It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul on Fox News 8/16: I'm Trying to Change the Course of History

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RoguePhilosopher

And I'd like to see all poor people who have liters of children sterilized that's a long way from doing that myself and that's what you should realize. Desire and action are not the same.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Ron Paul will win the presidency. The success we are currently witnessing will draw more attention to him, and by the time the elections roll around, he will have far more supporters than he does now. This will happen because Ron Paul's integrity comes through in his words. He speaks to us as a human being, not a politician. He avoids bi-partisan bickering. He deserves our support.

The "sleeping giant" is awakening....and the voters are going to speak loudly and clearly in 2012.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

Don't forget that Fox considers itself to be non-mainstream.
It's a fantasy, but they perceive themselves that way.
Especially Hannity, on Fox, and on his Radio show. He actually pushes the perception that MSM is THEM.
And WE aren't THEM.. Quite a parlor trick that many of his followers believe.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
America, you are sick. I'm afraid the only prescription that would work is Ron Paul.

edit on 17-8-2011 by conar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
For those of you who say Ron Paul isn't electable, just remember, it was only two years ago they said the Tea Party members were unelectable because they were too fringe. How did that work out?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

There is nothing wrong with that. I hate this hatred for the media and this conspiracy that Fox, CNN, etc dont report on things for some sort of gain. Let's face it Paul has never really had anything going for him until now, and that's why the media has started to pay attention.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron

Originally posted by DaMod
You know my favorite answer there was in re: to Iran...

Israel as 300 nukes.. Iran isn't suicidal!!

And he's right.. Iran nuking Israel would be suicide...

Exactly... I have to think and weigh options when thinking about whether Iran would even nuke Israel.

I have NO doubt that Israel with nuke Iran. It's pretty clear they would exterminate all Iranians if given the chance. And I'm afraid Iran is not alone in that boat.

Khar

The fear is that Iran would not come out and launch at Israel. They would supply a group with small dirty bombs that could be placed around the country. Booom, booom and boom. No launch no finger prints. Iran would say the Afgans or Pakies did it.
None of it matters anymore, its to late the cat is out of the bag.

RP needs as many Republicans to stay in the race as possible to split the main stream vote. He would have to carry the moderate repuds and a boat load of independent and libraterian votes. He has to target one of the first primaries to win to be considered legit.Iowa, doubt it.New Hampshire? Maybe, its small and possible.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Go Ron Go!!
I really can't wait to see what will happen if he gets elected.
Ron Paul's answers seem heartfelt and sincere.
He's got my vote.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
how anyone can even consider voting for anyone besides ron paul is beyond me. ive never heard of a political figure who simply answers any question hes asked. i dont agree with everything he says but i respect him tremendously the other candidates just say and do what market research tells them anyway.obama isnt a liar as much as hes a very good actor reading a script designed by marketing wizzes purely to maximise voting %s. and i would say guilty of false advertising.

say what you want about ron paul but hes obviously very intelligent ,very experienced, very knowledgable, very honest. as well as you cant question his integrity. in short everything obama is good at convincing people is true about himself ron paul is! while i sometimes disagree with him i have no problem with ron paul as president making tough decisions because i know hes smarter and more experienced than i am. so arent some of the other candidates(including obama) but they have all proven time and time again they are corrupt and make decisions for every reason except its the smartest most efficient thing to do.

maybe some are right and potus is little more than a public relations position. i still cant see voting for anyone else. yes palin is a million times hotter to look at than ron paul id still rather stare at ron paul for the next four years on the flashy box with the ohh so soothing lights.besides shes never gonna show some skin if we elect her once she knows she cant win shell get desperate for that one last big payday.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Dr. Paul gave an excellent interview. I am reading his book "The Revolution" and his ideas are sound. I think he can get elected, but then what? How can he implement the closure of the IRS and actually end all wars? Doesn't it take a village to get that done? By village I mean congressional support. No matter what happens , it looks like we are headed for a painful time. Ron Paul or not.
PS I have a subscription to Time magazine and when I see a full blown interview or article written about him there, he should get a big boost. So far, they don't like him. They never write anything about him.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I gotta admit Ron is looking like a breath of fresh air.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm not american but this guy seem too good for US that they don't even bother giving him attention, JFK had his father and the mob, Ron Paul said Corporations are not people! (bravo) I'm tempted to ask who are his masters?
edit on 17-8-2011 by nekomata111 because: typo

