It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: CIA Working with Mexican Drug Cartels

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Reports: CIA Working with Mexican Drug Cartels

www.thenewamerican.c om

Citing an unnamed CIA source, a Washington Times article theorizes that U.S. officials were actively aiding organizations such as the Sinaloa cartel with guns and immunity in an effort to stymie Los Zetas. That’s because, according to the piece, the powerful and brutal criminal Zetas syndicate has the potential to overthrow the government of Mexico — and might be planning to do so.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This is a very eye-opening article and it deserves a lot of attention by everyone.

The article claims the US is worried that the Los Zetas gang will disrupt the 2012 Mexican elections and stage a coup d' etat. The US needs Mexico, a poor civil-war-torn nation with a huge popualtion, to remain at least somewhat stable, thereby avoiding anarchy on the already-troubled southern border.

The article claims:

Jesus Vicente “El Vicentillo” Zambada-Niebla, claimed that he had an agreement with top American officials. In exchange for information on rival cartels, the deal supposedly gave him and his associates immunity to import multi-ton quantities of drugs across the border.

That's a pretty staggering claim, but the article isn't finished yet:

]But there might be even more to the story than this. Other former U.S. agents have claimed that Los Zetas is controlled and abetted by the American government, too. “There's warehouses down here [in Texas] where they're training more Zetas individuals that work for the cartels,” former DEA operative and whistleblower Celerino Castillo said

Does the CIA (and/or other government agencies) have its hands deep in the dirt, involved with narcotics and wrangling on both sides of a brutal gang war?

Do you even have to ask?

www.thenewamerican.c om
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I would be very surprised if they weren't trying to influence something down there. Can you imagine Mexico in chaos and civil war and how that may spread across the border in some way.

I'm not that familiar with the Mexican political situation so I suppose I should read up on that. I thought they were fairly stable.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl

Does the CIA (and/or other government agencies) have its hands deep in the dirt, involved with narcotics and wrangling on both sides of a brutal gang war?

Do you even have to ask?

CIA involved in the drug wars? Been going on since Vietnam...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This is a classic case of the right hand saying we are fighting terrorism while the left hand aids the same terrorists we are fighting. They may not be the same type of terrorists everyone is used to hearing about, but they are terrorists nonetheless, as they have inadvertently killed so many more people in the US than Islamic terrorists.

But no one will have to answer for this. No one will be prosecuted. They will claim "National Security," and it will all just go away. I wish that I were wrong. I hope that I am, but history repeats itself. I wonder what else they're doing that we don't even know about.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Does anyone remember Noreiga, Saddam, Pinochet, etc? The IMF receives 80% of their funding from the American government; or at least from influential business elite with connections in the American government. That money goes where? Humanitarian causes? Or nation building and corporate greed? Who enforces the policies for those inluential business elite doing the nation building and rewarding corporate greed? People like Noriega, Saddam, Pinochet, etc! Organizations like Xe, Blackwater, Dynacorp, and Bechtel are not much different from the Los Zetos of Mexico. Thier jobs are the same. To enforce and protect the money making foreign natural resources that the influential business elite command. Recent underground news releases have shown that the American government, the government the American people did not elect nor do they condone, has been funding and supplying firearms/ammunition for the Los Zetos. Hell, the Los Zetas were even trained by America's best warriors. Only to now turn against their masters because they too are greedy; fatally greedy.
Were the Los Zetos ambitious enough to try and take over Mexico? I doubt it. The Mexican people are proud and fierce. History tells us that they will take crap for just so long before they decide enough is enough. You think the Viet Cong were tough and resilient. Try taking Mexico away from its people. No, truth be told, the Los Zetos were working for those same inluential business elite that want to enslave the people-on both sides of the Mexican/American border. The IMF robbed foreign nations; now they are coming to an American state near you. Ever wonder why every American state is running in the red. I wonder if there are American-style Los Zetos being trained right now?
Read: Confessions of an Economic Hitman by John Perkins

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I am not really surprised. Wherever the US wants destabilization, the CIA is there to assist.
Looks like my animosity towards the US government shall live on for at least 4 more years.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
I would be very surprised if they weren't trying to influence something down there. Can you imagine Mexico in chaos and civil war and how that may spread across the border in some way.

I'm not that familiar with the Mexican political situation so I suppose I should read up on that. I thought they were fairly stable.

Fairly stable besides the fact that their country and government's ran by drug cartels?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Yea, didn't there used to be volumes of these alegations in High Times Magazine? The CIA is somehow responsible for every back door scheme the people have opened up.

Makes me think, maybe every enemy of this country is backed by the CIA. But wouldn't that make the CIA the supreme enemy?

If the CIA were shut down would all wars just stop? Oh wait, no war, no prosperity... nevermind. They're good guys.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Stability? No my friend.

Mexico has been in an extremely bloody civil war that has devastated the population with murders, massacres and threatened the overthrow of the Mexican government for years. Here are two sources that will bring you up to date:

www.borderlandbeat.com...

projects.latimes.com...#/its-a-war

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Imagine? You mean this isn't what Mexico looks like in civil war and chaos now?

