It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confessions Of A Dark Sorceror

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I usually don�t take naps during the day, unless I haven�t slept well the night before. Such nights are commonplace, lately. Today I took a nap.

This dream woke me up, and rather than forget it, and realizing that it probably relates to the subject of angels and my concerns about them, decided to not only write this down, but post it in rough form to the thread and maybe edit it later.

I dreamed I was the driver of a yellow school bus in the rain, picking up little school children in yellow raincoats. Strangely, the door to the bus was literally right next to the driver�s seat, such that I sat on the right instead of left (I�m in America), and the kids had to pass right under the steering wheel to get in.

They were very tiny little kids, cute as buttons all of them, and while I could hear them vaguely chattering behind me like kids on buses do, I never saw any of them actually talk, not do I remember ever being to able to look behind me into the bus itself.

It was raining very hard outside, and the traffic was dangerous. There were others of these little yellow school buses driving, and the little raincoat-wearing kids seemed everywhere -- standing properly on the sidewalk mostly, but some were walking out into the street to get on some of the buses, and there were cars splashing through the whole scene at dangerous speeds.

The streets were very wide with many lanes. It was frighteningly chaotic, I was sure some of these children would be hurt, and was trying to do what I could to make sure that didn�t happen. I kept trying to drive the bus as the traffic permitted -- there were no signals, it was all pretty free-form.

One little girl walked right in front of my bus, heedlessly through the dangerous traffic. I opened my door for her to get in, but she kept walking to another bus a few lanes to my right. A car came screeching/splashing to a halt, almost hitting her and some other kids by that bus. I began to feel frantic.

I had to get my bus to the curb -- and there were some children there who needed to be picked up. But the streets were literally awash with water, and the bus kept spinning around as I tried to control it. Now I was panicked.

As I became more afraid of this manic mess, and tried to control the bus, I felt the kids behind me grabbing me -- grabbing my back, holding on. It seemed like there were dozens of the little hands, grabbing on to me as best they could. But they were making it hard to steer, and the bus kept spinning in circles, out of control.

�Don�t touch the driver,� I said over my shoulder. The little hands kept grabbing me. �Don�t touch the driver!� I yelled, increasingly alarmed that they wouldn�t let go

�DON�T TOUCH THE DRIVER!� I screamed it at the top of my lungs. Some of them let go, but by now I was furious. Couldn�t they see we were all in danger?

Somehow, the bus spun around and finally came to a stop with the door next to a corner. Thank God! With the children still grabbing me, I decided we all needed to get off the bus. I would line those kids up on the sidewalk until they decided to behave!

I stepped out onto the sidewalk, with one of the kids still attached to me. I wrestled him of my back and set him down in front of me, a sweet little brown-haired boy who could not have been knee-high.

I looked him in the eye and said, �Why didn�t you let go? Couldn�t you see we were in danger?� He just looked at me in that blank way kids can, but it hit me then. �Were you scared?� He nodded silently.

At that moment I woke up. The dream left me very agitated and perplexed. It also left me feeling like I need to rest some more. I was really thrashing around in my sleep.

So there it is for now, I�ll return later and see what can be made of this.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well, so much for getting back to sleep.

Upon getting back in bed and relaxing into just that right position, what seems to be a �revelation� came to me significant and persistent enough to warrant dutifully getting back out of bed and belting out a quick post about it.

And here it is. I have been pondering and meditating on this matter for some days now, and it seems I have my answer. Sorcery lies in my path. No it�s more than that.

I am a Sorceror. (cue dramatic flash of lightning)

For good or ill, darkness or light, right or wrong, my destiny lies in communion with other spirits. I cannot be a �lone wolf�. This is not given to me to be.

I also am now beginning to realize that sorcery itself is neither good or evil, although my prior misfortunes had led me to question that, or at least whether or not it was right for me. Now I know.

Now I am almost certain that it is given to me to summon them for a reason, a reason that pertains to who I am, and who I am to become.

So be it.

Now, maybe I can get just a little rest, for crying out loud!

P.S. I have always preferred the more arcane spelling �sorceror�, but my spell-checker keeps changing it. I have forthwith �corrected� my spell-checker. With that affectation decided, maybe I�ll start using �magick�, too (also a spell-check victim).

