It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunderson says there is a pact "at the highest levels" of the State Dept to downplay Fukushima.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

"All for the want of an onsite diesel generator. "

sorry that was Design Flaw,,number #2

Generators Should have been in a Secured and Safe Location,,as per the Building Codes in Place at the time.
The local building Codes were over ridden,
and
generators
were put
were
water from a tsunami,
which CAN
make it over PROTECTIVE WALL,
put generator on ROOF,, not at GROUND level
NO cant do that ,, thats were SPENT FUEL RODS GO!.
oppsss geee, no wonder they quit,, the ENGINEERS i mean,,,

EDIT SORRY TOO any ENGINEERS,, i meant QUIT,,
"oppsss geee, no wonder they quite,, the ENGINEERS i mean,," i changed it to what i meant,, and it does make a big difference between,,
quit
and quite
sorry.
my appoligies too those who quit,,
not those who are,

edit on 18-8-2011 by BobAthome because: sorry was upset ,,quite,,,means shhhh quit means,,,sorry

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Originally posted by Aeons
The USA doesn't own the international corporations.

No, the international corporations own them.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
My daughter was eating a fresh apple we just got from the store when she said "daddy look at this".

The seeds in it had started growing.

We also had some butternut squash and when I cut it open to throw on the barbecue grill, all the seeds started growing inside it.

Looking at the coconuts in the trees....they all have started growing WHILE THEY ARE STILL HANGING ON THE TREE. The stem from the coconut to the tree is even still GREEN....shouldn't be growing already.

There's going to be one heck of a failed crop. What are people going to do when they notice fruits and vegetables in the supermarkets are starting to GROW right there in the store?

Apparently gamma radiation can produce PG (precocious germination) and mutants in plant populations. In fact using gamma radiation is one way scientists study PG and produce mutant strains. I don't really know anything about this, just did a couple google searches for relevant studies.

Link
edit on 18-8-2011 by Wertwog because: added explanation

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by Aeons

And who owns the international corporations? A few elite families and bankers. You and I think because we might own a few shares we have some say in how these companies are run?

Let's be clear.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Well, absolutely not, unfortunately. Much like Democracy, it's a veil, you 'think' you have rights.

The whole system needs to be usurped and it seems there will be no peaceful way about it. WW3 may just be a war of the people vs the corporations, given the current schematic is 'the people of the middle east vs the US army and NATO'...soon it will be the general population, once everyone else wakes up to what is happening.
edit on 18-8-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Here is a couple of solutions.

1. Buy only American and Local.
2. Call the see something say something line and report Hillary for negligence.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Wertwog

Well, absolutely not, unfortunately. Much like Democracy, it's a veil, you 'think' you have rights.

The whole systme needs to be usurped and it seems there will be no peaceful was about it. WW3 may just be a war of the people vs the corporations, given the current schematic is 'the people of the middle east vs the US army and NATO'...soon it will be the general population, once everyone else wakes up to what is happening.

Well the US isn't a democracy. It's a Republic. The States are supposed to have more power than the fedGov. In most countries, like Canada which is a democracy (sort of), the State/Fed Gov tells you what rights you have, but in the US, your rights are guaranteed in the constitution as being given to you by God. They are 'unalienable', meaning the Feds, the State, or anyone else can't take them from you, you are born with them. This is important because if you are born with something it is like your body, you hold these rights no matter what anyone else says or does. There is no other country on earth where this is the case. That is why the US constitution is such a powerful and important document. The founding fathers of the states anticipated tyranny, they had escaped from countries that were fascist, they ensured that every citizen had these rights enshrined in that amazing document.

Being a Republic, the mob does not rule in the States. Rights of minorities are enshrined in the constitution, and this makes it far different from a democracy where majority does rule, and sometimes wrongly. The FF understood that the masses can be wrong. They can be manipulated into supporting tyranny. At least, that is how the US constitution is supposed to work, to protect the minority view.

That is why if your federal government in the US is acting against your rights, against the people, you as a FREE person with these rights you were born with, have the right to bear arms to protect yourself and the constitution. When you look at the document it's remarkable, I wish every country on earth had such a well thought out protection of basic rights and freedoms.

Currently the US government is being bought and subverted and is acting against the people, and so is my own government and many others globally. This is just one act among many I think. Sheriffs are sworn an oath directly to protect the constitution and are supposed to take their power directly from the State over their county. Cities and the Feds are trying to squash the sheriffs because they also want to subvert the constitution.

When my government fails to protect me against impending death I can only think of one way to respond, resistance by every peaceful means I can think of. I really hope people do wake up because this is pretty appalling and most don't even know what is going on or what their rights are. I'm not even an American and don't have my rights enshrined like you do. I don't have the RIGHT to bare arms guaranteed anywhere. I don't have the RIGHT to free speech other than what my government says and it can be taken away. In the States, these rights can't be touched by the Feds or the State... at least that is how it is supposed to work and if people keep letting their freedoms get taken away by the Feds who are wrecking havoc on the constitution - aim to destroy it I think, then these guarantees will evaporate.

