It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confessions Of A Dark Sorceror

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePunisher
most excellent thread majic.

[edit on 29-10-2004 by ThePunisher]

I take that statement back, and for those that read the thread i think it was more of a deception/trickery thread.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Now why do you think that now?

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It Came From Beyond The Page

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange æons even death may die.

-- Abdul Alhazred, The Necronomicon

ThePunisher carefully opened the dust-covered, moth-eaten grimoire believed to be bound in human skin and began reading from it aloud, intoning in a dread voice which only hinted of the hoary iniquity contained within the tome's accursed pages.

A shadow fell over AboveTopSecret.com as a beast more ancient than the firmament and terrifying beyond the feeble capacity of the human mind to comprehend rose from the mouldering, foetid, malodourous depths of the Paranormal Studies forum.

His eyes alight with supernal frenzy, ThePunisher held the thick, mephitic librum aloft and shouted shrilly through a penumbra of impenetrable tenebrosity punctuated by crashes of thunder:

"Behold! The Confessions of a Dark Sorceror!"

...and here I am.

Whom doth disturb the timeless slumber of my dread magnum opus? ^
^

Sorcery, Fantasy Or Trickery?

Actually, I still find this whole subject fascinating, especially with the benefit of some time having passed.

Did I start this thread with the intent of deceiving or tricking anyone?

Nope.

I readily confess that much of it has a Lovecraftian flavor to it, but that's because I am an undying fan of Lovecraft and his work. His style has influenced my writing since I first read (and re-read countless times) his many works as a boy.

So when writing of something like sorcery, you can expect me to apply some poetic license. After all, when don't I?

Geez, just read any of my other posts. Yes, there's a pattern.

I Know What You Did Summer Before Last

I think I disclaimed things adequately enough in the thread. I mean damn, if you missed them somehow, you may want to start over and read it again.

To recap some key points:

1. The things I claim as fact in this thread are fact. I dabbled in Wiccan magic long ago, seem to have inadvertently gotten in over my head and, amidst a growing pile of ultimatums from my wife at the time and my own realization that something was terribly wrong after seeing a shadow on the wall, gave up the practice.

2. During the course of this thread (which was originally intended to get some of this off my chest after so many years of not talking about it and harboring some unfair prejudices toward Wicca, more than anything), as an apparent consequence of revisiting some of my old exploits, some new exploits took place.

3. I reported these exploits as honestly as I could, and in some parts of the thread, I reported them almost in real time.

4. All the experiences, spiritual and otherwise, which I described in this thread were absolutely real to me. Whether they correspond to some sort of universal objective truth, I don't know. But they were real to me, were meaningful to me, and remain very much so to this day.

5. I first met up with fellow ATSer Paul_Richard in this thread, and continue to maintain an association with the Society of Light. As a skeptic, of course, I don't necessarily agree with everything Paul may say, but he is unquestionably a capable and experienced mystic whom I hold in high regard. I intend to learn from his example as long as I may.

6. Though I don't make such a big deal of it these days, I continue to meditate very frequently. Indeed, meditation has become an intrinsic part of my life, and I incorporate it into virtually everything I do. I recommend it highly, and in particular the Heart Chakra Radiance techniques espoused by the Society of Light. Very, very helpful for anyone, in my opinion.

7. I am still very much fascinated with this subject and continue to study a wide variety of sources related to it. I am finding the process to be very rewarding and stimulating.

8. Since I am known to be bipolar (I've tended to be rather close with that information in the past, for reasons I hope can be understood), skeptics may reasonably dismiss all this as delusion or psychosis associated with a manic episode. Not only am I not offended by that suggestion, but I offer it myself. Maybe I'm just a maniac, and that's all this is. No harm, no foul. However...

9. Being crazy doesn't make me wrong.

10. As noted in my Yoshiel exploits, I personally think the whole prophet business was self-delusion on my part. I also wouldn't be surprised if all of this is. Maybe I am hopelessly deluded. Maybe all of us are.

11. Nonetheless, I still find the "supernatural" experiences cataloged here intriguing, and if nothing else, they provide insight into myself to a degree rarely found in written form. Truly, I called it like I saw it, and whatever opinions others may have of all this, I am proud that I did.

12. I am perhaps a little ashamed of some of the personal disclosures that exist in this thread, and how it may be nothing more than a window into the mind of a madman, but I do not regret this thread and, in fact, consider it to be one my finest contributions to ATS.

13. As documented above, several members expressed a desire that this thread be laid to rest, and I respected those wishes. However, I am more than willing to discuss any aspect of this story and its contents if anyone wants to, either in this thread or a new one.

Post-Epilogue

I hope that sums up my position reasonably well, but as mentioned, I am very much open to questions and discussions of anything contained in this thread.

