It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico Is The Most violent Country In The World And Should Be Taken Over By The U.S. military

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
In my honest opinion, the US has messed up too many countries already. Adding Mexico to the US war room map would simply escalate things. I can see this all happening with extreme hindsight (all in chrono order) -

-US sees Mexico is problematic.
-Mexico has an influx of US troops.
-Hostile drug forces escalate the conflict into a miniature war.
-War price goes up in the US and Mexico.
-US economy demands more money for military spending and thus goes into further debt.
-Murder rate in Mexico skyrockets.
-US eventually throws enough human shields at the drug forces to wipe most of them out.
-War in Mexico is declared solved.
-Minecraft gets updated majorly.
-US sends relief to Mexico.

Just my 2 cents really. Hindsight FTW.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Err....someone never heard of DARFUR...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
the usa certainly "did not" mess up france,germany,japan and south korea
edit on 20-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

There's an argument to be made that we intensified the divide between south and north korea. We may have prevented any kind of unified korea from ever coalescing. But, we weren't the only ones. There's an argument to be made that Russia/China are/were doing the same thing.

In fact, Russia was trying to get at Korea before we ever set foot there.

The world is a grand stage where we all battle for supremacy. The other big countries want to spread themselves across the world with as much vigor as we do. They have as much faith that communism is the solution to all the worlds problems. We believe capitalism is the natural impulse of all healthy souls. These invisible wars and full scale wars and small scale wars are just human nature. We desire to expand and grow our culture and do what we feel is best for the world.

Just because the US happens to be the right one doesn't change the fact that our nature is the same as the nature of those in China or Russia. We're lucky that we're right and they're wrong.

Just imagine some mice in a maze. One of them finds the correct path while the other two are lost. The one that found the right answer is the US. But they're all mice and have same nature.

Capitalism and freedom give us more energy. This means that in all manner of war we're stronger and more able. We will win only because our strategy was more resourceful. That's all.

I do not allow myself to get caught up in patriotism or nationalism. I just see humans.
edit on 20-8-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by blocula

There's an argument to be made that we intensified the divide between south and north korea. We may have prevented any kind of unified korea from ever coalescing. But, we weren't the only ones. There's an argument to be made that Russia/China are/were doing the same thing.

In fact, Russia was trying to get at Korea before we ever set foot there.
edit on 20-8-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)
thanx for your comment...yes...russia was locked in viscious battles with japan in nothern korea and outer mongolia as we were dropping the atom bombs...incredible! en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 20-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

You seem to have missed this: en.wikipedia.org...

This was due to a war of aggression by the US. Had nothing to do with Napoleon.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by tajodanny
reply to post by blocula

You seem to have missed this: en.wikipedia.org...

This was due to a war of aggression by the US. Had nothing to do with Napoleon.
[ thanx for your comment ]...every country has the blood of innocents on its collective hands and thanks for the interesting link...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Through thoughtful immigration reform, the decriminalization of marijuana, and by replacing the "war on drugs" with cost effective voluntary social programs to treat addiction as a medical disorder rather than a crime...

....the criminal gangs in Mexico would simply dissolve.

MEME:

The Mexico Cartel are no different than the Tommy Gun Bootleggers during Prohibition.

The supposed us/mexican "drug problem" and "illegal immigration problem" will never be resolved through additional violence; it will require a perceptual social revolution to make positive, meaningful, lasting change.

liberty,

Sri Oracle
The Mighty Pen

Remeber, it is all an illusion...
based largely on what you choose to call it.
Arise from Bablylon and return to the Garden.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free"
edit on 20-8-2011 by Sri Oracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
Through thoughtful immigration reform, the decriminalization of marijuana, and by replacing the "war on drugs" with cost effective voluntary social programs to treat addiction as a medical disorder rather than a crime...

....the criminal gangs in Mexico would simply dissolve.

The Mexico Cartel are no different than the Tommy Gun Bootleggers during Prohibition.

The "drug problem" will never be resolved through additional violence; it will require a perceptual social revolution to make positive, meaningful, lasting change.

liberty,

Sri Oracle
the mighty pen..

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free"
edit on 20-8-2011 by Sri Oracle because: (no reason given)
and as long as $$$ stands in the way the problem will never go away....at least the vast majority of 19th and early 20th century immigrants passed legally through ellis island and wherever else,they didnt climb a fence,dig a tunnel,bribe and sneak their way into the usa or have an anchor baby who will most likely grow up into a thug or criminal...the chain of misery remains unbroken

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

"at least the vast majority of 19th and early 20th century immigrants passed legally through ellis island and wherever else,they didnt climb a fence,dig a tunnel,bribe and sneak their way into the usa or have an anchor baby who will most likely grow up into a thug or criminal...the chain of misery remains unbroken

Right... they came by boat, changed their name when the got here, were processed in 5 hours or less, checked for reasonable health after puking 2 weeks in the hulls on open seas, and accepted regardless of their history or whether or not they were smoking flowers.

