It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TVA to nuclear plant protestors: No zombie costumes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Source

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) - The Tennessee Valley Authority has a message for opponents of its Bellefonte Nuclear Plant: No costumes. A month after zombie-costumed protesters paraded in Chattanooga to oppose TVA's plans to revive what they described as a "corpse of a power plant" in northeast Alabama, the nation's largest public utility has a new ban on costumes at its board meeting Thursday. A TVA spokesman said the no-costume rule is intended to avoid any "disruption" at the meeting in Knoxville.

Didn't realize zombies were becoming such an issue. What do you guys think? Is it a violation of Freedom of Expression or a reasonable restriction?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
If anyone can be a zombie does that not mean that everyone wears a zombie costume?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Who is defining what a costume is, is the real question?

Could a trollop in a dress be dressing up as a lady?
Could a guy that usually wears a t-shirt to work wear a collared shirt and be dressing up as a businessman?

To what end, is the question that should always be asked. This list could go on.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
i don't own that many electronics but I do expect to have electricity 24/7 to power my lights, AC, microwave, fridge, coffee pot and computer. These protestors are being silly thinking they can stop nuclear power when nothing other than the horrible coal others rail against are the only viable options for 24/7 electricity. I'm not willing to have electricity only when the wind blows, the sun shines or the batteries are charged. If you want to get rid of nuclear/coal, go to school, study hard and invent a new reasonably priced way to provide electricity 24/7.

So, yes the protestor showing up in zombie costumes is silly and banning them is reasonable.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I didnt think you could ban a protest.. like as its a protest and all.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bramble Iceshimmer

Nuclear power is only reasonably priced because there is no charge to dispose of the waste. As far as I know, It just kind of hangs around.

In my state there can be no new nuclear power stations until there is a national repository to dispose of the waste, or something to that affect.

I would gladly choose limited or even no electricity in my household if it kept a nuclear plant from opening.

new topics

top topics

join