It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Africans charged over fake bomb at Phoenix airport.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Browsed through the search option and didn't see this thread,but if there is one then my apologies.
Three Africans were charged on Friday with trying to sneak a fake bomb past a screening area at a Phoenix airport, in what the FBI describes as a possible test of security.
Source

Three African refugees were arrested after what police described as a fake bomb was found in one of their carry-on bags during security screening at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, police said TuesdayPhoenix police didn't yet know what the motive was behind the Friday incident and weren't ruling out the possibility of a terrorism connection, Phoenix police Sgt. Steve Martos told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

(Alternative Source)
Source

If you read the alternative source you will see that an attempt was made a few days earlier in Memphis.I browsed around and couldn't find any information pertaining to the incident in Tennessee.

edit on 16-8-2011 by Daedal because: Added video

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The embedded video was just a short clip, but judging from that there was no real crime committed. It sounds bad, but the person interviewed stated that the "bomb" was nothing but Ethiopian food with a cell phone strapped to it, which was given to a woman to take back to someone in the states.

It doesn't sound like it was intended to represent an explosive device, but I am wondering why there was a cell phone strapped to the food in the first place. If those were the only two items, and he didn't want them to get separated then I can see the logic.

But of course if this is the case, and there was no crime committed, the DHS is probably itching to crucify someone at this point, if only to prove their worth. I will reserve judgment based on the lack of information at this point.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
The embedded video was just a short clip, but judging from that there was no real crime committed. It sounds bad, but the person interviewed stated that the "bomb" was nothing but Ethiopian food with a cell phone strapped to it, which was given to a woman to take back to someone in the states.

It doesn't sound like it was intended to represent an explosive device, but I am wondering why there was a cell phone strapped to the food in the first place. If those were the only two items, and he didn't want them to get separated then I can see the logic.

But of course if this is the case, and there was no crime committed, the DHS is probably itching to crucify someone at this point, if only to prove their worth. I will reserve judgment based on the lack of information at this point.

Sorry bout the vid cut-off.My fault wasn't trying to be misleading.Also it stated in the article there was another attempt made a few days earlier at Memhis airport.

new topics

join