It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin's Long Line of Pre-Marital Pregnancy Exposed: Conservative Values?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
reply to post by Kitilani

Yes I read your posts, but regardless of how Palin and family do things, I just found it odd that you would refer to the child as a little bastard. Regardless of "dictionary meaning" it still holds a negative vibe.

Does it? To whom?

Much like if I were to call someone a bit ch. After all its not the child's fault and lets remember that no one is perfect. Perhaps their public speeches are more like if a drug user was to go out and tell people the dangers of drugs, or people living with AIDS speaking about practicing safe sex or abstinence.

edit on 16-8-2011 by QBSneak000 because: grammar

Your analogy would be great IF that were remotely the case.

As I already stated.

She was RAISED TO ABSITNENCE ONLY.
She preaches the very same thing.

Why?????

Because it worked for her?
Because she knows how it should have worked instead?
I am afraid you know less about addiction than you do me.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Here's the thing about Christians who actually read and follow the New Testament: We know we are not perfect. Jesus said, "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?" That means that we should not judge others, because we also fall short.

Christianity is not about judging others. It's about loving others, having faith, and living the best life you can. Jesus never told us that we had to be perfect.

No, I am not perfect. Sarah Palin is not perfect. Christians are not perfect. I also don't judge others' mistakes: not my job. I've made MANY, myself.

One sad thing about the world today is that if you profess to be a Christian, it's like the world is watching, waiting for you to not be perfect...then they can say, "HYPOCRITE!!!!!"

In summary, I know there are people who profess to be Christians who DO spend a lot of time judging others. Please don't dismiss the message in the New Testament because those people have it wrong. Read it for yourself.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

Your avatar is more than fitting for your post.
'Ignore that thing over there, look at this thing over here.'

It is amazing what lengths people will go to in order to discuss Obama. I'd love to see your shrine.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I really do not care for Palin's politics, but I'm going to play devil's advocate here. This assumes the Palins are honest enough with themselves to admit it happened, and that their preaching about it is not because they are better than the regular single teen age mom but because they've been down that road and learned from it. For her to tout "abstinence only" does seem silly, but there you are...

Once, during a revival at my mom's church, a guest preacher spoke about his past sins. And they were many and these sins were grave...drugs, violence, jail time, ect. He spoke of how much grief he gets from some Christians, who've never been in a situation where those past choices would even be an option, and how much support he receives from those who find Jesus after a rough patch. He finally came up with a response to the criticism that he was somehow unworthy of God's love and to be a preacher.

He simply said, "Who would you rather learn about drugs, violence and crime from? Would you prefer someone who has lived in their ivory tower or someone who has been in the trenches?"

If that was the case, I'd listen to Palin. Being a single mom is tough. If she were actually teaching from life experience than spouting soundbites then it's a good thing. If not, it's just as empty as all other politician commentary.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Sarah Palin is a corporation.
Designed, scripted and promoted to an unquestioning demographic that loves her folksy sound bites.
She has a staff of writers and A&R guys programming almost her every move.
She makes a lot of money with her personal appearances, books, TV, Fox, but her movie flopped, etc.
She is using politics the same way that Miley Cyrus or Zac Efton use entertainment and Sarah's fans eat it up.

Actually her business plan is brilliant. Her politics...........

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Oh my shine is quite a bit duller in the Obama economy...maybe that is why I would like to know if our highly touted genius of a Dear Leader, who yesterday told the Big Three auto manufacturers 'you can't make money selling SUVs and pick up trucks' well...I just wonder if he ever took an Economics course. Does he have any basic understanding of our economy. Of how an industry, like the design and manufacturing of vehicles 'works.'

I find that lack of knowledge much more pressing to my Country's future than if there were any 'shotgun' weddings on the Heath/Palin tree.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
if you're gonna be a nitwit, might as well be a hypocritical nitwit.

my very first "2nd"

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Stealthy Romney post. Very clever, but I see right through your plan.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda

Oh my shine is quite a bit duller in the Obama economy...maybe that is why I would like to know if our highly touted genius of a Dear Leader, who yesterday told the Big Three auto manufacturers 'you can't make money selling SUVs and pick up trucks' well...I just wonder if he ever took an Economics course. Does he have any basic understanding of our economy. Of how an industry, like the design and manufacturing of vehicles 'works.'

