It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wall Street targeted for Britain-style riots,'Day of rage' aims to 'bring down the stock market'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
if the protests are organised by the cia, etc, and i think highly likely, its probably a plan to wipe out america's middle class i imagine...

the poor will riot and turn on those closest to them - i.e. the rich middle class.

thereby destroying the only people who probably can help them get to the ones orchestrating the whole thing.

they'll be safe and it won't bother them at all.

just like the london riots. the middle class shop owners got targeted and not one banker was looted.

they must think it's hilarious.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
if the protests are organised by the cia, etc, and i think highly likely, its probably a plan to wipe out america's middle class i imagine...

the poor will riot and turn on those closest to them - i.e. the rich middle class.

thereby destroying the only people who probably can help them get to the ones orchestrating the whole thing.

they'll be safe and it won't bother them at all.

just like the london riots. the middle class shop owners got targeted and not one banker was looted.

they must think it's hilarious.

Exactly.

Any American that engages in the looting of his or her own community should be shot dead in the streets

If you want to do something, storm the capitol building. Storm the white house when Barack is there. Storm the main HQs of the banks. Rioting and busting windows of some dude's pizzeria is idiocy.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
i wish they had these protests in Pittsburgh then i could go...its always the same 9-5 routine by everyone around here everyone is oblivious to these kinda things sadly...but hopefully everyone will wake up in time to stop the sh*t, I have hardly no hope for that tho hah

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by infojunkie2

Hallelujah is about time that Americans wake from the big pharma over medicated slumber and raise up and fight for our nations rights, we the tax payer have been robbed, mistreated, forced to pay for the big fat rats economic mistake and still our own corrupted government wants us tp bend more because they still have more to keep screwing us with.

I which I was still living in the north, I would have been marching with all of them.
Perhaps we should have local protest at state level just to show support.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I believe all of us keeping up with current events have known and have been wondering when they are going to start our Libya here in the US. Made up of CiA operatives along with their alphabet police goons. Add to the mix the drug cartels and street gangs that are on the dole and have been provided weapons of all sorts. Now get the crazy AL Gore and his Globalist crowd. We are all screwed. How can you stop something you are not a part of and have no control over. YOU DON'T!!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
This would be nothing like the British riots. The riots in Britain were caused by mindless yobbos whose only agenda was to cause as much violence and destruction for the fun of it, and to steal goods for their own personal gain.

Any orchestrated attack on Wall Street would have a clear objective and would be based on political activism, rather than self-serving thuggery.

Having said that, I would be against any violent attack of this nature, but any comparison between objective-driven social unrest and the chaotic, largely unorchestrated hooliganism seen recently in England, would be inaccurate.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I take issue with civil disobedience being anathema to non-violence and your conflation of protesting and rioting.

I have come across this planned protest for weeks and not once did I see patronage by ACORN or the SEIU. In fact, as far as I knew, they've both been fairly neutered. I'm not, however, saying you or your source is lying about their involvement. I just question - as someone who thinks that protesting in Wall Street is an excellent idea - why it is that I have not heard about ACORN or SEIU's involvement on numerous "leftist" blogs and news sites over the past few weeks and your conservative source has made them the focal point.

In other words, I question if the OP and many like-minded responding parties here are not taking a sort of logical reactionary response of preparing for rioting and looting which has the obvious effect of keeping you all away from the protests as well, ready to see the non-revolution as it is televised, awaiting the small number of people who go to be tased, LRAD'ed, and billy-clubbed while the agents provocateurs get away free and clear and the hippies and random folks get processed under the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act...you know, as opposed to joining in on a mutual endeavor of democratic force.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

You and the poster you've quoted are not wrong in feeling that way. I agree, but the problem is that unfortunately, not enough has been done / is being done to deal with the poor and disenfranchised. We sit at home afraid of their potential reaction, never actually doing anything about it. So, the natural outcome when worse comes to worst is that they will lash out.

The problem with them lashing out - and I'm not implying that all poor people are stupid or ignorant - is that they don't know who to lash out at or why. Their worldview is solely constructed by the media and falsehoods. Unfortunately, that means that "Joe Schmoe's Pizzeria" is the nearest glaring apparition of the status quo and that is why Joe Schmoe's Pizzeria gets its window's broken in and till stolen. Now, if Joe Schmoe, his employees, and others in the community were involved in the same democratic endeavors as the "heathen masses" then the reactionary force could be mutually controlled, funneled into positive things like mass protests. Instead, it will become splintered outrage and angst, thus: riots.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by infojunkie2
In the wake of Britain's riots, a group of American radicals are planning a "Day of Rage" targeting Wall Street and U.S. capitalism.

The heading of the linked article is stupid. The British riots were not some mass protest at the stock market. They were a bunch of rabble engaged in some opportunist thieving. Many were young teens. Some were pre teens.
Not so much a day/days of rage. More a day of getting yourself some new trainers and a plasma TV. Oh and setting fire to things indiscriminately a) because it's fun and exciting and b) because it is sticking two fingers up at authority.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Hmm, there already is rich vs poor issues in my city, people are upset with those in the south end thinking they have more money, better cars, houses etc than those in the poorer west and north ends. People think the south end gets more coverage in the news for anything even if its minor.

I think the next riots are going to be against the lower classes vs the richer middle classes more than anything.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Interesting....

A couple of days ago, ATS member Zakd619 posted a thread announcing such an occupation of Wall Street with tents, etc. He said it was to be a peaceful, non-violent protest and gave the specifics, calling for members to spread the word.

Not only has my comment in that thread been deleted, but Zakd's entire THREAD is deleted.

Now, infojunkie, you are posting this thread announcing what appears to be the same protest, yet proclaiming it is going to be violent like the riots in England?

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

Makes one wonder who's an agent provocateur.....
edit on 6-9-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Great use of a name.
a name that says we are terorrists.
so they can shoot half of you and put the rest in jail for ever.
this is to give the MAN the power not you.
IDEOTS

top topics

<< 1   >>

join