It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War, it's a diabolical scam folks. For the love of God, stop falling for it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
"All war is based on deception." -- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

We are so easily led - "None so blind as them that see"

"Military men are dumb stupid animals to be used as pawns for foriegn policy." - Henry Kissinger

We are the ones we have been waiting for, it's time to stop this madness and start participating in non compliance en mass.

IMHO - 99% of the worlds population want nothing to do with war.
What is it good for?

Not sure if these have been posted before but they help to illustrate my message, the same message we all need to commit ourselves to in order to leave anything of worth for future generations.

STOP KILLING OUR FELLOW HUMAN BEINGS -
Is it possible?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
And your response to Hitler would have ben..... What?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Stop all wars...stop killing our fellow man....wouldn't that be wonderful.....but unfortunately...it's not going to happen.

There is a lot of evil in this world and evil people.....they are into money, power and greed...war is big business and big bucks.

Unfortunately many of our good men and women are fighting for the right reasons in their hearts...to protect and serve their country....they are true patriots....however....the hidden agendas of TPTB who are really the creators of war and killling.....they really don't care about all those good men and women....all the good people at home ....like you and me....they just want to amass more and more monetary wealth, possessions and power.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Indeed it is a scam, under an illusion it helps and creates money, just brings forth new war technology.
This time the recession can not be solved by war. Some even say that it didn't help WWII either...

Religion wise, the war seems unending.
edit on 16-8-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbarnhart

I think maybe the OP is trying to get at none of us participating..."We're not fighting Adolf, but here's a gun and some ammo, just keep walking down this road and you'll get to Poland, Good luck!"

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I don't think people "fall" for it.

People fight for "freedom".

Freedom is solely based on your economic state.

Those with money send the poor for their continued freedom to easily make more money.

Those without money join the military for education, citizenship, benefits and in some cases to see a world they themselves will never be able to afford seeing.

We need to stop "falling" for modern money mechanics, global banking cartels and the fairy tale of currency.

Value is found in the natural, not in the man-made.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

But I thought we were going to wars to liberate and save civilian lives lol

Ohh the irony.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I feel this is a nice addition to your collection.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The top military minds in the USA are graduates of the military academies. Did you know there is an organization of service academy graduates against the war? www.sagaw.org. These intelligent men and women have carefully shown that the wars are, among other things, illegal.

I suggest you listen to them.
edit on 8/16/2011 by Jim Scott because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The op has stated in his piece, that all war is a scam of one form or another. This may or may not be true, but it does lead to interesting questions as to when would the use of deadly arms in a conflict be acceptable?
The nature of war it one of violence. People die, both combatants and innocent alike. Armed forces are trained to kill, as that is the nature of their job, and countries ask them to do such. No soldier want to go to war, no country ever wants to declare and march on another country, but there are times when talk grows thin and the time for necessary action is essential to prevent a far greater tragedy from occurring.
While the legality of war is often debated, it is always legal in the first person, our war, my war, it is only illegal in the third person, their war. But can it be justified, the answer is yes, it can be justified if the cause is just and there is sufficient reason for such. The American Revolution is one case, where the colonies were justified to launch and wage a war against the mother country in a fight for freedom. The Civil war was fought at first to preserve the country and later to free the slaves. World War I, well that was a family feud, as the major participants were all related by either marriage or blood, and one country started by being aggressive towards it neighbors. World War II was a result of the first world war, when one dictator decided to determine to play god, and determine who would live and who would die under his idea of what was perfect in his eyes, marching and killing with out compassion or mercy.
Wars take on different aspects and faces, even the peaceful revolution that Gandhi and MLK did, those were a kind of warfare, and were those a scam or unjustified, one to free a country from imperial power and the other to secure equal rights for a people treated like second class citizens? Both were clear cut in their goals and sought to right the wrongs that had occurred to a people who were simply born in a time to be either of a different skin color, and oppressed.
Ultimately war will never go away, as long as there is human nature, as humans are very aggressive in their very own being. Wars have occurred over the ages, long before many of us were born, and will be around long after many of use are long dead.
There is an old saying by Vegetius: "Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Translated: If you want Peace, prepare for War.
That statement has a far greater meaning than many would think of, and that is that a country should always be prepared for war, to make the incentive of peace be every present, and preferable.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

"as humans are very aggressive in their very own being."

