It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New technology could allow cars to never refuel again

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Excellent post. S&F!

Now. I think that with a good marketing bod, get a couple of big venture capitalists on board and this could be a gold mine. The technology could be transfered to all sorts of vehicles eventually. The ramifications are endless.

You did make me laugh a but though when you added at the end, almost as a throw away coment, Oh, its s bit radioactive though, but nothing to worry about!!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

The technology could be transfered to all sorts of vehicles eventually. The ramifications are endless.

There is no technology behind this. Cadillac hired a third party to do a PR campaign with a non-existent, unrealistic concept car... and a scammer capitalized off the press and created a company out of the idea.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I'm simply shocked at the number of posters on this thread giving this "scam" the thumbs up simply even though it's been explained that by itself, thorium is NOT a fissionable substance.
What is wrong with you people? The concept of using a laser on a minute quantity of thorium to extract large amounts of useable energy is simply ... FLAWED ... FLAWED ... FLAWED

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The other part of this problem is that (take it from someone who knows a good bit about lasers) lasers and dirt just don't mix. Add to that other things like vibration and any kind of harsh moves like hitting a big pot hole and that would put the kibosh on any kind of fuel that needed to be consistently sparked or ignited by a laser in a moving vehicle. If you hit a bump your car's CD player might skip but your gas or diesel engine just keeps right on running... one huge reason why such fossil-fueled engines are the mainstay is that if nothing else they are rugged and dependable.

Someone mentioned DARPA. The military is currently dumping billions of dollars into directed energy weapon research and one of the big problems they are having is trying to get a high-powered laser to operate in such a challenging environment (like in a vehicle on a dusty battlefield). If that kind of money and research can't get the job done then I can't imagine that any such thing would work out in a product that is affordable for many people, like the average car or truck. This is worse than the laser spark plug (which would be for an ordinary gas engine, where ordinary spark plugs can get pretty filthy but are still easier to clean or replace than any kind of nice focusing optics that a laser capable of igniting something would use) idea - just goes to show how ignorant many people are of how lasers work.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Hell with a car, how about a nice power plant for the home or large scale power plants if it really works?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

use a Cyclone engine,schoel cycle

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
will have to refill the water eventually so basically you would still be needing to refuel the car.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
There is already a Car in production and being sold that with a few miner mods would NEVER need fuel.
and the car its self starts at 8k and the tricked out model is 15k and the mods needed would cost ((APX 2k.
Then just drive it till it brakes down No changing oil No gas stations No plugs needed.
And It not a youtube video lolol

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DivineIntervention
I can guarantee you this will never see the light of day because of one thing...OIL. The oil companies want their money. They have a huge influence in Washington and all across the world. It's because of this greed that the human race is being held back. We have technology that we could not even imagine, that is being held back because of money. It's completely selfish.

The oil companies are in the perfect position to switch from oil prospecting, drilling and refining, to Thorium prospecting, mining and refining. They keep their monopolies, infrastructure (with minor alterations) and employee base. We all win.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Schrecken Licht

There's no way DARPA can figure a method to make a totally enclosed high power laser?

Surely you jest?

It's simplicity itself. A sealed laser housing...enclosed focusing lens arrangement...surrounded by Liquid N cooling coils...with a revolving, motorised multi faced, non focusing dust / debris shield, which drives through a cleaning area as it cycles around.

And they've spent billions on struggling with this? Sure they have...the money is being funnelled elsewhere i'd guess.

They can have my idea for a few million, i'm not greedy.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier
There is already a Car in production and being sold that with a few miner mods would NEVER need fuel.
and the car its self starts at 8k and the tricked out model is 15k and the mods needed would cost ((APX 2k.
Then just drive it till it brakes down No changing oil No gas stations No plugs needed.
And It not a youtube video lolol

Could you elaborate on this a bit please mate?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join