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Re: Your dream.

I usually do not interpret dreams.

The buses are the belief systems of different people.
The children are the people who you teach to believe as you.
The danger is the inevitable collision of belief systems.

The rest I will leave to you.

Re: your path

Learn the nature of Pride, humilty, and love before you begin your journey.

Your dream and your path are closely connected.

[edit on 20-8-2004 by Raphael_UO]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Upon getting back in bed and relaxing into just that right position, what seems to be a �revelation� came to me significant and persistent enough to warrant dutifully getting back out of bed and belting out a quick post about it.

And here it is. I have been pondering and meditating on this matter for some days now, and it seems I have my answer. Sorcery lies in my path. No it�s more than that.

I am a Sorceror. (cue dramatic flash of lightning)

For good or ill, darkness or light, right or wrong, my destiny lies in communion with other spirits. I cannot be a �lone wolf�. This is not given to me to be.

I also am now beginning to realize that sorcery itself is neither good or evil, although my prior misfortunes had led me to question that, or at least whether or not it was right for me. Now I know.

Now I am almost certain that it is given to me to summon them for a reason, a reason that pertains to who I am, and who I am to become.

Just going to offer my opinion here.

You are correct sorcery is not necessarily bad nor good, depending on who uses it. But it has the power to corrupt a person. Users of it begin to see the power that it offers and they end up using it for purely selfish reasons. This is why I have always believed that the bible considers it "evil". Only people of very strong character (Jesus for example) can use it without being "corrupted". A want of power and pride are what most religious teachings preach against and practicing magick usually cultivates both (again depending on the person).

I'm going to be honest here, don't take any offense, this is just my opinion. After reading this thread and your last post, I don't believe you have a strong enough character to ignore the power that is offered. You need to realize that just because you casted a spell(s) doesn't mean you are special. It doesn't mean that you are meant to be a sorcerer as you implied in you last post, you just chose to take up that art. Anyone can do so if they so desire and put in the time. Seems to me that if you were meant to be a sorcerer you wouldn't have quit for 22 years. This thread just seems to be bringing up all of your past memories and you are remembering that "power" you had. It's luring you back. (Again that my opinion, just going by what I have read in your posts. Don't summon any spirits to beat me to a pulp. ..just kidding
)

2) I know where the Path of Light leads. It leads to growth, fulfillment, harmony and happiness. It is the only way I know of to ultimately become one with the Creator.

This is the lesson you were meant to learn from your short practice of magick, not that you were meant to be a sorcerer. As you clearly state in the above quote, love is all a person needs. It can take the place of all negative desires in a person. When love is truly felt and realized, magick becomes nothing more then a tool that one rarely uses.

If I were you I would continue to follow the lesson that I was taught. Continue following the Path of light and learning to love. Forget about magick. Until you truly learn to love, magick is nothing but another trap in a world that is already overflowing with them.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I've thought of going Wiccan when I was a teenager, but I'm afraid that I would not be able to resist the dark spirits.

I know someone who has a similar story to yours. She was constantly summoning spirits into her house. Out of fear of the results, she gave up witchcraft. Even today sometimes the spirits drop by and do stuff like throw her furniture around at night.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
You have grown, and you have seen the errors of the old ways....these are good things! It's takes a lot of humph to admit a wrong and it takes character and strength to grow and to change!!!!!!!

Blessings

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I some what feel im being conned for some reason not to bring any doubt upon this interesting thread i do truly feel enlightened from all that i have read.

I recently have had a run in with a strange creature i discussed it briefly in another thread. Conjured through thought and fiction, meddling i was. But to my surprise something did arise. It did bad for me i feel, all though not that i wished it to. Well not consciously. I don�t agree with the group entity, the thing i have experienced is singular. I would have to agree with that demons feed of hate. I believe that is what attracted it to me. Its still around but the less i hate the less i feel it. Reminds me of this.

A Native American grandfather was talking to his grandson about how he felt after a tragedy.
He said, "I feel as if I have two wolves fighting in my heart One wolf is the vengeful, angry, violent one.
The other wolf is the loving, compassionate one."
The grandson asked him, "Which wolf will win the fight in your heart?"
The grandfather answered, "The one I feed."