Hmm. Now that it's been brought up, I think I may want to read through it again myself. Or at least skim through it.

Something that's bugged me about my posts here is the presence of all those question marks which replaced my curly quotes as a consequence of an ATS database migration. As I find time, I think I'd like to clean those up, if that wouldn't be considered misuse of my moderator powers in this forum.

As for the content itself, despite my neurotic perfectionism and possible embarrassment over some of it, I wouldn't want to change a single word.

Let history, and my fellow members, judge me as they will.

[edit on 4/9/2006 by Majic]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Now why do you think that now?

TheBandit795,

There is research on the internet that says that these New Age Religions are Deceptions, here is part of a write up from a conspiracy site.

"New World Order or Occult Secret Destiny?

The New Age Movement and Service to The Plan

The New World Order as envisioned by the Elite is hardly a recent undertaking. Theirs is a philosophy rooted in ancient occult traditions. Success is near, and the infiltration of society by New Age occultism is the reason for this success. The New World Order has never been solely about world government, rather, from the beginning its proponents have been privy to secret doctrines and it is a spiritual plan more than anything.

www.conspiracyarchive.com...

[edit on 19-8-2006 by asala]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
A Blueprint For Destiny

Robert Heironomus says that "America's Great Seal may be seen as a blueprint for the elevation of consciousness. It says, in part, that we must transform ourselves before we can change the world, and that it is during the process of self-transformation that we can catch a glimpse of what part we are to play in national and global transformation."

The mandala of the New World Order and Illuminati control. "Annuit Coeptis—He has Blessed our Beginning", "Novus Ordo Seclorum—New Order of the Ages". The All-Seeing Eye of Horus, the resurrected Egyptian Sun God, biblically refered to as Lucifer, the angel of light.

In occult doctrine it is thought that "from the union of spirit and matter (the pyramid is made of stone, rock, and earth—and represents the unconscious. The capstone is made of an immaterial substance—light or spirit—and is conscious), a new being—a transformed being—is created. The seal's reverse depicts a separation state in the separation of the eye the triangle."

Full article from this link www.conspiracyarchive.com...

[edit on 19-8-2006 by asala]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Magic is inhereted gift you cant read it to understand it.

True runic patterns are variable and indistinguisable from other patterns unless you know the basics of quanary mathmatica. Only some that understants quantom variability of the multiverses can understand true runic representations of the said universal constants of the foundations of first 4 dimensions of our universe. If you cant distinguish the differen subatomic patterns of even the simplistic 3 dimensional representation of the sublevels of multidemensionality of said quantom restrictions based upon an objects subatomic construction of sub intergers of quantom representations of these patterns would you even be able to perceptualy grasp these ideas would you even have a clue in the first place.

Remember no axis has an x or a y in space only a z for locationary identifcation for a four demenional refractory representation of a "true" object of symitry in the universe to say otherwise would be like saying x and y need to exist for z to exist.

Wicca? No it means nothing you wasted your time with a ilogical veiw of the quanomic variables of your said perceptions.

To understand true quanomic runes you would already know them by heart and if you saw variations of other true symbols you would be able to chose the correct ones from the wrong ones.
Im sad to say if you read something written by a human logic then you were completly wasting your time.

And no rituals dont create magic they take to much time. You either have the biological capacity to recombobulate matter and energy or you dont.

If you had to read books then obisouly you were on a wild goosechase. Please dont dable into things you dont have the capability of perceiving you only hurt yourself in the process and look foolish to those around you because mentally you just are incabable of understanding these variables as provin my your limited knoweldge of mytholical magic truely is and deffinatly not something that you would ever read in a book simply because you would already know them in the first place.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Gift Rap

NOTE: This is a long reply, but hey, this is a long thread, so why not?

Originally posted by Sonata
Magic is inhereted gift you cant read it to understand it.

Perhaps not, but I don't see any reason we can't talk about it.

After all, that's what we're doing now, and if I'd never posted this thread for you to read and reply to, this discussion wouldn't be taking place.

Obscure Quanities

True runic patterns are variable and indistinguisable from other patterns unless you know the basics of quanary mathmatica. Only some that understants quantom variability of the multiverses can understand true runic representations of the said universal constants of the foundations of first 4 dimensions of our universe. If you cant distinguish the differen subatomic patterns of even the simplistic 3 dimensional representation of the sublevels of multidemensionality of said quantom restrictions based upon an objects subatomic construction of sub intergers of quantom representations of these patterns would you even be able to perceptualy grasp these ideas would you even have a clue in the first place.

I can't say that I am familiar with "quanary mathmatica" (nor is Google, apparently), but I do strongly suspect (and constantly sense) that there is much, much more to the universe than can be perceived with the "five senses".

