It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man tazed at Walmart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'm kind of confused by this video. A, because people are laughing at it, which makes me angry. B, because it's quite old and I cannot find any news on it, which confuses me, and C, because it's just plain confusing.

Does anyone know more about it?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Yeah this happened just up the road from me. He was being drunk and disorderly. I'm going to go out on a limb and say so was his girlfriend/wife/sister.

There wasn't much about it, but that is what it was...drunk and patriotic here in the deep south.
edit on 16-8-2011 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Walmart Police Department?

Wtf?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Damn, the guy who filmed it says he doesn't know what happened there.

Security guards using tazers on shoppers? Not a very good advert for Wal-Mart!!

These things are being used too regularly imo.

A guy was tazed in the U.K after being pulled over and the Police asked him to step out of the car so they could check his credentials. Their computer records said he didn't have any insurance, so he questioned their records, as he did in fact have insurance. The Police felt he was protesting a bit too much and fired off the tazer. I do not understand why they felt the need to take out the tazer in the first place over someone who didn't have insurance, but that seems to be the norm now adays.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
actually in retail you get a secret shopper who dresses in plain clothes, they have the ability to arrest someone for shoplifting, and can use any means of force necessary if they are a threat, one time we actually had a drunk come into my old work from the nearby bar and we called the cops on him.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Haah!! That taze was definitely justifiable. If it was me I would've tazed his ugly girlfriend right along with him since she found the need to try attacking the security.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DeVIAS

Well I mean, it was quite aggressive all together. I suppose my anger is more with the audience than anything else, for laughing at it. But I don't see why this demanded a taser. It wouldn't have gotten that bad i he never took it out in the first place.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I am hearing more and more about security and cops
using tazers. I don't drink or do anything criminal but
if there was a mistake and I was tazed I would probably
not recover as I have a heart condition, do they ever
think about these things?

What if their aim was off and they tazed a baby
or child. Can't they ever handle anything without
a tazer or gun? Cops are so pathetic these days.
edit on 16-8-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I've worked security for years, and have "use of force" authority. When drunk people go out and start being crazy and you try being cool and they start screaming stuff like "I have rights" when they're the ones on private property acting like morons, they lose those rights. The security guard screaming and raising his voice is all stuff he was trained to do to gain control of the situation.

Also, when you carry a tazer or mace and have to deal with stupid people all the time, once they give you a big enough reason to use it, security usually will taze/mace you then laugh about it with all their security buddies later. Just the way it goes...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DeVIAS

Yea but that doesn't make it right. I think the first err in your part is the word control, when in reality, in a business situation, you are never really in control. I see no reason to see it any different for situations involving security.

You don't control it. You put up a wall and hope it goes away. You're control is in your attitude and emotion. Both of which, for both the aggressor and defender, were wrong here.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I don't have all of the information, and am assuming that he was drunk, as that is what you guys are saying. I know Wal-Mart's policy regarding shoplifters, and what they are supposed to do, as well as not do, but I have no idea what their policies are for something like this. Regardless, a taser should be used for protection only in a case like this, assuming this wasn't a cop.

The guy was not attacking the security guard, and didn't touch him until the security guy tried to grab him. He wasn't attempting to leave the scene, so the better course of action would have been to wait for the police to arrive. I mean I heard sirens so they would have been there within minutes. Even if it were allowed, it still wasn't the smart course of action.

I don't know if they asked him to leave the store, or if he left on his own, so I will reserve judgment until I read up a bit more. I will say that regardless of what happened, judging by the video I expect there to be a lawsuit. I would almost count on it, that is if he attempts to find a lawyer. Someone will take his case. Whether he would win or not is a different story. Take it to a jury and this might just be the smartest time he ever got drunk and disorderly. Haha.

I am just saying that he shouldn't have been tased, and the lady shouldn't have to have been tackled. That was excessive force. Some, not all, security guards think they are cops, and that is the sad truth. They do not know the law, since many cops don't know the law, so they should act with as little force as is necessary if they want to avoid a potential lawsuit. Judging by the company's past actions he may even lose his job, depending on their policies. Remember the guy who was fired for tackling a shoplifter? Ring a bell?
edit on 8/16/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I bet they sue warlmart and/or the security guard over this. All the security guard had to do is tell them to leave the property or you will call the cops. He has no right to hold them unless they stole something or assaulted someone. If they were drunk that still doesn't give a security guard the right to detain them.

I was hoping to see someone knock out the security guard.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
eff that shizz
a rent a pig with a taser?
LAY HIS WEAK ASS THE EFF OUT!!!
others should of got in to help too...

rent-able PIGS are not cops.
with no hesitation, this guy would get swarmed on in my neighborhood for even trying this...

lolol

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DeVIAS

you are proud of this?
all this is something to brag about?
you call that training?

lol

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by violence=answer

Lol. I never tazed or maced people. I don't work at walmart lol so I don't know their policies, all I know is where I have worked if someone is being a fool and they're on private property, follow a few simple steps first and they still want to try to grab at you then you have every right to do what you gotta do, as long of course it's justifiable..and yes, I have definitely laughed at some stupid people getting maced before because they thought they could do whatever they wanted on the wrong property.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Wow at Walmart! I'm not surprised.

I think people who use a Taser are ignorant to cardiac arrhythmia, I'm waiting for the news where some guy hunts down and gets revenge on the Taser user.

I also think Taser user's are idiots and sissy's, they should look for another job if they can't handle a situation, either that or wear pink.
:lol;
edit on 16-8-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
We shoudl have just let these 2 drunk morons drive home and murder a car full of kids..

Im glad that drunk and disorderly people can be detained untill law enforcement arrive.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
lol i dont really care what the situation was, i enjoyed that video.

new topics

top topics

join