I believe in magic but as it has been said it should be used wisely. I hope some of the more fool hearted will take note of this lesson you have learned.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Thanks one and all for the responses, feedback and advice! You have given me much to consider, on top of a large plateful of things already set before me to ponder.

This afternoon was a strange one, with me fighting to get some sleep, and sleep coming fitfully as another afternoon storm passed, this time yielding a pleasant, cleansing rain over a period of many hours. While the rain fell and the wind blew outside, I drifted in and out of sleep before deciding to arise not long ago, after sunset.

Before seeking to address issues brought up by others in the thread, I think some general clarification may be in order.

�I am a Sorceror.�

I knew this sounded cheesy when I posted it, and I must confess to some tongue-in-cheek in my wording, yet it�s a succinct way of stating something I now know to be true. Yes, it does sound like dialog from a b-movie, and I am sure to anyone who has followed this thread such a statement must seem extraordinarily dumb. It may very well be, but bear with me, if you will.

I do indeed think a revelation has come to me, such as it is, and lest doubt drive me into its own madness, I will explore the space created for me by this. This business of angels is important, because a vital piece of a longstanding puzzle has finally fallen into place for me. Suffice it for now to say that certain spiritual choices in my family that I had previously spurned now make much more sense to me. But let�s get to some specifics�

The Bus Driver Dream

Originally posted by Raphael_UO
The buses are the belief systems of different people.
The children are the people who you teach to believe as you.
The danger is the inevitable collision of belief systems.

I like to say �Nothing is as it seems, especially in dreams.� Without going too deeply into all the details, and bearing in mind that I don�t know diddly squat about dream interpretation, I awoke with what I saw to be a very clear message from this dream.

I think the kids were angels, the bus was me, and the streets were the �world�, �spirit realm�, �life� or whatever. My relationship to the angels comes off as paternal in the dream, there is special meaning to that which I won�t publicly explore at this particular time.

On Character

Originally posted by dusran
I'm going to be honest here, don't take any offense, this is just my opinion. After reading this thread and your last post, I don't believe you have a strong enough character to ignore the power that is offered.

This is the kind of feedback I really like. Just to reiterate what I hope is a theme in this thread, not only do I not take offense to thoughtful criticism, but I appreciate it far better than you might ever know.

This very concern about my strength of character lies, I think, at the heart of this process for me. There is much more about my life that I have not included here, and character, both strong and weak, has played a key role in all the directions it has taken. I was going to launch into a vignette about that, but this post and thread already cover so much ground.

The short, short version: I know full well that any flaws in my character and integrity will be reflected in every spiritual endeavor. Lest my semantics seem mistaken, I also recognize that you are probably referring to simple strength of will, which can be considered a different thing, but which, in my mind, are part and parcel of the same thing.

At the risk of seeming to oversimplify things, I believe that a key difference lies in intent. Dark sorcery seeks to bend others to one�s will to gain power and cause harm. Light sorcery seeks the cooperation of others to gain knowledge and do good.

I know full well that I might be tragically mistaken, but I think I better understand my role in all this now, possibly better than those who may not have the benefit of having fallen and ultimately stood back up. There�s so much more to all this, but in due time.

On Youthful Wisdom

Originally posted by BiohazardMouse
I've thought of going Wiccan when I was a teenager, but I'm afraid that I would not be able to resist the dark spirits.

I would not wish to encourage fear, but this sort of fear seems well placed, if you were to ask me. If I had as much sense as you do, then the basis for this thread, and years of torment associated with it, would not have come to pass.

Lingering Spirits

Originally posted by BiohazardMouse
I know someone who has a similar story to yours. She was constantly summoning spirits into her house. Out of fear of the results, she gave up witchcraft. Even today sometimes the spirits drop by and do stuff like throw her furniture around at night.

It sounds like a very similar story, and probably not at all uncommon. If spirits are still dropping by, I interpret that as a sign that a door has been improperly left open in some form or another.

