It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicious activity prompts investigation at Echo Dam

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CeeRZ

In the event of dam failure, approximately $4 billion in property and project benefits could remain exposed to increasing risk over time.

So somebody can come in and buy up that property cheap?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

Mr Sorros per chance?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This could be a false flag just to get people more wound up so TPTB can have a reason to set up check points and crap.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
This could be a false flag just to get people more wound up so TPTB can have a reason to set up check points and crap.

I wouldn't put it past them. But again - Echo is a bit of an innocuous place to do it. Only reason I even cared to look at the article is because of my family and the fact I live downstream from it.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

So there it is... tell me what you think?

www.ksl.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I think I'm wondering what the other guys people didnt see were doing while everyones attention was focused on these guys.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

Very interesting story. Initially it didn't seem to make sense to attack such a minimally important target as a earth-and-rockfill embankment dam. But after expending a little more thought on the matter, I determined that there are actually some good reasons to use the reservoir as an attack platform.

If a terrorist were to simultaneous detonate dirty-bombs (DB) at both the North and South ends of the reservoir the attack could have an enormous nationwide impact:

1. At the South end of the reservoir is the dam. The explosive impact of the DB will take out the dam and the hydroelectric generation capacity.
- This would result in a very sudden change in the amount of power available on the grid. As we saw with the Northeastern US power outage a few years ago, one small electric utility caused a cascade failure in the grid that caused loss of power to several million people. Even a localized cascade failure would likely impact Salt Lake City. Ironically the best time to attack the grid in this manner is late at night when there is less spare capacity to handle such major changes.
- The DB poisons the reservoir and the dam collapse releases the radioactive water in an uncontrolled fashion. The river would take this poisoned water downstream to other reservoirs. Along the way, much of the irrigated land that depends on that water supply would be contaminated by the radioactive water. This denies access to that property for quite some time.
- Once other reservoirs become contaminated, the entire Salt Lake City metropolitan area would be denied sufficient water to function.
- Collapse of the Salt Lake City infrastructure has enormous economic impacts including the loss of the use of an International Airport.

2. At the North end of the reservoir is the intersection of Interstates 84 and 80. Given the proximity of the reservoir to the intersection, a DB detonated at that end would cause radiological contamination of that road section.
- Interstate 80 is a major corridor that connects California to the Great Lakes. If that corridor is interrupted at this point, detours would cause overloading on other highways that are not designed to handle that level of traffic. Slowdowns mean more fuel wasted and greater transportation costs.
- Any attempts at evacuating SLC would be hampered by the loss of the Northeastern Interstate route.

3. Presumably the DBs would be detonated at a water depth that would allow the greatest possible distribution of water into the air and onto the land that surrounds the reservoir. The prevailing lower level winds would carry the contaminated water over an even wider area. All vegetation becomes permanently radioactive, underground water system become contaminated.

4. While it may not be affected, the current jet stream is running directly over this part of Utah and is experiencing strong wind gusts.

Summary:
- SLC is crippled.
- International commerce is hampered.
- Wide area power outages.
- Mass evacuations hampered by loss of evacuation routes.
- Permanent radiological effects on a significant amount of territory including agricultural land.
- Interruption of a major shipping and travel corridor.
- Possible contamination entering the jet stream, affecting the entire East Coast of the US.

Now here's the good part. If the dirty bombs were replaced with small nuclear weapons.
- The amount of water and other contaminated material propelled into the atmosphere is increased exponentially.
- In addition to the water, super heated steam is also created by the detonation.
- Given the location of the jet stream and its current activity level, there would be no doubt about contamination being carried aloft to other parts of the country.

Now here's the better part. Even if the contamination levels are within tolerable limits, the public mindset will likely cause them to avoid the water. The terrorist don't actually need to attain the destructive levels that I've detailed here, all they need to do is to instill the fear that these destructive effects are real.

NOTE: If this sounds like the plot of a good disaster movie, then great. When the motion picture is released, please make sure to comply with the Above Top Secret terms and conditions of use.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Yes - including one of the largest Air force Bases in the US

If the dam has the normal curved wall, it could be used as a large reflector for a radio listening post (which would not be against the wall of the dam, but at the focus of its curve).
edit on 16/8/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. I was just going to check Goog Earth to see if the parabolic side face Hill AFB.
Nope, just checked, it won't happen. But taking out several dams in that area would make problems for some of our DUMB's
edit on 17-8-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
The 10 year anniversary of 9/11 is coming up, maybe the government is planning another false flag attack to get the people back on board with wars? Suspicious "foreigners" might be called Al Qaeda "terrorists", and the media will pound us with the fear and get us in favor of either continuing the current wars or entering new ones.

Just a theory.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join