It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul on Fox News 8/16: I'm Trying to Change the Course of History

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+57 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Across the Internet, one can read the many complaints concerning Ron Paul being ignored by Media. Stewart's hilarious skit on the topic is now going viral. Is this why Fox News today has interviewed Paul? Are they worried that what little legitimacy they have left is fading away, thus this about-face??
This interview is one of Ron Paul's best!! He says he's trying to change the course of history, and imo, he has and he will!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
You know my favorite answer there was in re: to Iran...

Israel as 300 nukes.. Iran isn't suicidal!!

And he's right.. Iran nuking Israel would be suicide...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
wow he done great and the news anchor was hitting the right points to let him explain his POV!
I am actually surprised Fox let him have that interview so candid without a lot of heckling

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Dr Paul for President.
So refreshing to hear "no talking points"

All other candidates are full of it. PERIOD!!!

RON PAUL

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Allow me to admit, right at the beginning, to vast ignorance on the subject of Republican presidential candidates. Any criticisms along those lines are absolutely fair. My position has been to wait until at least January, 2012 and make decisions from there. I did listen to the Iowa debate, but that is an awkward format and I don't condemn or praise anyone because of it.

Given all that, and the controversy over Paul's lack of coverage, I had to listen to an interview which the OP described as one of the best. The Fox interviewer seemed polite and gave him lots of room to express himself by a reasonable set of questions. I listened to the interview twice.

I had some completely instinctual reactions to Mr. Paul as a person, before even considering his words. He reminds me of the fellow in the local club who is absolutely sure that, had we done something to the Chinese late in the 19th century, we'd be in much better shape (and will explain why for 45 minutes). And I felt like telling the image of Ron Paul, just like I wanted to tell that fellow at the club: "Shut up a minute, will you?"

ATS is a conspiracy site, and I better understand why he is so popular here. But I'm not sure he'll catch on with the outside world. Oh well, as I said, I'll start getting serious about this somewhere around January.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
that man in the video has the vote of everyone I talk to....
he killed 'em on that question when he said ..." ha, no, let Israel do it "

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
He has the vote of everyone I talk to... but they are all convinced he will never be allowed to be the candidate.

He is the man we need in the White House.

Sadly if he did manage to get elected, I am afraid the same thing would happen to him that happened to JFK.
The military industrial complex that Eisenhower so eloquently warned us about will take him out.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

I'm confused. If you really think he'll be asassinated, wouldn't you want to make sure he wasn't elected? Wouldn't it be better to let him stay in Congress, write, and give speeches?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The IQ of Fox has yet again slipped a few more points. Does this woman even watch her own channel? Fox has done nothing but totally ignore Paul. Iran's track record for starting wars says it wouldn't use a nuke even if they had it. And it's about time someone in our government had the backbone to say it's Israel's problem let them deal with it. AIPAC will be screaming for his head after that comment.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
He reminds me of the fellow in the local club who is absolutely sure that, had we done something to the Chinese late in the 19th century, we'd be in much better shape (and will explain why for 45 minutes). And I felt like telling the image of Ron Paul, just like I wanted to tell that fellow at the club: "Shut up a minute, will you?"

I think the problem you are having is that you do not understand the issues and effects he is speaking of. It is pretty simple to understand why certain countries that stay out of others business rarely have war. Switzerland. They do business with the world and mind their own. That is what Dr. Paul is speaking about on foreign policy. We are much safer, are children are much safer, when we mind our own business and stay out of alliances with other nations. If we trade with other nations trust and partnerships form.