I'm not buying that for one millisecond! At least not in some sweeping generalization that makes us all look like potential killers. We would get along very well if it wasn't for the mutant male alpha humans that fit within the parameters of your statement who seem to rise faster than helium into positions of power! The majority of your "Very aggressive humans" live in thriving communities and have over time learned to accept other cultures, ideas and if left alone without the constant feed of agenda from the mutant male alpha humans would coexist nicely. The values of the system we have chosen as nations, groups, societies etc to lead us home are corrupt. I'll give you we're aggressive as it goes without saying but to tie that in to a notion that it, by default, leads us to kill just doesn't sit right.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
in every war there is the idea of out doing the other guy , that is called an arms race, who can kill the most with out the loss of your own. First it was with clubs then rocks on sticks, then a sword, that lasted till the bow and arrow, then came the use of powder, cannons and guns. Then the war to end all wars was when man kind went insane, chem use, air craft, some might say bio was used just like it is said that in the middle ages dead cows flung over the wall and put in wells, this might explain the 1918 pandemic, but there is no real proof. Tanks were invented, and other toys for the use of killing one an other more efficiently, and then how to best use these new toys when the war ended. Then in 1939 the box of Pandora was opened and the lid has long since been lost, then not in ten years time,the term's nuke, bio,missile, weapons of mass destruction were used.
The war machine will always be around, be the driving force behind the scenes, it will fund black ops, X projects, all in the name of freedom and peace keeping.
This will not end till man does not will not kill any more, that is a hope and a dream that we all should dare stride to do.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I call it paranoia now. Who has the most advanced weaponry. Of course we know the Cold War never ended.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

i can name three woman that have been more blood thirsty than man, here they are not in order Joan of arc www.distinguishedwomen.com... and then we have, Boudicca, she was the queen of the Iceni in Britain. For several months during A.D. 60-61 she led the Iceni in revolt against the Romans you can get more info on her here ancienthistory.about.com... as well as this queen

Artemisia, queen of Herodotus' homeland of Halicarnassus, gained renown for her brave, manly actions in the Greco-Persian Wars' Battle of Salamis. Artemisia was a member of the Persian Great King Xerxes' multi-national invading force.
and they say man is blood thirsty.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

But it is a fact, not just a concept that was pulled out of the air. Are you just content to live as you are, you want nothing better for yourself? Are you a vegetarian or do you eat meat? You would not want to be the boss, or get that nice new and latest technological wonder? Are you just so content that you would not even try to better yourself and reach the next level? Are you content to exist or are you like every one else, wanting to get something better to make that existence better? Hence is the warrior within us all.

Not one person who walks on this earth is so peaceful, that they are happy to just be as they are, rather they struggle and claw to get someplace better, to be better, to even eat and survive. It is with in our natures, and thus there will always be a point for the potential for war. Now there are a few that are wise enough to suppress those drives. We all think about such, and for the majority of us, we suppress it, but it is there, our forefathers and their forefathers had it.

You would call an person, that has the traits of an alpha, a mutant, yet it is that very drive, that makes someone try to be the best at what they do, competing to get to the top. That too is with our very nature, you can not stop it, nor deny what exists with in us all.

We can not sit and just remain passive, and do nothing. Even Gandhi, a man of peace, who advocated non violence, used that to wage a war against the British empire, and freed a nation. While he may not have had people use weapons, he did however, demand that people use non violent means to resist to achieve a goal. Martin Luther King Jr, he was the same way, use non violence as a weapon, but wage a war using those techniques.

Wars and battles are not always deadly, but they are fought.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse

I think maybe the OP is trying to get at none of us participating..."We're not fighting Adolf, but here's a gun and some ammo, just keep walking down this road and you'll get to Poland, Good luck!"

It's hard to tell, though, because you have to sit through all those videos and HOPE you got the point they were trying to make. And the problem with the videos is that they're shallow. People did try to stop wars, and they're still trying to stop them (a lot of us protested Bush's actions, if you remember... I was one of the folks out on the street corners in Seattle.)

But I don't think videos are going to bring about peace. John Lennon thought music could bring about peace, and he was sadly wrong about that.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

edit on 17-8-2011 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer

Originally posted by minkmouse

It's hard to tell, though, because you have to sit through all those videos and HOPE you got the point they were trying to make. And the problem with the videos is that they're shallow. People did try to stop wars, and they're still trying to stop them (a lot of us protested Bush's actions, if you remember... I was one of the folks out on the street corners in Seattle.)

But I don't think videos are going to bring about peace. John Lennon thought music could bring about peace, and he was sadly wrong about that.

I agree, although I wish love could solve these problems, but the real world is not a fairy tale and at the end of this, everybody is not going to learn an important lesson and apply it to their future lives, we're all just going to be murdered in cold blood, for profit. Remember my name when you day comes, and until then, resist!

new topics

top topics

join