A relatively safe way to counter such things can be found in traditional religious prayers, such as Christian prayers (don�t take my �sheep� comment wrong, there are very good reasons structured religions exist!), if that is compatible. All traditional religions have formulas for driving away unwanted spirits, and that is not mere coincidence.

As in my case, she is well-advised to stay away from free-form spiritual practices until she is ready, if ever, to pursue them.

On Growth and Renewal

Originally posted by LadyV
You have grown, and you have seen the errors of the old ways....these are good things! It's takes a lot of humph to admit a wrong and it takes character and strength to grow and to change!!!!!!!

Grown I have, and life has taught me many things, but we both know that I have so very much more to learn! Here I am at another beginning, once more. Time has brought a small measure of wisdom and patience to me, and I pray enough to avoid repeating past errors. We will see. I can say that I am in no hurry to fall headlong onto my face again. My bones grow too brittle for that.

On �Being Conned� and Truth Versus Falsehood

Originally posted by kode
I some what feel im being conned for some reason [�]

Now this is truly my way of thinking! I urge anyone and everyone who reads this or anything else for that matter to never take anything at face value. I am not out to deceive with this thread, but that does not mean that deception cannot come of it! So I welcome and encourage all the doubt you can muster.

When I say �Don�t believe anything I post� -- the most important line in my signature and destined to be a permanent fixture of it -- I don�t mean that I am lying, but rather that you should never believe anything just because someone else says it is true. In fact, it is best to assume that what you are reading is false, and let the burden for proving it true remain with the author, where it belongs, instead of yourself.

Be a skeptic, compare what you read to what you know, and other sources. Look for flaws in the pattern. Be mindful of deception and agendas. And always, always, be ready to change your mind, ready to reject even longstanding and cherished notions that you may have thought were true.

Your journey toward Truth necessarily requires rejecting Falsehood every step of the way. Better to reject a truth as a lie than to embrace a lie as truth. Be merciless in your rejection of lies!

As I look back upon this thread I have asked myself if I am truly being forthright. I have a penchant for flowery words borne of a love for various sorts of texts, and I have been concerned that I might be embellishing things purely for literary or dramatic effect. Perhaps I have pulled some punches or omitted some crucial details, or conversely, inserted some that should not be there?

Though I have not seen any falsehoods in my reviews of my writings here, let�s assume, for safety�s sake, that they are rampant.

What I know without reservation, however, is that events I have described, ranging from those dark days in a small apartment long ago to my current struggle in choosing my path, are from the heart and as honest as I can make them -- again, subject to the constraints of privacy in a public forum and my peculiar literary affectations.

My need to be honest with myself about who I am is necessarily balanced in this narrative with the need to conceal my identity, for reasons I am sure are eminently clear by now. I have not, and cannot dare tell everything there is to tell about myself or my life. Not yet, anyway. Perhaps when I am stronger.

You may or may not be able to determine my sincerity here, and it is best to err on the side of caution. My worldview is my own, and may conflict in subtle ways with the worldviews of others.

My advice to all readers is to not take anything I have written at face value. The personal benefit I am gaining from writing this lies in self-examination more than anything else. I do not need the belief of anyone but myself to proceed down my path. So don�t feel in your mind that you owe me credulity, because you most certainly do not!

So assume all this is false, a fairy tale, perhaps. After all, I certainly write like a fairy tale author! Think then of this as a parable, if you will. From that, if anything stands as worth keeping as a truism in your sight, let it be your decision, and yours alone.

No matter what, you will never go wrong questioning everything!

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kode[/i

I believe in magic but as it has been said it should be used wisely. I hope some of the more fool hearted will take note of this lesson you have learned.

One must realize that magic (energy) just is like a gun just is...it can be used for good or evil...you can use a gun for food, to protect yourself, or you can kill someone with it...it is not the gun, it is is holding the gun.....same with energy.....you must know yourself before commanding energy.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Hi Majic,

Intent is indeed very important for it dictates one's spiritual focus.

There are common spirits that work individually to do harm, without being part of a Group Entity, but their energy level is such that the influence is relatively weak. The more powerful energies generally come from Group Entities.

Another facet of this whole situation which you may want to consider is that in the process of conjuring, you are emotionally/spiritually aligning yourself with a group consciousness in the discarnate dimensions which is providing you with that energy.

