It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW! Latest Comet Elenin image enhancement inspection

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Found this very interesting video of Elenin images. Watch the video before you debunk it. This Youtube poster named The Perfect Minds is an astronomer. At around the 5:44 minute mark you will see a very interesting image of Elenin. He continues on with an image enhancement inspection that I found equally interesting. ~SheopleNation

edit on 16-8-2011 by SheopleNation because: Added more of a description

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It would be nice if you could actually give a description of the video and your thoughts and opinions, instead of just posting link to a youtube video. That's not to much to ask. So far I'm 5 minutes into a 20 minute video and nothing but a shaky camera hand pointed at a computer screen.When in the video can we see what your trying to share?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by highfreq

That better? ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
reply to post by SheopleNation

there's no need to act cool with him..he is right

even your second effort to write something about the thread..fail

edit on 16-8-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

As if your opinion is the opinion of everyone here? What's the matter, having a bad day bro? ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Thank you. I was beggining to think that being Courteous was against the rules. Which from what I read while registering, is not the case. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

This is actually out of date. This is from July 22 and we have had images released since then, including the ones from STEREO B. While I haven't watched the video it looks like from the description that he was looking for Elenin but did not find it. I just find it odd that he is unable to find anything when other amateur astronomers, including members of ATS, have had no problem finding it and taking pictures of it.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I am prefectly aware of the date, and of other Elenin images posted here and on the internet. I liked the video, and thought others here would like to see it. You have not even watched the video, yet you claim he didn't find it? Um ok bro. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Seriously, why comment?

I think the video is good, nothing I havent seen, but still somewhat interesting.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I watched only the 5:44 image section and saw nothing interesting.

Is there anything in the video about image enhancement that you were interested in? I loath watching 20 minutes of video especially one so poorly made.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Then don't watch it bro. Pretty simple eh? It find it hilarious that those of you who complain about the thread, never even took the time to watch the entire video. You say there is no image enhancement, but you didn't watch the entire video. You claim that it's poor quality, but you never watched it all. Explain to me how that makes sense? Try real hard to comprehend the question. I can't wait to hear your retort. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
this is a first for me...
It is the first time i have ever agreed with stereologist (publicly)

any chance i can get my 20 minutes back...
the only thing i found interesting was that he used the same observatory Leonid Elenin was using when he found c2010/x1

some quotes from the video itself you should know before watching;

"Sorry, you just watched 9 minutes of crappy..."
"The picture is not orientated right"

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

All we're asking is for you to give us a summary of what you find interesting about the video. 20 minutes is a lot of time to devote to a YouTube video that we don't really know anything about. If you can intrigue us then we will take the time to watch the video. However, as it stands it doesn't seem like it will provide us with any new or explosive information.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Don't worry about these 2, they do that to my threads too, come in trashing it, complaining about not wanting to watch the videos I'm presenting, yet full of negative comments about everything. I think their job is to spread negativity.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I watched it all. He also says there's nothing around it and nothing with it. I heard no wild claims and I see a fuzzy little comet. What did I miss?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadicalRebel
this is a first for me...
It is the first time i have ever agreed with stereologist (publicly)

any chance i can get my 20 minutes back...
the only thing i found interesting was that he used the same observatory Leonid Elenin was using when he found c2010/x1

some quotes from the video itself you should know before watching;

"Sorry, you just watched 9 minutes of crappy..."
"The picture is not orientated right"

ROFLMAO, this post made my day. I will refuse to agree with Stereologist until the day I die, I just can't bring myself to do it.

That being said, the video is utter crap, I watched it and it is a complete waste of time, no disrespect to the OP, I just didn't personaly find anything of use in it.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I think it's a pretty cool and interesting video, regardless of it being of Elenin or not. Good post OP.
edit on 16-8-2011 by BGbeauregard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
reply to post by stereologist

Then don't watch it bro. Pretty simple eh? It find it hilarious that those of you who complain about the thread, never even took the time to watch the entire video. You say there is no image enhancement, but you didn't watch the entire video. You claim that it's poor quality, but you never watched it all. Explain to me how that makes sense? Try real hard to comprehend the question. I can't wait to hear your retort. ~SheopleNation

Hey there, brotha. I completely understand your frustration with some of the comments made. However, you've let them win by allowing them to fundamentally change your attitude from what it was when you createdbthe thread. I hate to nit pick, but it IS kinda a rule that you give a summary and your opinion on the information being presented. You'd be surprised how many people simply cannot watch the video. Would you deprive them of information you consider, at the very least, to be interesting or perhaps even vital? Just because they use dial up or are browsing from an older phone? There are other circumstances that wouldn't allow the video to be viewed but there's a few common reasons there.

After reading the comments of members who claim to have watched the video, I simply cannot justify dedicating 20 mins of my life to this. I would rather spend 40 mins explaining it to you so that, hopefully, in the future you will not allow these negative types to turn your own disposition sour causing you to deny simple information to the common folk. It's just plain courteous to explain a little bit of it and give your opinion. And if 9 minutes are truly wasted, you could take it a step further as some members will do when presenting videos and you could say, for example: "the good stuff starts at 19 mins 58 secs". Respect of other's time is a great virtue. I'm sorry that some people were rude and hurtful... I really am. But it doesn't seem very reasonable to respond to people telling them to watch the whole 20 min video just to receive a few tidbits of info. One poster even said there was nothing interesting at all.

Sigh... I'm gonna watch the video, because a) my time is not more important than anyone else's, and b) I will come back afterwards so that I may provide other members with the summary they so badly wish for but that you have denied because a couple screwballs gift your feelings. It's cool, and understandable. You're only human and I may have reacted similarly if I was tired and grouchy, or having a bad day or something. I just hope that you will excersise more efficient methods of spreading information in the future. If this turns out to be important, it will be a shame that so many people have missed out on it all because they do not wish to play your little guessing/gambling game of sacrificing 20 minutes first before they get to know whether or not it was worth it.

The negative members do cause some....SOME damage to this site. But its people like you and me who cause the lion's share of the damage by letting them effect us, and by even responding. If you encounter negativity, don't feed it attention. Simply pretend you did not see that persons post and spend your energy WISELY. This doesn't mean ignore all criticism, just if its presented in a less than civil manner. For example, the way I asked you and explained why and everything, you should cough up the damn summary! I won't wait for that though. I'll provide what the people want. And fear not, ats, if there is anything of interest, it will not go unnoticed by me.

edit on 17-8-2011 by ZackMorris because: paid respect to the gods of paragraphs and indentation...

Ok just got done watching it. If you are interested in astronomy and image enhancement, you might enjoy the video if you have some time to kill. It's a guy with a few images of elenin and he plays with the color enhancement and other adjustments and that's about it. It's from July 23rd so in that respect, the NEW! in all caps in the title of the thread is misleading, and there is nothing vital to be shared, so the exclamation marks, and again, the caps, I find to be unwarranted. To the average person: nothing to see here. To astronomy and photography buffs, it would probably be of SOME interest to you. To the conspirathists, there's nothing Nibiru/apocalypse/alien related here. Just an analysis of some images of a space object. The images themselves are nothing spectacular. The layperson like myself wouldn't even know it was a comet or anything of interest. those more scientifically minded may be interested. Peace!
edit on 17-8-2011 by ZackMorris because: My summary!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Can somebody post the image that is NOT in youtube image format please?

Not everybody has bandwidth / quotas for videos for IMAGES.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join