It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS should focus more on 3rd party candidates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I understant quite a few on ATS love Ron Paul. Back in 2008 when he was breath of fresh air I did too. However, as ATS's motto is "Deny Ignorance" I would like ATS to take a strong look at third party candidates. I strongly encourage everyone to support Lee Wrights from the Libertarian Party is Paul fails. The Libertarian Party will have ballot access in all 50 states, ensuring no "wasted votes."

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

I think a lot of people are considering many other candidates besides Ron Paul.....I know I am.....I listen, read, consider the person......and then by election day....I usually know.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

DOUBLE POST BY ACCIDENT....SORRY!
edit on 16-8-2011 by caladonea because: double post...sorry

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
are you crazy? revolt and set up your own government

when will you ever, ever, EVER learn?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FSBlueApocalypse
I understant quite a few on ATS love Ron Paul. Back in 2008 when he was breath of fresh air I did too. However, as ATS's motto is "Deny Ignorance" I would like ATS to take a strong look at third party candidates. I strongly encourage everyone to support Lee Wrights from the Libertarian Party is Paul fails. The Libertarian Party will have ballot access in all 50 states, ensuring no "wasted votes."

Ron Paul is a republican, he is not 3rd party. Technically he claims to be independent..sometimes... but its because he feels he hasnt been properly recognized by republicans for being republican enough while claiming he is more republican than they are.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Maybe you should focus on teaching us what Lee Wrights views are.

And Ron Paul is kind of a third party in a way.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Maybe you should focus on teaching us what Lee Wrights views are.

And Ron Paul is kind of a third party in a way.

in what way? he seemed to think back in '08 he was as republican if not more republican than the republicans. Seems more like a 2nd chance to get a republican in control.
edit on 16-8-2011 by sgreco because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Paul is a Libertarian who runs on the Republican Ticket. He has never gotten beyond single digit support and likely never will. He knows that himself. He is running to get his message out, same as the official Libertarian Candidate does. Neither is under any illusion they will win. (Don't shoot the messenger here
)

People have been confusing the Straw Polls with how much support a person has. Voter illiteracy is a huge part of the problem also. Ron Paul's support is still in single digits.

I'm all for all of them having a voice and coverage though. It gets the new ideas out there.

new topics

top topics

join