Clinton signs a deal knowing the radioactive food will be imported and consumed by Americans and actively suppresses national radiation monitoring during the largest nuclear crises the world has ever known. It's a criminal act declaring war on the American people as I see it.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Wertwog because: slight correction

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Great response, and yes, the constitution represents wonderful achievements at one point in history, but it seems to mean nothing now. The 16th amendment wasn't even ratified properly and still became one.

I'm also not american. I am like you, part of the Commonwealth. Australian.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
My daughter was eating a fresh apple we just got from the store when she said "daddy look at this".

The seeds in it had started growing.

We also had some butternut squash and when I cut it open to throw on the barbecue grill, all the seeds started growing inside it.

Looking at the coconuts in the trees....they all have started growing WHILE THEY ARE STILL HANGING ON THE TREE. The stem from the coconut to the tree is even still GREEN....shouldn't be growing already.

There's going to be one heck of a failed crop. What are people going to do when they notice fruits and vegetables in the supermarkets are starting to GROW right there in the store?

If this is true, I have an idea what is happening. It is the same idea I have for why the trees in an area with a sudden burst in radioactivity start putting out tons of pollen.

Sudden bursts of radioactivity aren't so uncommon that the longest living lifeforms on the planet haven't integrated some sort of survival mechanism to overcome them. There have been times when the Sun activity (maybe other cosmic events) have penetrated the atmosphere. Events that may have change the climate very quickly or significantly effected seasons.

These events have happened often enough, and lasted for long enough periods of time that organisms that could withstand such events had a significant selection advantage. The way that these organisms overcome the effect of the increased radiation, is to provoke reproduction. Put out more pollen, increase yields, and trigger seeding and sprouting. (increase in yields may not translate into an increase in consistent organisms)

This effect would explain what happened in Japan and Chernobyl, when the trees starting putting out tons of pollen.
edit on 2011/8/18 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

reply to post by Aeons

And who owns the international corporations? A few elite families and bankers. You and I think because we might own a few shares we have some say in how these companies are run?

Let's be clear.

And they are operating outside and above the laws of nations.

Taking your government down to deal with the extra-national amoral actions of corporations will only leave those corporations as the only standing government on the planet.

How's that idea grab you?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I never really know what to make of Gunderson, but if this is true...it's criminal.

I was just wondering about this yesterday. With the upcoming holiday season - are products made is Japan safe? I don't think so. If someone is unhappy that people think that - then prove us wrong and put our minds at ease.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Ignorance has been going on forever. War is ignorance. Everybody can agree that war has a rationale moral purpose, but not everybody agrees that it is a net positive for the world. That's where the ignorance is and that's how war kills. Over 200,000 people died between 1995 and 2005 from coal power in the US alone. The american diet and lifestyle is cancerous and leads to obesity. The world economy is a joke. It's a game where each team can play by its own rules and still win or lose. The news media is a business that deals in sensationalism more than it's a seeker of knowledge. The list goes on forever. One just gets tired when they go over it. It inevitably leads to apathy and shutting off. This is the way it has always been and will always be.

It's part of getting old. This is why we die. We die because we collect so much garbage in our body and mind that moving forward would be a waste of energy. That's why we produce children. We could never survive the future, it would be too expensive. We can't change fast enough because of all of the garbage we've collected in our lifetime. It's the nature of things.

Sometimes I think that death is like eternal sleep. If we never slept, we would take the previous day's worries with us into the new one. It would be increasing anxiety... Our destiny would be to die soon after. Each new day that we wake up we're a little different from the day before. That's like death. When a child is born, it's like us when we wake up from a long night of sleep.

And life is like small hills and valleys in larger hills and valleys. The weeks and months and years of experiences start to shape longterm memories. And just as a day will collect anxiety, a life will collect anxiety in the form of the memories and habits we have. So, it comes to a crescendo, and then we lie down and we go to sleep forever. Our children are us, just after a long, restful sleep.

I admire people who fight. But a lot of it's paranoia and unproductive. Some is just futile. Some is productive, but the best fighters don't spill blood or kill or destroy, they produce and create. It's in the creation of new things that is our hope. Because in new things there is a fresh start.

Fear is rooted in denial of death. If you can overcome that, you'll have the greatest power. But that power should be used to produce and make new things, not to be a fool.
edit on 18-8-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Some corporations are using tactics of war on national governments. They are using people, like us, as weapons.

They are happy to have convenient fall guys for their failures. You and I, and our governments.

Destroying your government doesn't IMPROVE your lot. It gives them an open field in which they become the defacto governments.

Playing two sides against the middle. That's what's happening.

