It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NPR: Ron Paul is 74yrs Old And Will Turn 76 On Saturday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

For instance, despite putting in a strong second place showing in the Ames Straw Poll in Iowa on Saturday and polling consistently well in polls of voters nationally or in caucus and primary states, the 74-year old Libertarian was mostly ignored.

sometimes journalists appear to go to extremes to ignore Paul who will turn 76 on Saturday.

www.npr.org...

So while NPR pretends to be noble they are nothing more than a hack

I don't know why NPR is as popular as it is but this is disgusting

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

how does he skip year 75?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
That's the same thing I was wondering?

Adjusting for inflation or something.

edit on 16-8-2011 by Dance4Life because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint

Apparently he skipped 75 the same way he became the 13th floor. It is amazing what MSM can and will do. This finally showing them for what they truly are even reuters and joined in. This all tells me they are worried that their scam maybe coming to a close. Which means we do have power to stop them.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Because they stated that Mr. Paul was 74 when he is in fact 75? Disgusting hacks because there is one small typo in the piece?

Or is the entire piece a hack? The piece itself isnt that half bad, being NPR and all. I am just starting to turn my attention to Mr. Paul, and I am liking what I am seeing so far.

But which part is disgusting to you?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This is has just gone off the deep end. What's next? Headline stories about how Ron Paul kicked a puppy when he was a kid or how he cheated on a high school math test? I mean c'mon.. They can at least get off their duffs and find information to use which may be honest AND worth mentioning. Of Course NPR is about as unbiased as the White House Press office. When are we finally going to budget cut NPR's contribution to government WASTE?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

lol...

I saw the thread headline and was like "Waaiiiitttt just a minute here...something's wrong". Of course, devaluation of time by our government's loose chronological policies is a perfect explanation!

I thought he was going to be turning 77 though?

EDIT:
Hmmm...checking his wiki, I guess he IS younger than I thought. Would be 77 when he takes office. Better than I was thinking, compares well to Churchill and de Gaulle or whatnot.
edit on 8/16/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

They could have at least had the fortitude to address his disgusting fixation with CHOCOLATE CHIP cookies - that HE doesn't even bother to cook himself!

Shameful. This cad, this heel...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
He spent a year cryogenically frozen so that doesn't count.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Oh no! He's so old he's aging quicker!

Hard to ignore a man who ages at an accelerated rate.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
it sounds to me like the media are trying to speed up his heart attack, if it happens before the presidental elections they could say, "well he was 98 years old, so no surprise really"

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
it sounds to me like the media are trying to speed up his heart attack, if it happens before the presidental elections they could say, "well he was 98 years old, so no surprise really"

Oh my goodness you just made my night! awesome!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
What's funny is the article has still not been updated.

However, I will say that I think this is just a blunder by NPR, they are actually trying to make some type of amends for the media ignoring Ron Paul

Busted. That's what we in the news media are in the matter of the presidential campaign of Rep. Ron Paul of Texas.

NPR is saying they are "busted" when it comes to ignoring Ron Paul. Coming from NPR, that's probably the best compliment they are capable of giving towards Ron Paul. I'll take that as it stands.

top topics

join