It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Persecution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
From the OP one word:

"profess".

Call it that to your heart's desire. Non-christians have other and less flattering words.

While egalitarian, liberal, secular, constitutional democracies are far from perfect, I don't see any collective, parliamentary efforts of reducing christian civil rights. Only a restriction of the self-proclaimed 'privileges' christians extra-parliamentarily crave. E.g. re-introduction of christian 'values'.

Whatever happens in countries, where such democracies don't exist or are poorly developed, should rather call for more democracy, rather than more christianity.

PS Anybody here mind free speech? Both-way free speech.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

I keep hearing all this garbage about satan being the "father"
of Cain.My King James Bible says in Genesis 4:1 that Adam
knew his wife and she conceived and bare Cain.
I think someone has been listening to Sherry Shriner or Shepards'
chapel.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FrankieNinja

My answer to your statement is that if there is nothing worth dieing for, then there is nothing worth living for either. IMHO.

There are many things worth living for and dying for, religion might be worth living for some, but not all. But if you want to die for what some people wrote in a book, or some silly holy war. Then as I see it free will and all, then go right ahead and do that.

Just don't expect to end up in heaven like some nutters think, and don't expect people to follow along with that crazy idea. As it stands right now, and as I see it religion is still just more of a tool for power for the power mongers, to profit over the masses, then it actually is about what it professes in there writings.

So do as you will. And take it up with god when the time comes, after all is that not god's job, to judge and stuff. Or at least that is what I read in a book some years ago.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron
reply to post by Partygirl

Karma's a bi%&*, huh?

Khar

Well..thanks for ruining my post

A came across a related quote today also:-

edit on 17/8/2011 by NeverForget because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

How then do you reconcile that with Adam's genealogy in Chapter 5, which begins with Seth. Cain and his descendants are not listed. And what seed of Satan, does God place enmity between Eve's seed. Also, what is the purpose of Noah needing to be perfect in his generations, and the meaning of the parable of the tares. Jesus tells us that seed was planted in the world by Satan, which would grow up with the seed of the son of man. Although it is true that other fallen angels planted seed when they took wives unto themselves, none of these are named as Satan. Satan could have no seed were it not planted in the Garden of Eden. Jesus also accuses many of having Satan as their father. How could this be, had he also not planted seed at some point. At what point do you say that Satan planted seed?
I had trouble believing this myself, before I studied the entire Bible a great deal, but have come to realize that it is the only thing that makes sense. If you can show me another instance where Satan planted seed in women, I will consider it, research it and accept or deny it based on what I find. For now, I am convinced that Cain was the seed of Satan.
The true persecution of (true) Christians, referred to during end-times has not begun. Many are persecuted world-wide, but this is nothing in comparison to what will come. True Christians have an in-dwelling humility that places the needs of others above their own needs. You will not find this in the power-mongers, and war-mongers who rule this world. Some claim to be Christians, and as such their actions in the world confuse would-be Christians, and keep them from following Christ. This has been the plan from day one. Satan is indeed the most subtle beast on earth. If you want to know who the real Christians are, you will know them by their works.
Evil "fruit" comes from evil "trees", which in turn come from evil "seed". Just ask Monsanto, they'll clear that up for you...

Something else I thought that I should add is this: Regardless of what you, me or anyone else believe about Cain, this will not keep us from being Christians, and following Christ. Christ saves those who are changed by the indwelling Spirit. The presence of this Spirit is proof of salvation.
edit on 8/18/2011 by visualmiscreant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
No different than always... which is Christians fighting each other.. thus far everyone else has managed to stay out of it and that covers the last 1600 years really..

Oh and this is the Godless part of England
that is according the office of national statistics

edit on 18/8/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join