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

No doubt Isreal would nuke Iran, eh? Perhaps if Iran said they wanted to destroy Israel, then Israel would nuke Iran. Oh, wait.....Iran has publicly threatened to destroy Israel several times. What is Israel waiting for?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zoyd23
reply to post by Kharron

No doubt Isreal would nuke Iran, eh? Perhaps if Iran said they wanted to destroy Israel, then Israel would nuke Iran. Oh, wait.....Iran has publicly threatened to destroy Israel several times. What is Israel waiting for?

No they haven't.

Quit lying.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
reply to post by galactictuan

Well, this whole Ron Paul 2012 sounds so much like the "I like Ike" movement of yesteryear. Although Paul and Eisenhower share some similar beliefs, Ron Paul is no war hero like Ike and while Iraq and Afghanistan are bad they are no Korean War. I don't believe he will sell well to mainstream America.

Ron Paul served his country honorably as an Air Force medic. He might not be a 'hero', but he's certainly no chickenhawk.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Originally posted by slowisfast
reply to post by RoguePhilosopher

what are you talking about?
ron paul didn't 'just appear'
he's been towing this line since he first got to congress in the 70's.
he's ran for president before. multiple times.

and never came anywhere close to winning.

But hey, this time it will be different boy, you betcha. He has a new suit and a nice new haircut. Things are looking up for old Gil. The wind is at his back. Even though he has run and run and run and run and run and never come close, hey this time is going to be different!

It is a sad state of affairs indeed when optimism is looked down upon. You are welcome to defeat yourself with a pessimistic, 'woe is me' attitude, but don't try to belittle others for believing in something.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
For those of you who say Ron Paul isn't electable, just remember, it was only two years ago they said the Tea Party members were unelectable because they were too fringe. How did that work out?
Not very well they took our whole economy hostage. just so they can focus the attention to a issue they did not fix

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I'm confused. If you really think he'll be asassinated, wouldn't you want to make sure he wasn't elected? Wouldn't it be better to let him stay in Congress, write, and give speeches?

Ok, I am going to field this one because I have been thinking a bit about it. If we have gone so far to assume assassinations are a valid option to take out a threat to the established order, it is no longer such a leap to assume that democratic elections no longer take place and that the people do not have the power to vote for the candidate they feel most capable of the top job. Many people have suspected this since the 2000 election fiasco.
What better way to calm the potentially angry mass than to let them believe they are getting what they want? If Ron Paul gets the votes, allow him to win, the people have their appointed economic saviour, the man for the USA and the people as opposed to corporations. Then simply assassinate him after a degree of time, not so much so that he could affect any real change to the established order. Plane crashes are the staple of the accidental assassination.

Of course that is assuming the man even makes it that far and if he does that he wont be gently or not so gently persuaded to toe the party line.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
You know my favorite answer there was in re: to Iran...

Israel as 300 nukes.. Iran isn't suicidal!!

And he's right.. Iran nuking Israel would be suicide...

Iran nuking anyone would be suicidal.

ANYONE nuking ANYONE would be suicidal, that's why NO ONE has done it in almost 70 YEARS!!

War supporters don't understand *SNIP* when it comes to foreign policy.

Man, I hope this guy wins. Otherwise..... hell I don't even know anymore.

AND I'M CANADIAN!!

edit on 17-8-2011 by sumgai because: Added Last Line

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Zoyd23

Nice try to derail the thread. How about you provide us with the statement and proper translation of these threats you are claiming to have been made by Iran.

On topic... Another member a few posts up asked a good question... "Who are his masters?"

Ron Paul seems way too good to be true. But I hope he wins.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join