It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comment of the Year, by Sergeant Lewis (Concerning Paul's stance on Iran/foreign wars)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I posted this on DP today and want to share it here:

Ron Paul was called a "kook" today, concerning his stance on Iran, in the comment section of an article at THE HILL entitled "Ron Paul shines in Iowa; major media cheats him". Follows Sergeant Lewis' response to said comment:
------
I am a Sergeant in the U.S. Army. I support Ron Paul and I support his foreign policy. I am sure you would not dare call me a Paultard to my face.

No, you would give me the same parroted line I hear 100 times a day, "Thank you for your service". When I hear some flabby couch potato like you say that to me it makes me sick. Yes, I serve our country, but our wars do not.

I do my best to keep my men alive while we carry out this sick policy of sticking our noses in other peoples business. When was the last time you had a friend die in your arms or look for the leg that was just blown off of the man next to you? When was the last time you walked past dead children that were killed by U.S. weapons? I'm glad you can sleep at night, because many times I cannot. I have children myself you self righteous SOB. If someone killed my children you can bet I would do everything in my power to seek revenge.

You dare call me rabid and blind? I know what I am talking about. Why don't you grab a gun and head to Iran if you want to fight them so much.

Continued:
www.dailypaul.com...

As stated, I think his comment should go viral!
edit on 17-8-2011 by dbates because: Added external quote tags.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.

Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread ?... Look Here First.
edit on Thu Aug 18 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Yes! I love it! Stick it to the sheeple and corrupt, sergeant! Add another one to the tally of those in uniform who have a conscious, common sense, and a pouch in their pants (and I'm not talking about a coin pouch either). S+F OP!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
epic!

no other words

allthough i've got one little tidbit.

he says he's serving his country yet the wars do not, why continue fighting?
i really don't get it?

if you have trouble sleeping over the things you witness and are doing over there, why continue?

this man has it figured out completely yet doesn't act upon his knowledge.

if you really feel this way, quit the army.

my 2 cents though.

(i'm not p*issing on this thread, so to speak)

edit on 16-8-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

ETA:

SnF either way.
it's reassuring to know there are people in the army with mindsets like this

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Lol,
Any anonymous underaged pimplefaced mommy nippletugger could have wrote that. Or any intelligent well educated person could have pulled a gag on his supporters by writing it.

It's just a comments section. Sign up fake name and disposable hotmail address, bam you can claim to be anyone your heart desires.

The fact that people are lapping this up is funny because it is so desperately pathetic.

I highly doubt an active duty level headed Sgt. who keeps his men alive would throw his career down the waste shoot to go on political rages over the internet.
edit on 16-8-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

I highly doubt an active duty level headed Sgt. who keeps his men alive would throw his career down the waste shoot to go on political rages over the internet.

But they would do the same (names on record, I believe) by monetarily supporting the candidate who says the exact same things and opposes these same policies, to the tune of more than the rest of the republican field combined (and Obama, but Obama plus the republicans finally trumps Paul's total)? According to FEC filings, that's what's been happening since 2007.

Or do the troops not have the right to exercise the liberties they're supposedly fighting and dying to protect here at home?

Supposition either way, but the validity of the comment is backed up by the reality of the support the troops show Paul.
edit on 8/16/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Lol,
Any anonymous underaged pimplefaced mommy nippletugger could have wrote that. Or any intelligent well educated person could have pulled a gag on his supporters by writing it.

It's just a comments section. Sign up fake name and disposable hotmail address, bam you can claim to be anyone your heart desires.

The fact that people are lapping this up is funny because it is so desperately pathetic.

does ANY of this make the message 'invalid'?

even if he's not an active sergeant?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Lol,

I did throw my military/intel career down the crapper because of this topic and was vocal to all of my CO's. I spent 6 months in the Brig and don't regret any of it. Stop assuming you know what a soldier would do. Even if you were a soldier, you wouldn't know what your comrades are thinking all the time.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

He may be fake, or he may be the real deal! Either way, he speaks of the realities of war, and imo, it's a message the American people need to hear!

Kissinger: Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Let me start off by saying I support our armed forces and the hard job they do EVERYday and good job Sgt Lewis, we need more brass that knows what the "F" is really going on.

So last night I was at the Texan/Jets game and they were honoring some military "hero". When they finished talking about him everyone stood up and clapped and cheered. But on the jumbo-tron you could see in his face that he didnt feel that he should be honored for the things he had to do.
I did not stand up, I did not clap, I did not cheer. everyone else standing around me took notice of me still sitting quietly. I was then asked by a fellow Texans fan why I did not cheer for that brave soilder. I proceded to tell him what the military has turned into and his face afterward looked like he had a big ole piece of poo pie.