Try doing that "legally" now.

"Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of america in congress assembled that any alien, being a free whiteperson, who shal have resided within the limits and under the jurisdiction of the United States for the term of two years, may be admitted to become a citizen thereof, on application to any Common Law Court of Record, in any one of the States wherein he shall have resided for the term of one year at least, and making proof to the satisfaction of such Court, that he is a person of good character, and taking athe oath or affirmation prescribed by law to support the Constitution of the United States."

-Frederick Augustus Muhlenberg

I'm all about legal and proper entry. There is just so much bureaucratic red tape, hoops, paperwork, and requirements between an alien of good character and citizenship that the process daunts quite like a good TSA crotch fingering.

do you fly?

Sri Oracle

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I see people allways saying legalize drugs then the cartels will disappear. What kind of dream world do you people live in. If you legalize drugs the drug cartels would then be allowed to buy US politicians legally through donations. And that is the biggest problem in Mexico. The drug cartels have bought the politicians. Yes drug cartels even do hits for politicians they support. You would not have red and blue states in the US any more. It would look more like this map of Mexico.

online.wsj.com...

COLIMA, Mexico -- The candidacy of Mario Anguiano, running for governor in a state election here Sunday, says a lot about Mexican politics amid the rise of the drug cartels.

A brother of the candidate is serving a 10-year prison sentence in Mexico for peddling methamphetamine. Another Anguiano is serving 27 years in a Texas prison for running a huge meth ring. A few weeks ago, a hand-painted banner hung on a highway overpass cited the Zetas, the bloodthirsty executioners for the Gulf Cartel drug gang, praising the candidate: "The Zetas support you, and we are with you to the death."

Yes the drug cartels are so popular they even have there own magazines and news outlets. Heres one for Zeta's that was in the above article.
www.zetatijuana.com...
edit on 20-8-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

The cartels won't disappear. Just like ending prohibition didn't make the Mafia disappear. What it did was tone the violence down. Sure there were still hits carried out and yes they bought and sold politicians but they didn't have the profit motive to keep the gang wars going.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
seems no matter what the problem is that i'm reading or talking about...no matter what the subject is... it always,always goes right back to the same damn thing over and over again...$$$

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

History my friend, has taught us different. Look around you. How many countries/ethnic areas has the U.S invaded and/or destroyed?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mach5
reply to post by blocula

History my friend, has taught us different. Look around you. How many countries/ethnic areas has the U.S invaded and/or destroyed?
ask france, germany, italy, japan and south korea that question,we saved those countries from a living hell...every country has blood on its hands
edit on 21-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
looks like i'm not the only one who feels this way > www.foxnews.com...
edit on 2-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Really?

You want to stabilise Mexico?

End the war on drugs. Its the american public that makes the cartels rich to the point where they can afford to outfight/corrupt the government of the country.

In effect you are proposing sending an army of US citizens in to a country to fight a criminal organisation funded by american citizens.

Logic fail.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!
The US is not the world police!!!
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

And Rick Perry just lost a lot of supporters with his statement as well.
No. Mexico take care of your own crap.
Secure the southern border and let the Mexican people take responsibility for their own country.

We shouldn't be in the Middle East anymore, and we sure as hell don't belong in Mexico.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I am sorry but I never respond to threads like this but I just have to say it. Your OP is idiotic. I am not calling you an idiot. Just your logic. You would just invade your neighbor whom you share an agreement of peace with and call it a day? If we wanted that country we could have taken it ages ago. Mexico has it's issues like any nation but it is a sovereignty the same as ours with laws and government. By your logic every nation we step foot on should do the same thing to us. It's this mentality that has allowed our government to commit us to wars for no viable reason over the decades. Shame on you for thinking such a thing.

I know one thing for sure and that is that if SHTF tomorrow and the USA were ever some how invaded (Highly Unlikely). Mexico would be fighting by our side and have our back. Think long and hard about the short and long term implications across the board of going to war with someone right on your border. Israel and Palestine is a good example and just one of many.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by blocula

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!
The US is not the world police!!!
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

And Rick Perry just lost a lot of supporters with his statement as well.
No. Mexico take care of your own crap.
Secure the southern border and let the Mexican people take responsibility for their own country.

We shouldn't be in the Middle East anymore, and we sure as hell don't belong in Mexico.

the usa is not the worlds police???...since when??? our military has been constantly involved in conflicts large and small,all over the world,ever since we became a country!!! > en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 2-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join