It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese army chief here to talk defense cooperation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It seems Israel is being pro-active in it's attempts to cut down on weapons being supplied to the Arab nations by holding talks with the Chinese themselves.

Defense officials said that Bingde’s visit did not signify a change in Israeli policy regarding defense relations and exports to the Chinese military. Israel significantly downgraded its defense ties with China in recent years due to American pressure.

www.jpost.com...

It will be an interesting development if Israel is able to forge some sort of alliance with the Chinese as that would certainly alter the balance of power in the Middle East.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I suppose actions have consequences and becoming a fair weather friend to Israel may see them go into the arms of our next likely adversary in any major future conflict. For all the bad mouthing people do on Israel, I'd sure rather have them ON my side then HUNTING my side. Just a personal observation on that....

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
If China wants to become a major player in Middle Eastern affairs that could pose major problems for the western powers who apparantly are working on their own agenda. Perhaps China is trying to prevent western influence in the region and giving Israel another option besides the U.S.A.

It is something to keep an eye on especially since they are touting their military prowess a bit more it seems lately.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Israeli dealings with China are not a new occurrence.

The Chinese J-10 resemblance to the IAI Lavi (itself based on the F16) is not a co-incidence.

They would have sold them an AWACS system had uncle sam not had a tantrum.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The US supplies Israel with weapons, so why should China stop supplying Arab nations with weapons?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

China's priorities have been changing into global strategic ones beyond what they've done before. It won't surprise me if they start trying to win over our allies to their own client states. Why not? We would. It's the lack of effort I believe Obama will put up in preventing it that is different now over past times. Time will tell...

top topics

join