The lure is not just for power but for the feelings of telepathic unity and empowerment that come from the same Group Entity which gives you your conjuring ability.

Question...

The last time you did some magick, did you happen to tune in to the actual auric colors of the energies you were working with?

My Gift is that of Discernment and I intuit, as is symbolically represented in the recent dream you had, that you are aligned with an angelic Group Entity in the Mid Realms of Spirit. The yellow connection and the relatively benign focus are indications of that -- as the colors of angels or basically spiritual people on the Other Side are yellow and violet.

Reference this page on our Aura Evolution Scale.

Hence, this is not just a matter of you focusing yourself to use the energy only for good. It is also a strong telepathic influence from hundreds of people in the discarnate dimensions, astrally combined for the advantage of collective power, who want YOU to be their "angel prophet of sorcery."

All Group Entities want more power through more members. This is in stark contrast to the harder path of individually striving to become "a Light unto Oneself" (the path of The Original Creator who initiated The Big Bang) -- which is really the only way to truly spiritually progress.

If the Group Entity who wants to work through and around you were to increase in size to have millions of members in it, your Gifts would also be increased. You would find that you had a significant Gift of Healing and also the Gift of Manifestation; like Sai Baba in India and Jesus of Nazareth, you would be able to "create" food, jewelry, teleport small objects, turn water into wine, etc. The reason I put the word 'create' in quotes is because the source of the Gifts are from Spirit and not from oneself in the flesh.

So the real question now is not if you will use the energies given to you only for good, but if you wish to emotionally unite with that yellow angelic collective now and join them officially and directly after you return to Spirit.

The downside of joining a group consciousness is that it slows down your growth considerably. One cannot progress to a high spiritual level and stay there while being aligned with a Group Entity. The upside of doing so, which is easier and the path most prefer, is the perception of the energies through and around oneself, as well as feelings of telepathic unity and empowerment; these are very pleasurable and is exactly what is experienced by the membership of large Group Entities on the Other Side.

Majic, you are at a crossroads in your growth.

Will you stay on the path of a Prophet of Sorcery with more glory and power now?

Or have less power and less glory now (and much more after you leave the flesh) by being on the path of a God Realized Master?

Rut row...tough call. *L*

[edit on 21-8-2004 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
You will never know what somethings are unless you try it out yourself...
I, myself, always tried to avoid any kind of witchcraft, wicca, black magic, voodoo...ect...(dark powers)
One day, many years ago, I also wanted to try that area, because I had no idea about it...Once stepping into that world I recieved many bad vibrations and I did not feel good about myself, so...I knew that it was not my path...
"They will sell you a cookie that will taste very good, but, they do not tell you of what the cookie is made of"
Every human is a sorceror, most of us forget they are able doing these things, it's nothing bad at all IMO, it's a part of you, just like your eye's.
It's bad if you use it to harm others...
Majic, you was able to 'see', consider yourself blessed...
God has already forgivin you...

"We all have to walk true the darkness to get to a point where there is light"

*Love is the key*

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
The last time you did some magick, did you happen to tune in to the actual auric colors of the energies you were working with?

I picked this question out for a quick answer -- before looking at your color chart -- so it would not be influenced by anything but memory.

For the record, I haven�t done any sort of �formal� summoning (that I know of, anyway) in the sense of focusing on a symbol or whatnot since I last closed the pentacle** about 22 years ago.

That does not mean I have not prayed (a lot) or done what I consider basic things like blessings, setting wards around my house (no one enters my home without permission!), and, of late, explicitly inviting spirits of light into my home (inviting by statement of permission [i.e. they may cross the wards], not �summoning� per se, perhaps an academic distinction), but these things are more affirmations and expressions of will than summoning, in my opinion.

So the last time I �did some magick�, to the best of my knowledge, and in the sense I believe the question was asked, was about 22 years ago, using the pentacle.

I am now considering whether I would want to use a pentacle ever again, and my sense on this so far is �hell no!� There is too much memory wound up in that image, I think. I can still see it burning in my mind if I stop to think of it, to remember what it looked like back then, under the candlelight.