Destroying everything doesn't work for you. Destroying just corporations that are acting as global oligarches doesn't work. Destorying your government doesn't work.

Giving the governments of the people the latitude of action to allow them to function on a global level to regulate, encourage and give consequences to these corporate pirates who are using YOU as a shield while you actively engage your interest in politics....that works.

Your plans don't work - your plans decrease your power and leave only religious leaders and corporations in charge. (shudder)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Some corporations are using tactics of war on national governments. They are using people, like us, as weapons.

They are happy to have convenient fall guys for their failures. You and I, and our governments.

Destroying your government doesn't IMPROVE your lot. It gives them an open field in which they become the defacto governments.

Playing two sides against the middle. That's what's happening.

Destroying everything doesn't work for you. Destroying just corporations that are acting as global oligarches doesn't work. Destorying your government doesn't work.

Giving the governments of the people the latitude of action to allow them to function on a global level to regulate, encourage and give consequences to these corporate pirates who are using YOU as a shield while you actively engage your interest in politics....that works.

Your plans don't work - your plans decrease your power and leave only religious leaders and corporations in charge. (shudder)

Aeons, corporations didn't sign this deal. The State Dept did. If your government fails to protect your rights they need to be held accountable and/or replaced. Period.

Corporations are owned by elite families and bankers and it is those folks who are attempting to subvert our elected governments. If governments become corrupt and subverted they need replacing, just like you would replace a burned out light bulb. We do not have the power to remove these families, but we can control our governments.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The Radiation is there. It isn't going away because your bureaucracy signed something.

The radiation was caused by a significant failure in a government and a corporation that are across the ocean from you.

No amound of legislation, bureaucracy, and fist waving is going to change the fact that JAPAN and TEPCO are did this. Nor will the environmental agencies of your country be able to do anything to effect their clean up and arresting of it.

Replacing some convenience store clerks in Walmart won't change the way that your grocery store stocks shelves.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The Radiation is there. It isn't going away because your bureaucracy signed something.

The radiation was caused by a significant failure in a government and a corporation that are across the ocean from you.

No amound of legislation, bureaucracy, and fist waving is going to change the fact that JAPAN and TEPCO are did this. Nor will the environmental agencies of your country be able to do anything to effect their clean up and arresting of it.

Replacing some convenience store clerks in Walmart won't change the way that your grocery store stocks shelves.

So let me get this straight. The Government signs a deal allowing radioactive imports into the American food supply and prevents the EPA from testing (or at least publishing) for radioactivity, thus not only allowing Americans to be poisoned but preventing them from knowing about it. Your response to this criminal act is to do nothing and worse, advocate for others to do nothing.

Who do you work for?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
There is nothing TO do, the CAUSE of the radiation isn't going to GO AWAY because you find it problematic.

There is no bureaucratic solution to it.

The levels are higher, and will remain so for the foreseeable future.

No number on a piece of paper will change that.

Unless you deal with the cause, that isn't going to stop.

The imaginary border around your country isn't recognize by any treaty with radiation particles.

You won't be able to change the REASON for the increased radiation by removing your government. Your government is only RESPONDING to a situation. They don't CONTROL the situation.

See the difference?

Now....getting your government and my government to stop pretending that Fukishima is a Japan local problem and that they can and should be threatening Japan and TEPCO to fix it and start showing the world that they are doing so or face sanctions. THAT I agree with.

These "accidents" are not taken anywhere near seriously enough, and the innovation for solutions is compromised by the fact that the nations of the World are so busy playing down and hiding the extent of the problem that innovation is impossible.

This is unacceptable.

This is not fixed by destroying your government. All that will do is leave the GEs and TEPCOs of the World without any guiding factors, and they have only one over-riding mandate...to make money. And giving a god damn about your health doesn't factor AT ALL into that.

Cut off your nose to spite your face. That's your solution.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

There is nothing we can do about the radiation that is here and getting blown over from Fuku, but we don't need to IMPORT it in our FOOD.

That is what this thread is about.... the US government signing a pact to knowing import radioactive food into the US food chain.

Do you get this? By signing this pact the US Government is ACTING AGAINST the US people and by doing so actively killing them. It is a criminal act.

They didn't have to sign this pact. They could be testing and preventing imports of this food right now. Understand? Why would we want to do nothing and not act to remove a government THAT IS TRYING TO KILL US? If someone was pointing a gun at your head who had sworn to protect you what would be YOUR response? Wait. I think I know. Let them shoot you because the gun manufacturers are controlling them.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Wertwog because: fixed something

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Hear hear! Well said and to the point sir! A star for you. We just have to wait for Aeon to get UP to our level and fully understand what the OP is actually about. Hopefully this thread is now back on track.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
When will the insanity in our government ever stop?! I'm speechless! I want to cower in a corner now. When I come back to my senses I will start getting really pissed off. Then I'll get determined to do something more than I have been. The time truly is now.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join