It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Snippet Of The Evolution Of Music In One Song

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Personal disclosure: I'm a big soul and black music fan but was digging out some Van Morrison stuff the other day and remembered his start with the group Them in the 60's and a big favourite of mine in 'Baby Please Don't Go', then I decided to listen to the Muddy Water's version, Muddy Waters was a very early introduction to black music for me and noticed the Big Bill Broonzy version which I hadn't heard in years and some of the evolution of pop music struck me so I thought I'd like to share it see what you think.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Are those 3 videos one song?

Which one am I supposed to listen to?

I only wanted to give this thread one songs worth of time, False Advertising!!!

Seriously though, are you saying that because this song has been covered by different generations, that it is a "snippet of the evolution of music in one song"?

Wouldn't that then mean that each time an "old" song is covered by a "new" band, that it's a "snippet of the evolution of music in one song"?

Sorry, just bustin your balls, but big claims need big evidence.
edit on 16-8-2011 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

Nah didn't make big claims as anyone would find it hard to show how and where music has grown in just one version of any song. Just used one song to take it from near field blues through to a more recognisable version of electric pop. Just pointing out examples of the transitional forms if we're to extend the evolutionary analogy.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by goldentorch

I agree.

And again, just bustin your balls.

top topics

join