It is precisely those images in my mind that I am looking at when I answer Paul_Richard�s question about color, because the pentacle most definitely took on a distinct color as I stared at it, sometimes for hours, and I remember noting it then with fascination.

The color was a vibrant violet or reddish purple, and I attributed it then to the �vision purple� effect -- it looked sort of like an afterimage of the sun would, spotty and roiling on the salt crystals.

I thought it was an optical effect then, what you would naturally see when you have bright white against a dark background (in this case a darkly-stained coffee table) lit by candlelight.

I still think that color was an optical effect, so I am not sure if it really corresponds to anything more meaningful in terms of spiritual alignment.

I don�t remember seeing any other colors associated with those days, and, aside from when they appeared on the walls as shadows (my wife saw many of them, but I only saw that one that I know of), I don�t recall ever actually seeing a spirit appear.

Anyway, I just wanted to get that out before examining Paul�s and other posts in greater depth.

** I used to call it just a �pentagram� back in the day, but I guess the proper term for the symbol when it is encircled is �pentacle�, so I�ll try to stick with that term going forward.

Edit: Error and me, we go back a ways.

[edit on 8/21/2004 by Majic]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
(Just a public acknowledgment of a private thing.)

Mom, thanks for reading this, and for sharing a wonderful and unforgettable discussion on a very special day. My love is with you forever, as it has always been.

May love pave the path before you and drive all shadows away as your Golden Age dawns.

Remember to play!

[edit on 8/21/2004 by Majic]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
Majic, you are at a crossroads in your growth.

Will you stay on the path of a Prophet of Sorcery with more glory and power now?

Or have less power and less glory now (and much more after you leave the flesh) by being on the path of a God Realized Master?

Paul, you have given me a great deal to think about, and I am deeply grateful for your contributions.

While I will reserve judgment on the Zeta Reticuloid business for now (I often joke about �Beta Reticuloids� in UFO/alien threads, but hey), your observations regarding the nature of the spirit world and its doings have a ring of truth to them.

There is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that you are right about my being at a crossroads. I sense it with every fiber of my being. And yes, I will not deny that I harbor almost as many suspicions about �angels of light� as I do about �angels of darkness�.

Why do I get the feeling that we are fed upon like spiritual cattle? It�s a bit unnerving.

Perhaps more unnerving is that which you point out, that what I may really be contemplating is nothing less than a decision regarding the integrity of myself as a being.

To join a spiritual �guild� or go it alone? It�s a fundamental and profound question, and one for which I am not sure there is necessarily a right or wrong answer.

I have already bought into many of these associations in one form or another already, and posit that avoiding them entirely is probably impossible for any human being to do, since their influences pervade all aspects of our lives from start to finish.

There is a stirring in me to explore a more solitary spiritual path, but I must confess that the very notion of what may be �spiritual isolation� itself does give me a sense of unease.

But maybe personal spiritual integrity with well-defined boundaries of self need not be a lonely path. Perhaps, in fact, it may be the greatest adventure yet.

I must meditate and study this matter with patience, care and depth, that much is clear.

Without necessarily buying into the whole package, I will look more closely at the teachings of the Society of Light, as well as others who might be able to illuminate my thoughts on this topic, and see what shakes out.

Thanks for the advice and guidance!

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Paul_Richard: In a relatively short time, I find myself critically reevaluating my relationship with angels, and thank you for the impetus, as it seemed I may very well have been headed off a new precipice -- not necessarily into destruction, but into a deception nonetheless.

Truly, I sense that nobody works for free, even angels. I guess even the spiritual cosmos really does have minimum wage laws, after all.

So okay, I�ll let the little raincoat-wearing kids tend to themselves for the time being and place the �Prophet of Sorcery� job offer on hold. Maybe I can hold out for a better salary and perks, if nothing else. And vacation time, lots of vacation time.

Rather than running around attempting to look after the needs of others, I consider this my time to look after my own needs. I suppose I can save the universe later, when I can work it into my busy schedule.

The Society of Light (I�ll call it SoL for now) website offers an intriguing blend of things, although admittedly it�s an awful lot of stuff to take in. Much to chew on.