As for which model best describes it, the universe/multiverse/All That Is is itself the only model which is truly accurate. Everything else is an approximation, and therefore will necessarily include some degree of error.

Which model is best or most suitable can only be reasonably determined by each observer.

No Rest For The Wiccan

Wicca? No it means nothing you wasted your time with a ilogical veiw of the quanomic variables of your said perceptions.

I know it's a very long thread, but I get the impression you either didn't read it all or somehow missed some rather significant developments.

I haven't practiced Wiccan magic for about a quarter century now (though I've been tempted), and it's arguable as to whether I ever really did (some Wiccans may understandably disagree on this point).

As for wasting time, that's a value judgment which I think -- as usual -- is best left to the observer.

In my case, I don't think it was a waste of time at all. I've learned a great deal about myself, if nothing else, and that is something I will always consider worthwhile.

Inhuman Logic

To understand true quanomic runes you would already know them by heart and if you saw variations of other true symbols you would be able to chose the correct ones from the wrong ones.
Im sad to say if you read something written by a human logic then you were completly wasting your time.

Would that include reading your post, or are you not human?

Discombobulated Recombobulation

And no rituals dont create magic they take to much time. You either have the biological capacity to recombobulate matter and energy or you dont.

Just because a baseball pitcher goes through his little rituals before each pitch doesn't mean he can't strike out a batter.

If someone does indeed have the biological capacity to recombobulate matter, I wouldn't presume to tell them how to do it.

The Curse Of Literacy

If you had to read books then obisouly you were on a wild goosechase.

The fact that you're asserting this via the printed word embodies an extraordinary level of irony, don't you think?

Don't Ask, Don't Tell

Please dont dable into things you dont have the capability of perceiving you only hurt yourself in the process and look foolish to those around you because mentally you just are incabable of understanding these variables as provin my your limited knoweldge of mytholical magic truely is and deffinatly not something that you would ever read in a book simply because you would already know them in the first place.

I'm used to looking foolish, so that's not going to discourage me from investigating whatever interests me.

Meanwhile, I hope you can understand why I would disagree with the idea that I shouldn't try to learn things simply because I can't perceive them or don't already know them.

That amounts to nothing more nor less than advocating perpetual ignorance. :shk:

Fear not, however. I remain committed to learning, regardless of anyone's objections, and intend to do so until my final day, whenever it may be -- hopefully a long, long time from now.

[edit on 8/19/2006 by Majic]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Quanary Variablistic a language complelty constructed based on the fundamental rules o the universe. Words completly contructed without any form of ideological representation. Google isnt the end all for information unless that where your research comes from. Of course you could type Quantom Dynamics and four point light refraction through attenuation ajustment and get some variables from google but would you know what to do with this said information and know how to organize it?

If you cant read a language how could you possibly understand a set of blueprints based upon the said language in the first place? Even something more what if the language was as alien to you as a forgein languague? Could you even recognize it if it stared you in the face?

You cant simply type in "magic" in a search engine and get a "magic" response.

If a star has four points of light wouldnt it not be representative of the center? Do you even need to know the four points to figure out the center or does the center simply just exist because it does?

No no books would be your guide but your source of information absolutly not. Secrets exist simply because they arent preceivable any other way.

Apearing foolish why would you even care anyway in the first place what others preceived of you? What only matters is what you truely beleave in your heart as long as it doesnt harm others in the proccess. If people want to critisize you I say let them. And for you I respect that quality.

[edit on 19-8-2006 by Sonata]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
So sorcery is real? Why don't we see it more out in the open, especially with so many movies glorifying the idea of the supernatural?

Does anyone have any suggestions on books to read? I do not want to practice it, but it would be interesting to learn about.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

First off, I would recommend anybody starting out to read Buckman's. Almost all teachers of Wicca say to read that book first. It's the most comprehensive, in fact I am again reading it just because I want to re-enforce my knowledge since it's been so long since I have read it. And secondly, all Wicca teachers would tell you that at no time should you ever do any kind of spell or ritual or meditation when angry or with negative thoughts. That's why when we cast a circle we always say "we enter in perfect love and perfect trust." And furthermore, you have to be really good at concentration because any other thoughts that creep in could cause negative or incomplete outcomes. I was lucky I knew people who have gone through the same thing to warn me of it before I started delving into it. I never had a teacher per se, but, most definately talked to others who were known to practice in my area. Not that before the practice I didn't have things happen that I caused just by thinking about them happening. Thoughts are things, this is also what wicca taught me. Wicca actually helped me into understanding how to control my thoughts to not let the negative influences enter. I needed it to reign in some of my natural talents. So in my case it did the opposite of your experience for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join