It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Sarah Palin's Long Line of Pre-Marital Pregnancy Exposed: Conservative Values?

page: 6
11
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by kro32
 


It doesn't matter what you do to Palin, somehow the driveling masses will still eat up every word she says (or at least the words she says that the media actually reports on). You can point out her hypocrisy, her religious insanity (see the prayer over her against witchcraft on youtube), or her complete lack of a grasp on the issues and somehow people will still like her. The issue is that Palin isn't the only politician to take up this abstinence preaching stupidity and discouraging safe sex, ironically its precisely that kinda talk that leads to teenage pregnancy.



Thats ok. I am a witch. I did a spell to nutralize the effects of her vid. It's done with mirrors but no smoke. LOL.




posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I don't like Sarah Palin... But there is a saying. " Do as I say, not as I do."

Regardless of her past.... what ever it may be, she has every right to discourage others from making the mistakes she made in the past...

Same goes for everyone.... If we were never allowed to try and teach others from our mistakes, we would all be dead now.



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Conservatives have values

Wavering, theoretical values that are touted to hypnotize theocrats.



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine
As far as the Palin hypocrite snipe, where is it, exactly, that she's said anything about unmarried pregnancy? And if you have a daughter, you'd know that you can only do so much to keep them from getting knocked up.

Stop spewing liberal talking points and find some facts.


This is really simple math.
Sarah ran on the platform of federally funding AA teaching.
Why?
Because Sarah believes she has the one solution to babies born to unwed couples.
Why?
Because she says she is a good Christian family values woman with the morals and know how to make such a thing work.
Here are the facts.
Sarah had an illegitimate child.
Bristol had an illegitimate child.
Track got his girlfriend pregnant before they got married.

ATS calls me a godless liberal and guess how many times I have been unmarried and gotten pregnant.

0



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Regardless of her past.... what ever it may be, she has every right to discourage others from making the mistakes she made in the past...


I would totally agree with you if that were what she is doing. She and her daughter do not say "We made mistakes and here is what we did wrong." What they are saying, constantly is "You people have no values and we do and we are going to teach the rest of you how to have values like us."

That is why it is an issue.



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I don't think Sarah ever derided anyone for being pregnant prior to marriage. So the implication of the OP is off-base and just a cheap shot.



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Originally posted by tangonine
As far as the Palin hypocrite snipe, where is it, exactly, that she's said anything about unmarried pregnancy? And if you have a daughter, you'd know that you can only do so much to keep them from getting knocked up.

Stop spewing liberal talking points and find some facts.


This is really simple math.
Sarah ran on the platform of federally funding AA teaching.
Why?
Because Sarah believes she has the one solution to babies born to unwed couples.
Why?
Because she says she is a good Christian family values woman with the morals and know how to make such a thing work.
Here are the facts.
Sarah had an illegitimate child.
Bristol had an illegitimate child.
Track got his girlfriend pregnant before they got married.

ATS calls me a godless liberal and guess how many times I have been unmarried and gotten pregnant.

0


So your argument is that she's been there and done that, and having done that, she makes the case that it's best to have children in a solid married family?

I've been on this Earth a bit. I've made mistakes, and, like Sarah, I've always found that being able to pass on the lessons I've learned would be beneficial. Stunning concept, I know.

Wow. Guess you got us there.
edit on 17-8-2011 by tangonine because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by kro32
 


So? She is human... part of that is learning and then sharing what you learned from your mistakes.

Give it a break. And, who said she was hiding it? Just because she doesn't broadcast it doesn't mean she is hiding it.

I think if great they like sex..... (on a personal note I wish she would speak about it. Sounds interesting. but that is just me


Go Palin!!!!


Can we hear you give that same defense of Bill Clinton? How about Larry Craig? Seems like this one was made just for Sarah.



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine
So your argument is that she's been there and done that, and having done that, she makes the case that it's best to have children in a solid married family?


No it is not. You can tell by reading my post.


I've been on this Earth a bit. I've made mistakes, and, like Sarah, I've always found that being able to pass on the lessons I've learned would be beneficial. Stunning concept, I know.


Good for you! Way to attack your own strawman.


Wow. Guess you got us there.
edit on 17-8-2011 by tangonine because: (no reason given)


Better than you did by making up a whole new point for me and attacking that.



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine
I don't think Sarah ever derided anyone for being pregnant prior to marriage. So the implication of the OP is off-base and just a cheap shot.


How familiar are you with abstinence only teaching?
Do you know what problem it is meant to solve?



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Originally posted by tangonine
So your argument is that she's been there and done that, and having done that, she makes the case that it's best to have children in a solid married family?


No it is not. You can tell by reading my post.


I've been on this Earth a bit. I've made mistakes, and, like Sarah, I've always found that being able to pass on the lessons I've learned would be beneficial. Stunning concept, I know.


Good for you! Way to attack your own strawman.


Wow. Guess you got us there.
edit on 17-8-2011 by tangonine because: (no reason given)


Better than you did by making up a whole new point for me and attacking that.


pretty sure that's not a "straw man" argument. Perhaps you should google "straw man." Saying that I've learned lessons and Sarah has too and feeling the need to share those lessons... you call that a "straw man" argument? FAIL.

