It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arkansas Diamond Mine...Search for your own Diamonds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

It's finder's keepers at the Crater of Diamonds State Park in Murfreesboro, Arkansas. The only public diamond mine in the world, Crater of Diamonds offers you a one-of-a-kind adventure - the opportunity to hunt for real diamonds and to keep any you find.

You'll search over a 37-acre plowed field - the eroded surface of an ancient, gem-bearing volcanic pipe. Begin your diamond hunting adventure at the visitor center featuring exhibits and an audio/visual program that explains the area's geology and offers tips on recognizing diamonds in the rough.

www.arkansas.com...

Pretty cool that you can search for diamonds and actually keep any you find and people do find them sometimes. Might be a place to visit if your traveling through this state.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Probably been fairly well picked through, maybe when the New Madrid erupts then it will uncover more. I would say there is probably nothing of much value there and the good stuff is still buried.

I have been wanting to go there myself none the less.But I doubt they would allow me to bring a bulldozer in to search the way I would like to search.
edit on 16-8-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
...cool place to go... i dont care for diamonds but i might change my mind if i find my own whopper... theres a ranch here in texas where you can collect / dig for topaz, which is a much prettier stone, imo... heres a link...

texas-topaz.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Thanks Kro - I've heard about this before, but figured I'd pop in to give you a star and flag simply for starting a thread that's not just trying to expose what you perceive as yet another one of Ron Paul's many flaws!

Thanks brother, take care...I need to get down to Arkansas sometime. Just remember, in the rough, they don't LOOK like diamonds.

Be well.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I've always wanted to go there I read about one man that put all of his kids through college with the diamonds he found there. I've been to the emerald mine in hiddenite NC. You can find all kinds of gems there I found about a handful of low grade emeralds a few star sapphires some big pieces of amethyst and some nice crystals too. There's a place out west where you can find fire opals People would be surprised just what kind of treasures you are able to find here in the states.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It isn't done producing big ones yet...you just have to be lucky!
Some man just found a really big one there recently.....I saw on the news a few months back.
Here is the link! Makes me want to go diamond hunting!
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Several 2 plus carat diamonds are found there every year.
This year there has been at least 1 that was larger than 4 carats.
The ground is turned over fairly often to give people a better chance to make a find.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
There's a place out west where you can find fire opals People would be surprised just what kind of treasures you are able to find here in the states.

You would be suprised of how many places there are in the states where you would be able to find precious metals, and gems if there weren't so many "environmental laws" in place... And I am not talking about using heavy machinery, but laws against simply using even a shovel, and a pick hammer, or even a metal detector...

At this pace environmentalists will soon be oposed even at people shifting stones with their shoes or hands, if there is not a law already in place...

Also a lot of good places where you could find diamonds are privately owned, and you wouldn't believe how many people who own areas where diamonds can be found wouldn't allow any type of search in their land even when you would split the profits, and of course I am not going to tell anyone how to find for free precious metals and stones in their lands without getting any profits in return.

If you have the knowhow, and you are lucky to own an area where diamonds can be found, still there is a chance you won't find anything, but then again you might get lucky and find a lot of good stuff.

edit on 17-8-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronpip
Several 2 plus carat diamonds are found there every year.
This year there has been at least 1 that was larger than 4 carats.
The ground is turned over fairly often to give people a better chance to make a find.

But are people allowed to use a shovel in this place and dig in deep? I have heard about this place, but never went there.

However I have lived in Wyoming for 6 years and found several good places with mineral indicators, and other good signs that tell me places where diamonds, and other precious gems and minerals can be found, but they are within either state parks, or these areas are mostly already privately owned, and their owners have no real idea of what they could find in their lands.
edit on 17-8-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Yes you use a shovel and screen just like the old days I guess. They rent the whole set-up to you if you want from what I gather.

Sounds like a great way to spend some time with the kids.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Yes you use a shovel and screen just like the old days I guess. They rent the whole set-up to you if you want from what I gather.

Sounds like a great way to spend some time with the kids.

Well, if that is the case, and if anyone wants to, and can go there I could give you some really good advice for a price as well to better your chances of finding something.
As it is now I can't do any proper search for diamonds or other precious minerals because of my injury.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
You can dig and they will rent a complete outfit. However shade is sparse and it can get really hot.

SOme folks get diamond fever and have a difficult time leaving. My wife spent a long time and got a nice collection of quartz out of it.

They do have a park ranger who will look over your findings and point out any diamonds for you.

They plow the park routinely and so the rate of finding is about the same now as when the park opened.

All in all a lot of fun, and yes some folks who are very dedicated have earned their living there.

(There is a small charge to get into the dig...)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
If you like digging in the dirt - this is a great place to drop in for a bit of hunting!

I've only been able to make it there once, but it was once of the most enjoyable four hours I've ever spent playing in the dirt and mud and examining stones.

Highly recommended!

top topics

join