with this stuff? From a White House talking points memo?

:shk:

83+ % of those voting at ATS back Ron Paul.

That is saying something. You figure that a bunch of conspiracy minded people who have dug up just about every bit of malice in this world there is, have come to the conclusion that Ron Paul is the man to fix it.

Good on you ATS! You make me a bit proud to be a member here again, if for nothing else, just THAT.

And OH...Anyone forgetting to flag this thread, please do so. I think it's safe to say that most of ATS would not mind this thread on the front page. Nope, not one bit! So flag it up!

ETA: lol, I just saw that SO has prepped a special pic for the RP ATS straw poll win on the ATS homepage.

But for Pete's sakes, SO, how about getting a more flattering picture of RP please? Looks like you picked it from one time he was angry fighting off stupidity from all angles. Come on man, you can do better than that. It's an ATS conspiracy, I tell ya....

edit on Wed Aug 17th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Ok, I'll leave you to your hugfest of ignorance and denial.
I gave the thread a star too, and nobody can accuse me of showing up in here for any.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Most excellent. I hope that this will be an indicator of what is to be in the next real election. Ron Paul has my vote, that is for sure!

Does he have your activism though because with what he's up against he's going to need more than just your vote.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I like what Ron Paul says too, but I have a funny feeling he's just really good at saying what people want to hear - that's just my personal opinion. It's kinda like the saying "if it's too good to be true, it probably is." I mean everyone's so against Obama all the time, and even myself find it hard to believe that the guy has basically done nothing since he's been in office. But, I also feel bad for the guy in a way.

I also find it funny that for so many people saying how great Ron Paul is, you have so many different reasons all over the place - you'd think it would be focused on one area rather than spread all across the board - it's almost as if people picking him on here really have no clue about the guy... I dunno, seems strange.

I "voted" for Herman Cain on this poll, because after watching almost all of them give their speeches in Iowa, Cain seemed the most down to earth, everything he said was realistic; he wasn't trying to blow any smoke or give some amazing speech about things he'll never do... Unlike a LOT of the others, especially the ones that like to say the same things over and over again during the same speech. Or the ones that say things like "Hey, if you don't like me, that's fine - don't vote for me!"

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

The MSM doesn't take Ron Paul seriously because his BASE is made of an unknown social networking quagmire of foreigners, underage kids, and people of uncertain confidence level in their candidate to even show up and vote at all. This ATS poll only reinforces this image.
I completely disagree, the media is ignoring Ron Paul because whoever runs the stories and propaganda behind the mainstream media is threatened by him and is almost blacking him out from the public. It really sounds like paranoid conspiracy theorist mumbo jumbo, but the sad reality is this is actually happening and it's been made blatanly obvious in the past several years that the media is controlled.

Ron Pauls stance on issues are pretty simple, and I don't think the age of his supporters really matters anyway. As long as they are 18 year old American citizens, they have the right to vote just like any senior citizens or middle aged people.

He wants to end all of the wars....jeez, what a renegade politician, we don't want a daredevil like that in office! No wars? Who will we kill? What countries could we invade?

He wants cut spending heavily which will help to chip away at our massive debt.

He wants to legalize all drugs and leave the freedom of choice up to the individual and leave the government out of it.

He wants to back the federal reserve with gold in order to protect the money from corruption.

He wants to protect individuals rights and enforce/apply the Constitution no matter what the situation.

He wants to limit the power of the federal government and protect the citizens.

IDK how any of those could be seen as the ramblings of an insane, unrealistic president. Ron Paul takes legitimate positions that make a lot of sense and for the most part are obviously the more rational thing to do.

His only chance to make the general election at this point is as a third party candidate that places him guess where? In the same dismal third place position out on the fringes.
You can partially thank the mainstream media for silencing him for a while, for example pushing other candidates onto us when Ron Paul almost got second in the Iowa straw poll and should have got lots of attention. But there is still quite a bit of time until the elections, and I bet by then nobody will keep him quiet anymore and he'll have tons of supporters.

The reason Obama came from out of nowhere is because he got the Party to back him, do you see the Republican Party in any scenario setting up camp behind Ron Paul?
Yes, this situation is a great example of a crucial flaw in the two party system that has arguably screwed this country.

Those are just some of the facts that make crying about the MSM dismissing Ron Paul look like a desperate cry from the wilderness.
Dude, MSM is blacking him out bigtime and it is completely obvious.

The story Jon Stewart ran showed probably 10-15 examples of the major media stations giving Ron Paul the cold shoulder in situations where they clearly should have mentioned him and would have were he another candidate. Yes, a comedy channel provides honest and unbiased reporting while the major media outlets are extremely biased propaganda machines....

edit on 17-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join