I find that lack of knowledge much more pressing to my Country's future than if there were any 'shotgun' weddings on the Heath/Palin tree.

Obama wouldn't understand supply & demand if it hit him in the face. The guy isn't qualified to refill slushies, let alone be president. He. Knows. Nothing.

Hell, he even sucks at golf and he's given that all he's got!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Designed, scripted and promoted to an unquestioning demographic that loves her folksy sound bites.
She has a staff of writers and A&R guys programming almost her every move.
She makes a lot of money with her personal appearances, books, TV, Fox, but her movie flopped, etc.
She is using politics the same way that Miley Cyrus or Zac Efton use entertainment and Sarah's fans eat it up.

Actually her business plan is brilliant. Her politics...........

Your paranoia is even more magnificent.

What you, and those like you, fail to realize, is that she's just a woman who cares about her country. 'Course you wouldn't understand that, and it's such a delta for you to even begin to believe that a conservative genuinely cares, so this whole post is likely lost on you.

It's ok. We'll take our nation back. You just sit there and cry.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I wasn't aware of Palin running for office currently.

I feel that if she were practicing infidelity while she was running for office, then that behavior would be cause for concern. However, she entered politics in 1992, 4 years after her first child was born. Neither her city council position, nor her mayor candidacy, were "family values" campaigns. Her vice-presidency was, but this was 16 years after she got pregnant with Track out of wedlock. Can a person not change their mind as they get older?

I'm far from a Palin supporter, but seriously, can't you find something concrete, like her stance on gay marriage, or that "bridge to nowhere", instead of on an ideal that she obviously believes in now, but didn't when she was young and full of hormones?

/TOA

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tangonine

Please tell us one of Sarah Palin's wonderful political ideas that not only proves her love for America, but that would benefit most Americans. You seem to have a very high regard for her politics. Care to share why you feel the way you do? If there's anything I'm not aware of about her, I'd love to learn.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I guess noone here made mistakes in their past....why judge her on her PAST instead of her CURRENT behavior???

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Well, if that is true, then Sarah and every pro-marriage advocates who do such behaviors are HYPOCRITES! I am not surprised if it "runs in the family" because Bristol did the "good and plenty" as well.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

You're talking about Sarah Palin...need I say more?

Okay, to be an example to our newer members and to make every post matter, then I would say she is a woman who has lived an exciting life, especially coming from Alaska. I mean come on, who'd a 'thunk it that a PTA mom would go on to be Governor and then get picked up to be VP of the USA. For that she gets credit. I'm not one who is interested in people's personal lives and the amount of children they bring into this world. What matters to me is honesty and straightforwardness, being real and believing in at least one thing and following through on at least one promise. I get that life gets messy when it comes to love and romance and human emotion, and as a woman myself I completely get that. So, what do we want then, a robot, an unfeeling machine? No, there's room for humanity and love and intelligence. And that's the thing, isn't it? We are all human.
edit on 16-8-2011 by queenofsheba because: spelling police ticket

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
It's really funny hearing liberals slam conservatives on morality, considering the liberal cause celebre tends to be based on the moral relativity of the Humanist Manifesto.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
So, lets say you are a drug addict in recovery. Does that mean that you cant preach to people about the values of staying clean? No....

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by kro32

I guess noone here made mistakes in their past....why judge her on her PAST instead of her CURRENT behavior???

Yes, in fact there's that little story of Jesus defending a woman being stoned by people ....and you know all that go and sin no more thing. Every Christian knows it.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
So, lets say you are a drug addict in recovery. Does that mean that you cant preach to people about the values of staying clean? No....

Or how about the woman who has had an abortion and experienced depression and remorse and possibly even not able to bear more children and she might like to help other women so they don't experience that.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
It's really funny hearing liberals slam conservatives on morality, considering the liberal cause celebre tends to be based on the moral relativity of the Humanist Manifesto.

How many times does this need to be explained? Liberals do not run for office by pretending to have cornered the market on family values and morals. It is exclusively the right that worries about gay marriage, abortion, out of wedlock sex, etc. etc. Things politicians should not be concerned with. It is the right that constantly tries to infuse their god into their politics by pretending to know him better than others. Anthony Weiner never ran on a platform of family values of the value of marriage. He ran on helping the people of NY. What did Palin run on? Abstinence only teaching, family values, etc.

How is this not clear to you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join