It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Persecution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
(Rev 12:11)

My brothers and sisters in Christ,

Some will call me paranoid but I see an alarming increase in anti-Christian bias in both real world and the Internet.

It has never been easy to to profess one's faith openly and proudly (at least not in my lifetime...) but it is becoming harder than ever. The attacks are growing more bitter, more brutal.

As Christians, we are saved by being washed in the Blood and by word of our testimony (rooted in faith). Faith and tesimony are the defining factors of a true Christian. Should we be suprised in these dark times that they make one the object of persecution?

In the days ahead we be willing to lay down our lives for Christ, if called to, and we must be firm in our faith and testimony. This will be what defines a Christian in the coming horror. Our willingness to quietly serve without budging an inch...even unto death.

Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. (Heb 10:35)

I would like to hear from other Christians on ATS to see if you think there has really been a dramatic rise in persecution. Or am I being paranoid and self-pitying? And if you do think so, how are you preparing, psychologically and spiritually?

Lest one think I'm whining unnecssarily, consider some news from around the world. And please pray for our brothers and sisters who are risking their lives to testify for Christ.

This Month in Muslim Persecution of Christians: July:
www.meforum.org...

Girl in Uganda Loses Use of Legs after Leaving Islam for Christ:
www.compassdirect.org...

Rising Restrictions on Religion:
pewresearch.org...

Many of Pakistan’s Christian Flood Victims Still Homeless:
www.compassdirect.org...

Christian villiage attacked:
www.aina.org...
edit on 16-8-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Karma's a bi%&*, huh?

Khar

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I am a Christian. I am equally concerned with what I see as an increase in Christians persecuting (verbally or otherwise) others.

Can't we all just get along?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
You are just paranoid. If you had said Muslims or Jews, then yes your claims would be true.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Hello PartyGirl, and may Peace be upon you.

Please do not become disillusioned... any persecutions you may speak of are also happening to Buddhists in Tibet, Burma, and southern Thailand. Muslims are being persecuted in Xinjiang China and Israel. Jews are being attacked all around the world. Non-believers and atheists are being oppressed and murdered for no other reasons than inhumanity.

Please take off your 'Christian versus them' mentality and see that tyranny and injustice is happening everyday to all peoples from all walks of life.

There is no Christian persecution, there is only inhumane treatment towards our fellow humans from our fellow humans.

Do you see this, or is only the blood of Christians worth tears?

We need to tear down all walls of separation and stand united as one humanity under Love and Compassion. Do you want to help, or am I no brother to you being a non-Christian?

Peace.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Oh the poor 1 million or so Christians persecuted and bombed by those evil Muslims nations over the last 10 years...err..hold up..think thats reversed..it's been the evil Christian nations bombing and killing over a million Muslims in their countries over the last decade..big whining Christian babies..

Do you Christians ever open a book besides the bible?
edit on 16-8-2011 by Stovokor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Today, I was reading a magazine called Pentacostal Evangel; I believe it was the Jan 2011 edition which was about childrens' ministries worldwide and the success they were having. There was however, an article of a ministry/church in India, whose pastor was of African decent from the times of the Indian Tea Slaves, although he had never been a slave himself. Actually, I'm not familiar with this era, so I can't expand on it.
The church was entered by several religious extremists who dragged him outside of the church and beat him severely for a half hour in front of his congregation. According to the article, pastors and ministers in this area and others, face this type of persecution as a regular part of their daily lives. Sometimes their families are persecuted as well. The writer of the article asked that fellow Christians continue to pray for the safety of these pastors, ministers and their families.

Online, the verbal persecution is rough sometimes, but is nothing compared to the physical persecution these brave Christians face in the world. Jesus told us we would be persecuted even as he was persecuted himself, so this is to be expected, and at some point will probably increase.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I'm gonna leave you with one example, because I know you're not interestest, but trust me I could give you hundreds.

Damon Fowler
Another link

People, everywhere, are always persecuted by those with different religious believes, skin colors, political ideologies, ect. And historically, the christians have been the persecutors almost all the time, not the persecuted.

~
Here's one more example, I'll leave with you.

Holocaust

Christians in no way are martyrs of persecution.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Paranoid, yes. The attacks are growing more bitter, more brutal. Yes but clearly not in the direction you are blinded by. Self-pitying and whining unnecessarily, yep, you nailed it right there yourself.

Indeed, as has been questioned here, do you read anything other than the bible.

You and your ilk just don't see it and you never will, the truth that is, and that's the reason we probably don't have a future as a species.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Stovokor

The U.S. is not a Christian country as it would have most believe. It is a mask they wear to hide from themselves. Just as Jesus said there were those who said they were Jews, but were not, there are many who say they are Christians and are not. There are however many Christians in the U.S.

