It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer Jeremy Henwood's Final Act of Kindness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

For this officer, he survived his tours in Afghanistan (I mistakenly put Iraq), but he couldn't survive lunch in a suburban area of San Diego.

Since 2003, there have been 1392 Officer Deaths in the line of duty inside the US.

In the same time period, Afghanistan has had 1742 U.S. deaths. Considering Afghanistan is an active war zone, those numbers are far too close to one another! Iraq has had 4474 U.S. deaths. 3 times higher, but considering it is an active invasion and occupation, those numbers are still too close together in my opinion.

The US has had 265,768 murders of non-law enforcement officers in the same time period.

I remember an old joke (not a very funny one), but it was safer to have served in Vietnam than to work graveyards at 7-11 ! ! !

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

San Diego - The next New Jersey. I can just see it now - Diego Shore. Filled with fake tans and faker celebrities. (puts sunglasses on
)

Anyways off my little ramble there,RIP to the guy - Police officers like this are rare - American ones even so. And not just because he bought a kid lunch - He had the workmanship and the attitude of a professional who is a man of value by giving back to the community in volunteering his own life for the safety of others. Simply EATING the food at McDonalds is a brave act the even the hardiest ATS member wouldnt try.

That's bravery right there.

edit on 21-8-2011 by Mach5 because: Parentheses failure to properly accept
emoticon.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I feel really bad for this guy, what a waste of life. i hope they catch whoever did it and lock em away for some hard time.

<< 1   >>

join