Casualties of Mexico's Civil Drug Wars

I think the chaos comes in when cities can't keep a police chief without having him kidnapped and murdered and entire military units or police departments quite en mass and just go home rather than continue the fight. Securing our border as well as we can physically manage is my best suggestion at this point. The border states might even thank Obama if it were to happen...
edit on 16-8-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackStar99

Fairly stable besides the fact that their country and government's ran by drug cartels?

Hey! Don´t believe everything you read in bad sources! Drug cartels are a big problem in a big part of my country, but the country itself is not run by them, not anymore than yours anyway.

Yes, we are fairly stable, with problems, of course, and the sad reality of the drug cartels, but actually very stable despite of it.

No, we are not in civil war. ¿why u.s. people tend to believe that every country south your border is at civil war, or ready to be at? Sorry about the generalization, but, well...

And I guess I told this in a post a long ago, and some people were like "another u.s. hater", but, you know, the world looks different from outside your country. (ok, maybe it was another forum, not really sure, but the point remains).

Do you really have to open another thread about why people outside u.s.a. dont like u.s.a.? (goverment and policies) C´mon.....

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobaganoosh
Yea, didn't there used to be volumes of these alegations in High Times Magazine? The CIA is somehow responsible for every back door scheme the people have opened up.

Makes me think, maybe every enemy of this country is backed by the CIA. But wouldn't that make the CIA the supreme enemy?

If the CIA were shut down would all wars just stop? Oh wait, no war, no prosperity... nevermind. They're good guys.

It's not really that far fetched considering, by making a harmless plant that grows in the dirt illegal they finance drug cartels $billions every year. We go and bomb countries in the Middle East in the name of "democracy" but the brutality that goes on right to the south of us is completely ignored. Let's not forget how this directly effects our economy as many Mexicans have almost no other choice than to flee because of violence but mainly because their economies been destroyed by these cartels

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyS

Yeah didn't the CIA run drugs a while back and get called out for it? Weren't they supplying the coc aine/crack that the government would turn around and arrest people for?

It's the perfect plan, you sell them drugs and profit from it, then arrest and jail them for using/possessing that which you provided.
edit on 16-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

That's a big duh, and mexico needs to get there # in order or eventually they will spire down into chaos. And I ain't talking about what is going on now, I mean real chaos.

This writing has been on the wall for so long that there is literally nothing more to say on it that has not been said before thousands of times.

But I will say something i guess...........Duh. If they wanted to they could stop this and most likely real quick, but they don't because all sides are part of a link, and that link is gold, and the whole thing is all big money, and all sides including the drug czars in the us and the drug czars in mexico and all over the world are profiting from it.

Illegal drugs are a multi billion dollar a year industry. Everybody knows this its not even hidden knowledge. More like duh knowledge.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastercanto

Hey! Don´t believe everything you read in bad sources! Drug cartels are a big problem in a big part of my country, but the country itself is not run by them, not anymore than yours anyway.

Yes, we are fairly stable, with problems, of course, and the sad reality of the drug cartels, but actually very stable despite of it.

No, we are not in civil war. ¿why u.s. people tend to believe that every country south your border is at civil war, or ready to be at? Sorry about the generalization, but, well...

And I guess I told this in a post a long ago, and some people were like "another u.s. hater", but, you know, the world looks different from outside your country. (ok, maybe it was another forum, not really sure, but the point remains).

Do you really have to open another thread about why people outside u.s.a. dont like u.s.a.? (goverment and policies) C´mon.....

You're right, your country isn't in complete chaos all the time, but it by no means is stable. Just because you can't see how the cartels have kept your country in poverty doesn't mean it isn't happening...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by antoinemarionette

Come on, Mexico is a peaceful country, with much to offer the free world.
Where in the world, everyone gets this bad picture is beyond me.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastercanto

You're right, your country isn't in complete chaos all the time, but it by no means is stable. Just because you can't see how the cartels have kept your country in poverty doesn't mean it isn't happening...

EEmmm... I live here....I was´t talking about my country not being in caos all the time, but not even ALL the country. Some states are in the very sad reality of the drug cartels war (mostly between them), but most states like mine (Yucatan) are very peaceful and nice.

Yes, I am can see the poverty, I dont live in a bubble, but because I live here I know that the poverty is nos caused by the drug cartels, but by many others factors that have been here for manymany years. And the CIA funding the drug cartels won´t help.

Sorry you can´t see my country with the eyes of a mexican, but with the eyes of media that are interested in whatever your goverment is interested, and show you only the bad part, making it worst. Sure, it is sad and true that are deaths, and fighting with police and army, but we are not in civil war.

Please understand that. If you keep believing what the media tells you, you will be getting fed the idea of an "intervention". Not good.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackStar99

Don't get me wrong, I know its not far fetched at all. I'm just saying that back in the 80's and early 90's when these alegations were being made, people said the hippys that were making them were dilusional and paranoid due to drug use.

And I know the hardship of the mexican people and understand fully why they don't live there.
It comes with the area in which I reside.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyS

Originally posted by Partygirl

Do you even have to ask?

CIA involved in the drug wars? Been going on since Vietnam...

Yup. This is how they fund their black ops, destabilize our own society, cause wide-spread panic and undermine the national security allowing their continued theft of this nation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join