The Bible speaks from the very beginning of the difference in the two lines of humans on this earth. Cain and Abel were twins; Cain being born from Eve's union with Satan, and Abel from her union with Adam. This is why they both gave their first offering at the same time. The reason that Cain's genealogy wasn't listed in the "begats", is also because of this; he was not Adam's son, and had no part in Adam's genealogy. Genealogy was important because Christ had to be born from Adam's line, so after the death of Abel, the first listed was Seth, who was Adam's second son. Bloodlines began to intermix eventually, and this is referred to as "fornication", which means the union of two things which do not belong. Noah however was found to be perfect in his generations, so God spared him and his family so that the line would not be broken to Christ. Shem's wife was descendant of Cain's line however, but was spared because God spared representatives of all flesh.
Jesus tells us about this in the parable about the tares, where he explains to the disciples that there are two types of seed planted in the field (world). The wheat was sown by the son of man, and the tares were sown by Satan. Many people fail to understand this parable, but without it's understanding, the Bible seems to contradict itself in many places.
Those who are the seed of Satan will deceive, and say they are of Christ, but are not, for they are of their father the Devil. Intensive study of the Bible will reveal this to any one who takes the time, and it is important to understand this during end times...
edit on 8/16/2011 by visualmiscreant because: grammar

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by visualmiscreant
reply to post by Stovokor

The U.S. is not a Christian country as it would have most believe. It is a mask they wear to hide from themselves. Just as Jesus said there were those who said they were Jews, but were not, there are many who say they are Christians and are not. There are however many Christians in the U.S.

You have it backwards. The U.S. is not a Christan country. It's not a mask though, it's Christians declaring it is as a shrewd way of trying to gain advantage and bypass equal rights. The U.S. as a country isn't pretending to be a Christian one, it's the christians in it being dishonest or deluded.

The rest of your post, to put softly, is irrelevant and ramble. If you want to go into your worries about the 'end times' or personal interpretations of the bible, Click the New Thread* button. Even in a thread as wrong as this, I am still against derailing.
edit on 16-8-2011 by xxsomexpersonxx because: *

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Oh no, people make fun of the book of silly stories that many Christians push as fact.

If you believe it, why can't you defend yourself and your belief in Christianity? You gotta stand up for what you believe in, don't say you're concerned about more and more people realizing how illogical religion is, why don't you explain your side and tell them why you're a Christian?

Atheists can defend their point of view with logic and reason, I'm, uh, sure that Christians can do the same.

Look on the bright side, this grueling "Christian Persecution" that you guys are painstakingly enduring has nothing on the persecutions that Christians were dishing out back in the day, such as the Crusades. Sure, Atheists might make fun of the unrealistic stories in the Bible or criticize the flaws in religion, but at least we're not forming groups and moving across the country, stabbing you and all others like you to death for not thinking like us.

edit on 16-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The west knows almost nothing about the persecution suffered by christians in muslim countries.

It is important to understand how Islam operates because it will effect eveyone in the not too distant future. I have embedded the following videos in order of priority. I encourage everyone to watch these and then do their own research into these matters themselves.

edit on 16-8-2011 by XplanetX because: Double post of video

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The OP screams "Christian Persecution" but fails to mention how many innocents were put to the sword, tortured to death, and burned at the stake for not being a Christian. Whole cultures were wiped out in the Christian blood lust, and not it has transferred into the Muslim world. Clean off your own back porch before calling persecution.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
The OP screams "Christian Persecution" but fails to mention how many innocents were put to the sword, tortured to death, and burned at the stake for not being a Christian. Whole cultures were wiped out in the Christian blood lust, and not it has transferred into the Muslim world. Clean off your own back porch before calling persecution.

Please feel free to start your own thread about those things.

This is about Christian persecution.

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. (Rev 12:11)

"Without wood a fire goes out; without gossip a quarrel dies down. Proverbs 26:20"

All those who claim to know all of heavens will and eternity will be broken on its shore.

Even the bible says as much.

"However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows.

Sound familiar.

It has never been easy to to profess one's faith openly and proudly (at least not in my lifetime...) but it is becoming harder than ever. The attacks are growing more bitter, more brutal.

Christianity like all faith's and religions that get taken to far have much to answer for. And personally I think you all should pay, but fortunately another had a better idea. So you all need to take a chill pill.

As Christians, we are saved by being washed in the Blood and by word of our testimony (rooted in faith). Faith and tesimony are the defining factors of a true Christian. Should we be suprised in these dark times that they make one the object of persecution?

Can you name which one, is it faith or testimony.

I will ques faith, if so your wrong most people don't care and are just trying to live day to day without losing there heads in all that is going on.

In the days ahead we be willing to lay down our lives for Christ, if called to, and we must be firm in our faith and testimony. This will be what defines a Christian in the coming horror. Our willingness to quietly serve without budging an inch...even unto death.

I don't think Jesus required anybody lay down there life's for anything, if anything is that not what all christian are going on about. Him doing what all of you could not, so that you don't have to.

Really partygirl for such a smart girl, you can be a very how should I put it...a not very smart girl. And I think you need to lay off the crazy interpretations that some have of the bible.

If anything it sounds like another blood sacrifice to whatever god they worship, most likely Molekh. What next you going to be screaming ala akbar, or whatever the christian equivalent of crazy is, and do some stupid # for some stupid reasons.

Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. (Heb 10:35)

All those who hang on to there confidence hoping for some reward, are looking to be paid.

So how much should I put in the hat to get me to heaven?

I would like to hear from other Christians on ATS to see if you think there has really been a dramatic rise in persecution. Or am I being paranoid and self-pitying? And if you do think so, how are you preparing, psychologically and spiritually?

I am a sort of christian does that count? I believe in god, but I also don't believe in god, really I don't see what it the problem with believing in something and not believing in it all at the same time.

What I think is happening is that you going through some sort of change or time in your life were you have to question your fate. And usually because of outside influences or daily life is forcing you to question it all.

I think everybody goes trough there own little Apocalypse, and one of the meanings of apocalypse is a revelation.

rev·e·la·tion/ˌrevəˈlāSHən/Noun
1. A surprising and previously unknown fact, esp. one made in a dramatic way.
2. The making known of a secret or the unknown.

So something has been revealed to you and most likely it is personal, and probably in a dramatic way.

Usually such things are pretty much like that, and basically the only person who can find or do anything about it is you.

Lest one think I'm whining unnecssarily, consider some news from around the world. And please pray for our brothers and sisters who are risking their lives to testify for Christ

Here is a question did Christ anywhere in the bible tell you to risk your life or others life's for him? Because I cant think of one, but I am not a bible person so maybe you would know.

Really what I think is that no religion is worth even sweating over, much less loosing your legs or life over. I really think you all need to reevaluate the whole thing you got going on.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
Please feel free to start your own thread about those things.

This is about Christian persecution.

Thanks!

Judging Christian persecution by comparing it persecution by others, and comparing it to persecution done by christians, is relevant. Leaving out things to compare something to, because they shine the situation in a different light, is willfully distorting reality.

~
If I made a thread labeled "Murder is always a good thing", and I labeled any examples of murder doing bad, or any explanations for why it's bad, off topic, that would not be a fair an objective topic. Telling others to make their own threads, because mine isn't about examples of murder being bad, would not make the topic any fairer. And I'd be ridiculous to act like I was right in my topic, simply because my rules didn't permit anyone to say I was wrong.

Without accusing you, I'll say that most people who label opposing ideas off topic, don't want any discussion in the first place. They just want their own idea on the topic praised and elevated, with no constructive criticism. ATS is not meant to be an ego show like that.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I must agree with you that anti-Christian behavior is on the rise. Dramatically so. That said, I do not fear, nor do I bow. To me, it is just a reminder that His Word is truth.

I don't go to church anymore. I am also gay. AND HIV+. I don't go around preaching the gospel with my mouth. Nor am I perfect or even good. But I DO believe in Jesus THE Christ. And guess what? I don;t and won't say the things I say or do for it would be vanity. Yet, anyone that knows me, knows my heart. It is living proof and testimony to who all honor, glory and praise go to. For if it were not for Him, I would not be.

I am not rich, but I have enough
I do not own a house, but i have a roof over my head.
I do not have stocks of food in the pantry, but I have yet to go hungry.
I rarely have enough for myself, but there is plenty to go around
I do not work but all my needs are met.

What was and continues to be given to me, that I continue to give freely. Often it hurts. But it's not me they are hurting.
I am not supposed to exist. But here I am.

Hated by the right for being gay
Hated by the left for believing and loving Jesus THE Christ.
Outcast by society because I have AIDS, yet, I willingly donated my body to science to find a cure.

I used to think I hated certain people. Turned out it was anger and not hatred. When I learned to truly forgive them, I overcame the anger within and began to feel a peace in my spirit.

No, I don't have to go into details. I am alive. And I help the lives of those that I am fortunate to come to know.

I am already 44 years old. I have lived, more than most, loved... three times and laughed more than I deserve. I am OK with it all ending today. But until it does, I will keep being who I am and doing what I do because that is what is in me.

So... is persecution of Christians on the upswing? YES. and WILL get much worse as the days give birth to weeks and months and years.

IF there really is a Supreme God, I'm OK with that because I know in whom I believe and if there is not, then, it won't make a lick of difference anyway so I may as well try to enjoy what is left of my life before going into the great nothingness.

Thanks for allowing me this chance to express my beliefs.
edit on 8/17/2011 by FrankieNinja because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/17/2011 by FrankieNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

Here is a question did Christ anywhere in the bible tell you to risk your life or others life's for him? Because I cant think of one, but I am not a bible person so maybe you would know.

Really what I think is that no religion is worth even sweating over, much less loosing your legs or life over. I really think you all need to reevaluate the whole thing you got going on.

My answer to your statement is that if there is nothing worth dieing for, then there is nothing worth living for either. IMHO.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Those put to death in the name of "Christianity" were put to death by murderers and not Christians. The name has been used by many to expand their control over others, or to push their agenda, but was used falsely. Nowhere in the New Testament does Christ advocate murder. True Christians will follow the teachings of Christ (they will be known by their works). To call murderers Christians is to play into the lie these people use.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join