Yes he is so sure about what he believes. Aren't we all? So just because you dislike his passion for making the world into a better place, understand that he is passionate about it. I would rather vote for someone that really believed they knew the answer, then the other politicians that read from talking points handed to them to pander to each group of people they go and talk to. I can see deception very clearly these days. Deception is spotted easily as the person will have no passion for what they believe. The deceivers will be very formal, educated, and show a politically correct conformity to the status quo. They will flaunt their religions as a tool to gain more votes. I say listen to everyone that has passion. A passionate person knows more about a subject then a non passionate person knows. A person with passion can think about the same thing over and over for their entire life and never get bored with it. Passion is truth, and a passionate person would have a difficult time lying about anything they are passionate about.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Exactly. The mainstream media just reported that the mainstream media is not reporting on Ron Paul. what?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

Ah , there is the RUB Horatio ! ..............

edit on 16-8-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I think he already has made a huge impact. He has woken up a lot of people and has given me hope for this country first time in a long time. He's already shown us how powerful our voices can be look at how quickly he has garnered support through word of mouth.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I like when he said he's running on Bush's platform from 2000 on not nation building, but that he actually means it. Good overall interview, which was surprising to me. Go Ron Paul

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This happened last time. He won the polls and they cheated him. They ignored him, the results?
Well, you see them now don't you?

Don't let history repeat itself.
WE
THE PEOPLE
THE CITIZENS
THE CHILDREN OF AMERICA....
NOT the politicians and the media have power over who we elect.

People always say things like "he will never become president, it won't be allowed" and the like. I wonder, if these people accept this as truth or a way to live. I thought the way it worked was the PEOPLE elected the officials, not officials electing other officials.

I think if Thomas Jefferson, JFK or even George Washington ran for president today, they would get the same blackout and treatment as Ron Paul.
Now, I'm not comparing these past presidents to the good doctor. What I'm saying is, what Ron Paul says in his debates and speeches are the same things our forefathers have said, and would say, if they were around today.

Go Ron Paul!

edit on 16-8-2011 by LeTan because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2011 by LeTan because: fixed link for vid

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Allow me to admit, right at the beginning, to vast ignorance on the subject of Republican presidential candidates. Any criticisms along those lines are absolutely fair. My position has been to wait until at least January, 2012 and make decisions from there. I did listen to the Iowa debate, but that is an awkward format and I don't condemn or praise anyone because of it.

Given all that, and the controversy over Paul's lack of coverage, I had to listen to an interview which the OP described as one of the best. The Fox interviewer seemed polite and gave him lots of room to express himself by a reasonable set of questions. I listened to the interview twice.

I had some completely instinctual reactions to Mr. Paul as a person, before even considering his words. He reminds me of the fellow in the local club who is absolutely sure that, had we done something to the Chinese late in the 19th century, we'd be in much better shape (and will explain why for 45 minutes). And I felt like telling the image of Ron Paul, just like I wanted to tell that fellow at the club: "Shut up a minute, will you?"

ATS is a conspiracy site, and I better understand why he is so popular here. But I'm not sure he'll catch on with the outside world. Oh well, as I said, I'll start getting serious about this somewhere around January.

Why do people think Ron Paul is only popular on this site? Any forum that has a politics section loves Ron Paul, in my experience

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Nobody thought Reagan could win either, and people were laughing about it quite a bit, but when news media started covering him and people were hearing his policies, he destroyed his opponents..

Point is, people saying RP not being electable is just a lie. and those lies get said over and over again, and pretty soon people are brainwashed into believing it.

Also, the only people I have recently heard saying he can't get elected are mostly his opponents.....

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The platform of most MSM is funded on lies and deceit. He's telling the truth. And that is what makes him unpopular in a hellish world of corruption. I wonder if people will wake up and smell the coffee burning for once in history.
edit on 2011-8-17 by pikypiky because: To correct for "proper" grammar and spelling.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

Thanks for posting that.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
You know my favorite answer there was in re: to Iran...

Israel as 300 nukes.. Iran isn't suicidal!!

And he's right.. Iran nuking Israel would be suicide...

Exactly... I have to think and weigh options when thinking about whether Iran would even nuke Israel.

I have NO doubt that Israel with nuke Iran. It's pretty clear they would exterminate all Iranians if given the chance. And I'm afraid Iran is not alone in that boat.

Khar

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join