One statement on the SoL website poses a puzzle for me, however, and I hope you don�t object to discussion of these puzzles on this thread, which is evolving (or devolving) into a �Majic�s Spiritual Quest� thread.

Assuming you do not mind my asking, here�s a puzzle for me (from the home page):

�The Society Of Light is not a collective of combined discarnates or Group Entity (as with traditional religions and New Age philosophies), but over three-hundred individualistic Archangels (Saints in the Spirit). Many of which evolved into Sainthood when in the flesh and in service to The God Force.�

I am curious how, or if (to be more candid) the SoL truly functions as a society without being a Group Entity.

There appear to be hierarchies, paths for progression, mission objectives, perceptual conventions, memetic definitions and an overall raison d�etre incumbent to the SoL that, in my no doubt overly-simplistic view, do indeed constitute the hallmarks of a Group Entity.

While I suspect that a key distinction may be the assertion of individuality, I also see that element functioning in Group Entities as well. While they may work as a unit, the individuals do not seem to necessarily disappear or �lose themselves�.

Rather, and again this may be a point of misunderstanding for me, it seems that any group of conscious entities working in concert to achieve spiritual goals may well be considered a Group Entity. Is this incorrect?

So, to boil it down: How is the Society of Light not a Group Entity?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

So okay, I�ll let the little raincoat-wearing kids tend to themselves for the time being and place the �Prophet of Sorcery� job offer on hold. Maybe I can hold out for a better salary and perks, if nothing else. And vacation time, lots of vacation time.

Or you could lead them in the right direction from the safety of the sidewalk without the bus. It may take longer to get there, but it is safer.

[edit on 21-8-2004 by Raphael_UO]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Considering all that�s being discussed here, it seemed like a good time for me to talk to God again. So I did.

In the past, we�ve covered a lot of ground. God told me it is different for each of us, and that my own mind is the means by which He speaks to me, and therefore what we discuss really only has true meaning for me. But that won�t stop me from trying to relate some of it anyway, to give this discussion a little more context, if for no other reason.

In other words, I know this all sounds like crazy talk, and what follows is some pretty thick reading that is probably only relevant to me personally, but I�ve already admitted to being a dark sorceror and a psychotic lunatic, and this thread is pretty much about me anyway, so why not go all the way?

Composite Beings

One of the reasons Paul_Richard�s comments about Group Entities struck a chord with me is that in one of my more lively prayer sessions, God revealed to me that we are what I took to be �composite beings�, collections of life experiences that compose an overall spiritual entity.

It was in that session that God opened up so many things in answer to my questions that I felt like I was �losing myself� in all the information, and begged Him to stop. It was probably the single most profound spiritual experience I have had in this life. I never thought I would beg for ignorance!

The image I was shown in conjunction with the concept of the �composite being� looked like a ball of light with tentacles, each reaching to a different life experience. These experiences are not necessarily serial in nature, as there is no concept of time per se in the spirit world itself, only in the projections of the spiritual continuum that compose the realities in which we live conscious life, and to which most thought is constrained.

They span an unlimited number of universes, and the universes span an unlimited number of possibilities for variation in existence. There are some very wild alternatives to the way our universe works.

The lives at the ends of the tentacles are not necessarily aware of the body they are attached to, but the body is aware of all of its tentacles -- they are what composes it and makes it distinct. These entities appear to be truly immortal: they may lose one or more tentacles, but they are always growing new ones.

We humans, and all other conscious (and perhaps even unconscious) entities are facets of these beings, each of us at the end of a tentacle, and contributing our unique experiences and power to the �oversoul�, �higher self� or body at the center of the tentacles, if you will.

As these souls -- our souls -- grow in knowledge, they could conceivably approach absolute knowledge, however, God and the sum of all knowledge continues to grow also, exponential to the experiences of the individuals. Also, new entities are constantly being created on �whim�.

It�s like a Great Race, but the finish line is oblivion, I suppose analogous to Nirvana, where you become one with all but -- I presume -- no longer yourself.

The Growing God

Indeed, God is expanding at the �speed of thought� and is truly unable to stop growing or existing. The image of God I was shown is that of an instantaneous explosion of infinite possibilities that is forever expanding and growing in complexity.

