It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton: Libya, Syria show 'smart power' at work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hillary using George W Bush Era Term known as Smart Power in terms in Libya,Syria.

link 1

The term, invented in the aftermath of the 2003 invasion of Iraq, comes as a reaction to George W. Bush's more neoconservative-driven foreign policy.[

"The United States stands for our values, our interests and our security, but we have a very clear view that others need to be taking the same steps to enforce a universal set of values and interests," she told an audience in a joint appearance at the National Defense University with Defense Secretary Leon Panetta.

"I think this is smart power, where it is not just brute force, it is not just unilateralism," she said. "It is being smart enough to say you know what we want a bunch of people signing out of the same hymn book and we want them singing a song of universal freedom, human rights, democracy, everything that we have stood for and pioneered over 235 years."

There you have it once again the elites are up to there old game but question why Syria and Libya? its all really about the sphere of influence,resources,control, blocking the east.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Why Syria and Libya??
From my understanding there are 5 countries not yet under control of the international banking cartel.
1.Iran
2.Cuba
3.North Korea
4.LIBYA
5.Sudan

In the year 2000 there were 2 other countries on the list...Afghanistan and Iraq.
I am not sure about Syria but when you look at the news and propaganda and the countries on that list...it kinda makes more sense now yes??

I am still looking for my source which i have linked here a few times but can't locate it...i will update if i find it.

From my understanding...they already set up a central bank in Libya.
I could be wrong though...i just remember reading that.

This isn't the source i used before but hopefully it will do www.lookingglassnews.org...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------
US forces attack Afghanistan, one of only 7 nations in the world who don’t have a Rothschild controlled central bank.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------
2003: The United States invade Iraq which is now one of six nations left in the world who don’t have a Rothschild controlled central bank.

edit on 16-8-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

a song of universal freedom, human rights, democracy, everything that we have stood for and pioneered over 235 years

That's the biggest load of rubbish i've heard in my life!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
What gives the United States the right to impose it's values on other countries?

Did you ever stop to think that maybe these countries don't want your values, your politics, your customs?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
What gives the United States the right to impose it's values on other countries?

Did you ever stop to think that maybe these countries don't want your values, your politics, your customs?

They can't possibly be civilized and prosperous without American intervention...haven't you been watching the news.

(not regular American citizens...just your douchebag government and its douchebag foreign policy)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Seriously, what use is democracy when it comes at such a heavy price?

I wasn't aware democracy involved bombing countries to rubble and then talking about "progress."

Progress?

What's the body count in Afghanistan and Iraq?

Oh that's right America doesn't do body counts....
edit on 16/8/11 by Kram09 because: typo

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Why different? Because we can't afford the two middle east wars (three if you include NATO in Libya) that we have yet to disengage from. Because we can't claim to be "liberators" again with a straight face.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Seriously, what use is democracy when it comes at such a heavy price?

I wasn't aware democracy involved bombing countries to rubble and then talking about "progress."

Progress?

What's the body count in Afghanistan and Iraq?

Oh that's right America doesn't do body counts....
edit on 16/8/11 by Kram09 because: typo

You cannot count bodies when they are just arms here, legs over there.. etc etc

Somebody needs to blow up washington DC.

Before you all jump up and down and flame me..

Those of you who watched INDEPENDANCE DAY the movie, didn't you jump up and down and scream "yeah!!!" when the white house got blown up?

I bet you did.

edit on 16-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

top topics

join