It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A child's killing freeze-frames Syria's tragedy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

(CNN) -- One video showed the tiny face of the slain girl wrapped in a shroud.

Someone pulled back a bandage to show her bloodied right eye. Her mouth was frozen, slightly ajar. Her vacant face and lifeless head conjured the image of an alabaster bust.

Another more gruesome video showed the girl before she was cleaned for burial. She lay sprawled on a pavement, bloodied and disheveled, like a crime victim caught in a tabloid snapshot.

Link to Story

The victim was O'laa Jablawi, a 2 1/2-year-old girl from the besieged port city of Latakia, shot in the eye and killed when she and her parents attempted to flee the besieged city on Sunday in a car that came under fire.

Normally I post videos right here but this one....not gonna happen....the vid they talk about can be found below but... if you have a weak constitution you might want to pass
Warning This Vid of a dead child is Harsh
edit on 16-8-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

When are people going to get angry enough to do something about this? When did the outrage die?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I know it is painful to face the reality of war, but the media has been hiding this for way to long. With CNN breaking the political taboo I hope it is marking the stage to end these senseless war through building public pressure. With Syria being portrayed I hope they are not trying to rally for an invasion into Syria, but help break the ice to expose the other conflicts in the region.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

CNN did not post the vid...
I did... reluctantly...
but at least they got the story out there

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I hear what you are saying and that we should be rightly outraged at such scenes.

However, NATO troops are killing children in Afghanistan, yet I do not hear the anger regarding this.
edit on 16/8/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Not that something similar wouldn't happen if some part of the United States were engaged in open insurrection.
How many times has the same thing happened at US checkpoints in Iraq?
It's always disgusting when children are killed, whatever the reason.
Regardless of how many videos we see of IDF doing the same to Palestinian children we continue to throw Israel billions in aid. They've killed many children with ordinance made right here in the USA.
Poverty kills just as surely as bullets will and the poverty rate in the US has doubled in the last 10 years.

Syria is under the gun because they've been chosen for the next change in leadership.
They're no better or worse than the average state these days.
The media will keep up the pressure with these kinds of stories so WE CAN HAVE ONE MORE WAR.

CNN cannot independently confirm the authenticity of the videos and the reports about them, so it is very difficult to find out how the child died.

I was going to say something about how can we prove where and how this occurred....
Funny how CNN calls armed rebels with RPG's "activists".

edit on 16-8-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

CNN did not post the vid...

Ok, thanks for the clarification. It was an independent media that helped shut down the Vietnam war. Hopefully the internet will be enough this time, there is a lot of building emotion running around about it all.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Perhaps if the Western Powers just eased up a little bit in pushing this new war with Syria into happening through supporting if not covert direction of the rebels, this wouldn't have to turn into a bloody mess. I don't care for Assad, but just like Gaddafi, plundering and tearing apart a nation to remove him is criminal on the face of it, IMHO.

new topics

top topics

join