There are no constraints on God, other than that the sum of all things created must, on all axes of definition, ultimately add up to Zero (the Principle of Balance). In other words, even God can�t get something for nothing, except His own existence, which is due to the fact that there was nothing in the Void that prevented it.

Without time or cause and effect, this stuff gets weird, but basically the reason God exists is because there is nothing preventing God from existing. God is That Which Fills The Void. Technically, there never was a Void, God has always existed (at least, as far as He knows).

God is not a �closed universe�, but truly eternal and able to do anything but cease to exist. It never ends, and it just keeps getting better!

Things happen, but cause and effect are not as rigid in the spiritual continuum as they are here. It�s like the world of our dreams, shifting and amorphous unless constrained by force of Will, which is a defining characteristic of each distinct entity.

Will is the coin of the realm, with the Will of God supreme and inviolate. There�s more, and I digress, but thought I would share some of my �insights� (opinions?) on the topic, while we�re here.

God the Group Entity?

The SoL notion of Group Entities reminded me of this model. God has told me that while he has a simple, fundamental consciousness with which virtually nothing else could relate or communicate, His consciousness is also expressed through the very existence of us. We are, in other words, neurons if you will in the Mind of God.

Of course, that�s a rather crude simplification of it, but I think it�s a fairly accurate rendering of the idea.

The Group Entities may or may not be analogous to the �composite being� -- my sense is that each such being, though composed of many life experiences, is still a distinct and individual spiritual entity, but this may be an incorrect assumption. Rather, God may very well have been showing me what SoL calls a �Group Entity�.

As a side note, ignorance truly is a gift to all beings, as it is what distinguishes each of us from God Himself. If each of us knew all there is to know, we�d cease to exist as individuals -- a death as certain as consumption by darkness (the ultimate ignorance). You can get too much of a good thing. Our place is between the extremes.

�Quantum Spiritics�

In any case, this notion of spiritual beings forming entities in various combinations is leading me to think in terms if spiritual �quanta�. While I myself reject the current quantum mechanical model in favor of visualizing all matter and perceivable energy as n-dimensional waveforms of energy (perhaps even spiritual energy), the quantum model has its advantages.

In the case of �Quantum Spiritics�, the operative idea is that there may, in fact, be some sort of building blocks from which spiritual entities are composed. Examinations of the ways in which these blocks are combined and interact would describe the nature of the intellectual exercise.

Just a thought. Since I am once more at the Beginning, I may as well see what kinds of cards can be laid on the table before I decide to ante up.

(Looks at camera): Yeah, I think this is pretty self-indulgent, too, but hey, I have a lot to think about over here!

Executive Summary Of This Post: I�m thinking about stuff.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raphael_UO
Or you could lead them in the right direction from the safety of the sidewalk without the bus. It may take longer to get there, but it is safer.

For now, I say: "Let 'em walk!"

There's too many of them to fit in my bus anyway, and it seems I have other cosmic fish to fry at present.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
There's too many of them to fit in my bus anyway...

But did you notice there is room for all of them on the sidewalk?

Walking does not require a complicated bus. The sidewalk is as simple as "God is. Love God. Live God."

Do not think just because the traffic is moving in one direction that the destination is also that way.

The natures of Love, Humility and Pride will teach you which direction to lead the children.

Take God's hand and let him lead you. Take a child's hand and lead them as you are lead.

Editted for proper progression of thoughts

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
It's clear that there are many competing options for me, as I stand in the marketplace of spiritual product offerings. Indeed, it�s a buyer�s market.

Many popular choices are available, many models with many options. But your mileage may vary, some restrictions may apply, see dealer for details.

As Morpheus so memorably told Neo in The Matrix, �Neo, sooner or later you're going to realize, just as I did, that there's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.� Don�t I know it!

I may not necessarily be a real-life Neo, but as far as my own personal �Matrix� is concerned, I am the One. As with Neo, I am now faced with figuring out just what the heck that means, and what to do about it.

Many paths are set before me, and many have I already walked. The question is not �Which path must I walk forevermore?�

Rather, it is �Which path shall I walk next?�

There is no place of greater power than the Beginning. I must admit, I kind of like it here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join