It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First responders decry exclusion from 9/11 ceremony

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

First responders decry exclusion from 9/11 ceremony

www.cnn.com

New York (CNN) -- When debris rained from the sky in lower Manhattan on September 11, 2001, the first responders to the terrorist attack did not turn away. They rushed to the World Trade Center buildings while the world around them crumbled.
Yet now, after all the wreckage has been cleared and the rebuilding has begun, their path is again blocked -- not by flying chunks of smoldering rubble, but by space constraints.
The first responders are not invited to this year's September 11 memorial ceremony at ground zero, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg's office confirmed Monday.
It's a pa
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The treatment of the first responders to me has been terrible since the day they put their lives on the line for the people of America on that terrible day.

I recently posted a thead on an article, where the new program would not cover 9/11 first responders for cancer and other rare illnesses they are getting that are resulted from them being at Ground Zero that day and the weeks and months after. Link to that thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now as further insult, the first responders are not invited to the 10th anniversary memorial service this year. Though they have not been invited to any of the previous 9 memorial services they have been allowed to attend by showing up. This is not the case this year, as Bloomberg says they are not the focus of the service, just the victims and their families.

While I agree the victims and their families should be the major part, the responders deserve to be there as many of them lost their lives, as well. What about their families?
They put their lives on the line and only want to pay tribute and find comfort and healing, somehow. Yet they are being shut out and thrown away, like they are a unwelcomed guest at a party or a piece of garbage. It is ludicrous that they do not have their place.

Many responders and I too agree, think that it is an attempt to push them into the background of their untreated ailments and the way they have been treated since 9/11. They do not want more publicity showing how the government has continued to treat them like garbage, like they did nothing worthy of treatment. There is definitive links to 9/11 and the illnesses these responders have been getting, yet they are not getting the treatment they deserve, and they and their families are suffering for it.

And now they can not even attend the memorial service, it is a disgrace!

America is supposed to take care of its own. Well not the America of today, apparently.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The greatest living heroes from that tragic day and they are not to be represented? Like the after-tragedy just never happened.

I'd sure love to see a list of who did "make the cut".

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling
The greatest living heroes from that tragic day and they are not to be represented? Like the after-tragedy just never happened.

From the article:

"While we are again focused on accommodating victims' family members, given the space constraints, we're working to find ways to recognize and honor first responders, and other groups, at different places and times," Brent said.

This particular ceremony is for the families of the deceased. Not for a show of thanks to the people who ran in. You do not disgrace the dead by throwing a party for those who lived in the same ceremony.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRedfield

This particular ceremony is for the families of the deceased. Not for a show of thanks to the people who ran in. You do not disgrace the dead by throwing a party for those who lived in the same ceremony.

Yes, it is for the families of the deceased and definitely not a party for those who lived. Who said it was???

A good amount of first responders died that day and still are from cancer and other rare illnesses that were caused due to being there that day and the weeks and months that followed.
So their families are not allowed to go this ceremony? Aren't they deserving? Their deaths and illnesses were a cause of that day as well.
Also, why would they not allow the first responders who survived come? They do not want to party. They want to pay tribute and find some comfort and healing, for what they saw and went through then. They would not be coming to disgrace the dead, but honor and pay tribute to them.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MRedfield

Ding dong!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

While we are again focused on accommodating victims' family members, given the space constraints, we're working to find ways to recognize and honor first responders, and other groups, at different places and times," Brent said.

I think that is clear enuff bruv.

No one is denying them the recognition. In this PARTICULAR ceremony, family members of the victims (as in people who were unaware of the attack) are encouraged to attend. The first responders (those aware of the attacks) will be honoured seperately. All seems normal to me.

In addition I am in no way demeaning the FR's efforts nor the suffering they are experiencing now or since. Like any church, only so many fit in, in this instance they have chosen one set of people. Right or wrong its space that dictates this decision I expect.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
"this year's September 11 memorial ceremony at ground zero"

not some other memorial for family members of those that died..but

The anniversary of the event.

its like saying..if you were in Pearl Harbor you can't come to this years memorial service, unless you are a family member of someone that died..

okay..so parent? spouse? sibling? uncles..nieces..aunts..grandchildren..3rd cousin removed? Best fiend co-worker..how do 'they' define 'family', is there going to be a cut off?

Or I suppose they will just invite a few 'special' guests..and alienate not just the first responders but others as well?

it doesn't make sense and its dirty no matter how some of you 'spin' it.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This saddens me.

I remember April 19, 1995. I remember the first responders coming to Oklahoma City, flooding in from all parts of the nation that same day and the following days.

I don't ever recall hearing that they were not allowed to attend memorial services on any of the anniversaries. In fact., I know that at least some of their accounts are preserved in the museum built on the site.