I have never served in the military so, I dont have first hand expierence of the horrors that they go through. I just told him about some of the info that I've gathered over the years from different sources and just enough to "wet his pallet" without ruining the game for him.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

They are not disrespectful to any politicians. The point you are trying to make that they are somehow extra special nice to Ron Paul does not hold water

They are under an oath to serve. The grunts always complain nothing special there.

It is illegal to represent any of the armed forces in a partisan campagn. By claiming to be a Sgt in the Army and expressing views towards a candidate he would have bought himself a free ticket to levinworth penitentiary. As a private citizen off duty individuals are allowed to support candidates, but not in the name of the armed forces.
THIS IS WHY THIS IS A HOAX.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
epic!

no other words

allthough i've got one little tidbit.

he says he's serving his country yet the wars do not, why continue fighting?
i really don't get it?

if you have trouble sleeping over the things you witness and are doing over there, why continue?

because if he is an experienced NCO while he is on patrol he is keeping his young squaddy's alive.Not some wet behind the ears; hellbent for medals; (fresh outta' state college) butter bar 2nd lieutenant. thatdoesn't know"jack"!

this man has it figured out completely yet doesn't act upon his knowledge.

if you really feel this way, quit the army.

my 2 cents though.

(i'm not p*issing on this thread, so to speak)

ETA:

SnF either way.
it's reassuring to know there are people in the army with mindsets like this

edit on 16-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Lol,

does ANY of this make the message 'invalid'?

even if he's not an active sergeant?

There is not one scrap of anything here that is valid because it is unverifiable anonymous blabber.

Someone could post on some Ron Paul blog that they are Obama's lifelong friend and they are voting for Ron Paul, only the wishfull thinkers who are RP fanatic supporters would believe it unquestionably. No verifiable proof needed.

This is the reason for the heavy duty lols.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

well wether or not he´s doing it for his buddies, he´s still betraying himself and his beliefs.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
i wuz wrong!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Sgt. Lewis: Thank you for TRUE patriotism. I was out before Desert Storm but I've served overseas enforcing Martial Law conditions and I deeply love my country...but I am pretty fed up with the direction our foreign policy has gone. Go Ron.

Thanks for this OP! Good call.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Hold the phone here, the only message here is that a guy claiming to be a US Army Sgt. said something and that something in the message carries weight precisely because of who he claims to be.
If it can't be proven who he actually is, there is no message.

Simple as that. (But I know, logic has no child safety seat on the Ron Paul shortbus)

It may as well said,
"Hi this is XXXXX that whacks off all day and plays video games when my mom's not wiping my arse, (then continues with the exact same message that you like from the story, ie...how dare they call Ron Paul supporters this or that etc)

Does that carry weight with you? Seriously? LOL

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentblue

Lol,

I did throw my military/intel career down the crapper because of this topic and was vocal to all of my CO's. I spent 6 months in the Brig and don't regret any of it. Stop assuming you know what a soldier would do. Even if you were a soldier, you wouldn't know what your comrades are thinking all the time.

In other words you broke the law.
You should have just placed your tiny bumper sticker on your private car, made your approved donations to whoever you supported, casted your vote and quit trying to be more important than anyone else in your same situation by trying to have more influence than allowed under the contract YOU signed upon joining up.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

They are not disrespectful to any politicians. The point you are trying to make that they are somehow extra special nice to Ron Paul does not hold water

I believe I just said that the troops (those donating) support Ron Paul in larger percentage than the other candidates, not that they're "extra special nice" to him or disrespectful to any of the other candidates?

I wasn't aware it was off-limits for military to ID themselves as such while supporting a candidate...I suppose it makes sense that they can't say the military in general or a specific branch supports any certain candidate.

You may not be explaining it fully - and I'll apologize for my ignorance here - but just with the way your wording it, it doesn't sound like it would be a violation since he's not doing it in the name of the armed forces, just identifying himself as one (?).

Thanks and be well.

EDIT - regardless of what I've been discussing and asking, you are correct that this comment itself is worthless beyond being a nice anecdote, granted. I'm mainly curious as to the involved military campaign finance restrictions as it seems a little more strict than I'd expect offhand.
edit on 8/16/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

reply to post by kn0wh0w

Hold the phone here, the only message here is that a guy claiming to be a US Army Sgt. said something and that something in the message carries weight precisely because of who he claims to be.
If it can't be proven who he actually is, there is no message.

Simple as that. (But I know, logic has no child safety seat on the Ron Paul shortbus)

It may as well said,
"Hi this is XXXXX that whacks off all day and plays video games when my mom's not wiping my arse, (then continues with the exact same message that you like from the story, ie...how dare they call Ron Paul supporters this or that etc)

Does that carry weight with you? Seriously? LOL

actually i don´t care who becomes POTUS as i´m no American citizen, allthough i think Ron Paul is the best option.

you also made me realize i´ve judged too fast, i´ve reread the post thoroughly and you´ve got a very valid point.

if the writer of the message isn´t a soldier-sergeant it doesn´t hold weight.

true

s4u

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join