It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Iowa Straw Poll Mystery – Missing Votes – Did Ron Paul Actually Win?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Federal Jack reports:

The official number of votes counted in the 2011 Iowa Straw Poll is 16,892. The general breakdown of the total is as follows:

4823 – Michelle Bachmann
4671 – Ron Paul
2293 – Pawlenty
1657 – Santorum
1456 – Cain
718 – Perry
567 – Romney
385 – Gingrich
69 – Huntsman
35 – McCotter

Ok, so let’s add up the votes (4823 + 4671 + 2293 + 1657 + 1456 + 718 + 567 + 385 + 69 +35 = 16,674). But wait a minute, the total votes counted were 16,892 right? So, of the total votes counted in the Iowa Straw Poll amounting to 16,892. The ten candidates listed above garnered 16,674. Well that leaves 218 votes unaccounted for.

So where did the remaining 218 votes go?

Good question Jack.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I believe many of those were scattered votes.

I don't recall the exact number that was stated though.

IIRC something around 152 scattered.
edit on 8/16/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

Okay, it was 162 according to www.cnsnews.com...

Still some are missing though... (According to the the math in your OP)
edit on 8/16/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Hmmm...

I was thinking that maybe those 'leftovers' were write-ins but, if that is case, why is Rick Perry up there with his 718 write-in votes and not the others?

Hmmm...

link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

Yeah something like 56 votes are missing from the total if we assume that "scattering" votes for write in candidates took up the remainder.

I would like to see a full published list of all votes by the poll operators.

link   
Write in votes would be my guess. There are probably many of those that they don't bother reporting on. Like Homer Simpson.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
If adding in the scattered votes it accounts to 16836. This means that there are only 56 unaccounted for votes. Even if all of those were for Paul, he would still lose the straw poll.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1I would like to see a full published list of all votes by the poll operators.

Ha! Good luck with that.

Good luck finding who even counted them.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

This may be the answer.

Stephen Colbert ran a couple of ads, funded by his superpac, in Iowa encouraging voters to write in the name Rick Parry, (misspelled, with the "a" instead of the "e" in Perry). He claimed that he could not find out the number of votes so cast - and comically asked for an "investigation."

My guess the only conspiracy here is to avoid feeding Colbert's comedy.

edit on 8/16/2011 by Open2Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It's a freaking straw poll.

It means nothing.

Let's just give the Iowa Straw Poll to Ron Paul, so his supporters can stop whining.

You Ron Paul people are something else.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
It's a freaking straw poll.

It means nothing.

Let's just give the Iowa Straw Poll to Ron Paul, so his supporters can stop whining.

You Ron Paul people are something else.

If he won, could you imagine the reactions from the Bachmann supporters?

Might want to consider taking off those 'tunnel vision' glasses for a little while.

By the way, who the hell do you support anyway? Anyone, or do you just support your own opinions?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

He probably supports the guy that has set record breaking defense budgets and launched a new war in Libya.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
To let this go with out getting sorted out is setting a bad example for the vote counting to come. If any bad people, machines or systems are found now it is less to deal with latter when the counts get more critical.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Is it fare to say that something fishy is up with the mainstream media totally ignoring RP's positive numbers/results for the past 2+ months? Don't you see how big this is? It is total mass manipulation to the core, the media is not delivering true complete stories, period!! Incorrect news needs to have a zero tolerance stance. You deliver false/incomplete information, then a public apology aired numerous times for a week needs to be inforced.

Note that this lack of integrity by the mainstream media can happen to whomever you support.

Even Jon Stewart totally mocked the media on how they treat RP, both CNN and FOX...

I hope you understand where RP supporters are coming from...

RP 2012

new topics

top topics

join