It is shameful and there should be some other way to handle this and help those who chose to run toward the danger and devistation. They also deserve a chance to heal.

p
edit on 16-8-2011 by pwndnewb because: ...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Every politician running for prez for sure. I bet no one will tell them they weren't invited.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

Honored seperately? So you believe everything the government tells you huh? Please tell me when since 9/11 have the first responders been honored on September 11 (the anniversary) for what they did. The answer to that riddle is never. Only some churches have done this on that day and a few ceremonies done on other days have happened. Never has something big and important or by the government done for them like this on an anniversary. Also, they are not asking to come to be honored they simply just want to be invited to attend, pay tribute, and find some closure and healing. What's wrong with that, that they should not be invited? Also, keep telling yourself the only reason they are not is the space. Get real, are you kidding me?

reply to post by toepick

Spot on. It is a memorial ceremony for the anniversary of the event. Who has the right to choose who can or can not be invited to such ceremony.
Great example with Pearl Harbor. No matter which way you present this as a reason not to invite the first responders or others, it comes off as a total disgrace. Shame on them!

reply to post by pwndnewb

Another great example, thank you for sharing!
I do not recall any memorial service/ceremony that has happened due to some tragic event in history where people were not invited to, especially the first responders who risked their lives to help fellow Americans.
Exactly they deserve a chance to heal, pay tribute, find comfort, and find some closure. Nothing wrong with that.

reply to post by pthena

Hahaha, that made me laugh.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I wonder if George Bush will be there

And I agree with the person who said something about not being invited to the anniversary of pearl harbor if you didn't die. It is the Event not the people who lost their lives. And why would they want to have it on another day? Why not make it an all day affair?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

A lot of the families are calling for another investigation. A vast amount of the american people believe it was an inside job. There was an outcry about the Muslim Mosque they wanted to build close to the site. Now the first responders that died are not allowed to be honored by fellow responders who are still alive. Personally I feel the entire thing should be boycotted.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
''Giebfried has suffered from a failing liver and kidneys, a crushed arm, elbow and wrist; post-traumatic stress disorder, chronic fatigue, encroaching lupus and other diseases. All were caused by the dust, debris and other substances to which she was exposed on 9/11, she said.''

Its supposed to be a nice squeeky clean PR event for the Politicians. If people seen first responders suffering like this on national tv and their subsequent treatment , I think Joe public would be a lot angrier than they are now.

That would not help anyone election campaign now would it?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AudioGhost

If george bush is thier, i cant see why ANYONE would want to go, other than his criminal wallstreet on aleash friends. cant fathem why anyone would wanna go.
i thin it is wrong,even if its family members related to actual responders. god forbid you get to meet thier next of kin bloomenthol,god forbid! guess thier familys dont mean much..tehn agian the first respnders didnt mean much either did they, since they were denied all that money they were PROMISED for medical services after 9/11. whod wanna go to a low life lame party with sub humans representing it like that...i sure wouldnt. especially knowing thier corrupt politicians...who have plauin out stolen form yours and mine wallet and purse, and 401k. why even bother going. they neglected you one time, 2nd for those whp got very ill helping nad denied funds for help, and now a 3rd time. EFF em. i hope 2012 is true, and bloomenthal in NY, and white house, and wallstreet are consumed in half a mile of red hot magma and pyrotechnic ash. turn em into the people of pompay, if the lava hasnt gotten them yet..swing at their frozen bodies with baseball bats and see thier dust go off in the wind, like a fart*

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
It is completely wrong how the FR are being treated. They risked their lives for us when we were in danger, without a second thought, without hesitation. Now their lives are at risk with cancer and who knows what kind of other s^%$ as a direct result of it and people don't even care enough to help them. And now, they aren't "allowed" to go to this ceremony like they are children that need to ask permission or something.....It kind of reminds me of when our soldiers came home from vietnam. They were spit on, called names and treated like second class citizens for serving their country. It all makes me sick to my stomach. What on earth is wrong with people these days?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The theorist in me thinks its to stop them talking about all the explosions they said they heard.

But hey a ceremony is just a ceremony , we the people will never forget their sacrifice.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
They rocked the boat once to often and the establishment is now going to make them pay.As another poster astutely pointed out if joe public sees how sick they are and how they are being treated by the government it will outrage them even more then they are now.Then throw in the fact that many of them heard explosions that day that would also raise even more questions and the main goal for this anniversary is to quash any and all questions.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Already posted:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AudioGhost

Exactly it should be an all day event/affair, honoring everyone and everything about that day. Especially not excluding those who risked their lives for fellow Americans.

reply to post by redrose123

Agreed that their should definitely be another and more serious look/investigation into 9/11 and everything that surrounds it, but I would not go as far as to boycott it as a lot of families of those who did die will be there and we would be dishonoring those who died and their families by doing this.
I personally do think it was an inside job (that is my opinion not pushing it on others here though just saying)

reply to post by Jeluzifus

Spot on!

They do not want publicity on the first responders, the illnesses they are getting, and the terrible treatment by the government they have been getting.
It is about those who died in the buildings and their families, but to those running it is more of a PR event and making themselves look good to the American people.

reply to post by ziggy1706

I hope that does not happen in 2012 as we would all go down, but I definitely would not mind seeing some of them go down that way. Thanks for the laugh.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join