You're just looking for any reason to hate her. Admit it. C'mon... admit it... you hate her and you don't know why and you can't posit a single argument to found your angst. It must be hell to be you.



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Yah, everybody talk about Palin's pre-marital preggie and not on Obama's marxist friendship with Frank Marshall Davis, his smoking both cigarettes and pot, and maybe even some other drugs. That was just all in his past, and by the way, Clinton never inhaled.


Sounds like great ideas for other threads. This one is about Palin. It is just killing you to see a thread not bashing Obama, I know. I am starting a support group for you and Neo96.
Seriously, if you want to talk about FMD, why not start yet another thread on that and discuss it. Why do you have to bring it up here unless you just want to deflect attention from the topic? Good luck with your thread.

Seriously why are the righties around here so freaking whiny lately? A thread comes up about anyone on the right and they call foul because there is not enough Obama bashing. Do you all really feel there is a lack of anti-Obama threads on ATS?

Jesus Christ, is Sarah Palin so weak that people cannot even discuss her without her fans running around screaming "OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA!!!!"



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
and illegitimate kids aside, I'm voting for her if she runs. So is my wife, and 90% of our county.

We're just simple country folk. We know character when we see it. We know leaders when we see them. You can scream and cry all you like, but the fact remains: she has our vote.



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
No one has led a perfect life.

Perhaps she has adopted her beliefs in part as a result of the mistakes that she has made.

If you can't learn from your mistakes then you can't grow.

I find this attitude that if you have made a mistake, ever, then you can never say anything. This would surely limit the people that are available for public office.

I'd like to point out that there is plenty to criticize Palin about without throwing this silly argument up.



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
And yet, if Palin was a liberal Progressive campaigning for Obamacare to pay for illegal immigrant abortions at clinics, she'd be hailed as a real heroine of the people. It's Progs who are the ultimate hypocrites here.


That sure sounds like something you just made up. You would not do that though, right? You just challenged someone to back up their claim about what people say on the right so there is no way you would put something forward like this without being able to back it up, would you?


Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
They cannot back it up because no conservative poltician said it. These libs just make stuff up as they go.




Speaking of hypocrisy.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Yah, everybody talk about Palin's pre-marital preggie and not on Obama's marxist friendship with Frank Marshall Davis, his smoking both cigarettes and pot, and maybe even some other drugs. That was just all in his past, and by the way, Clinton never inhaled.


Sounds like great ideas for other threads. This one is about Palin. It is just killing you to see a thread not bashing Obama, I know. I am starting a support group for you and Neo96.
Seriously, if you want to talk about FMD, why not start yet another thread on that and discuss it. Why do you have to bring it up here unless you just want to deflect attention from the topic? Good luck with your thread.

Seriously why are the righties around here so freaking whiny lately? A thread comes up about anyone on the right and they call foul because there is not enough Obama bashing. Do you all really feel there is a lack of anti-Obama threads on ATS?

Jesus Christ, is Sarah Palin so weak that people cannot even discuss her without her fans running around screaming "OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA!!!!"


You gotta focus that anger.

And, just as an added aside: I respect you. Don't know why. I just do. I'm somewhere to the right of John Wayne and Ronald Reagan, but... I'm sure there's a little john wayne in you, just waiting...



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
WOW, I can't believe people would sink so low as to bring her elderly parents into this.



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
No one has led a perfect life.

Perhaps she has adopted her beliefs in part as a result of the mistakes that she has made.

If you can't learn from your mistakes then you can't grow.

I find this attitude that if you have made a mistake, ever, then you can never say anything. This would surely limit the people that are available for public office.

I'd like to point out that there is plenty to criticize Palin about without throwing this silly argument up.


If only her children had not made the same mistakes then it would probably not go such a long way to negate the things she says. She tells us she knows how to prevent unwed mothers. She has produced two of them herself after learning her "lesson."
edit on 17-8-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine
You gotta focus that anger.

And, just as an added aside: I respect you. Don't know why. I just do. I'm somewhere to the right of John Wayne and Ronald Reagan, but... I'm sure there's a little john wayne in you, just waiting...


Well thanks I think but there is no anger here. The past few weeks has seen a huge uptick in two particular posters running from Bachmann thread to Palin thread crying that there is not enough Obama bashing. To me that is like going from vampire thread to sea monster thread and complaining there is not enough rod bashing in them.



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Originally posted by tangonine
You gotta focus that anger.

And, just as an added aside: I respect you. Don't know why. I just do. I'm somewhere to the right of John Wayne and Ronald Reagan, but... I'm sure there's a little john wayne in you, just waiting...


Well thanks I think but there is no anger here. The past few weeks has seen a huge uptick in two particular posters running from Bachmann thread to Palin thread crying that there is not enough Obama bashing. To me that is like going from vampire thread to sea monster thread and complaining there is not enough rod bashing in them.


We have different points of view. We share different experiences. Fundamentally, I believe in the right of the individual over the collective. There is a LOT in that statement. I believe that Sarah Palin aligns herself with my beliefs more closely than the other candidates (even though she hasn't committed).

I believe barack obama believes in himself, first, and then in the collective because the collective can gain him a new term. I disagree with him on a fundamental level.

It is what it is.



new topics

top topics



 
11
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join