It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France and Germany Propose Unified European Government

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by murch
reply to post by Misterlondon

Should be fun. Cant see Germany and France gettting it together any time soon. Theres a bit of history between those two.

This is exactly why the EU was formed so Germany and France would be so interlaced in terms of politcs and economy that they could never go to war with each again. They were surgically attached to one another so to speak.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Isn't this what was reportedly leaked from the meeting in Switzerland?

A political land grab in Europe?

Frankly after seeing some countries fcuk up their own country, I am for Europe unifying further, because the local governments just fcuk it up.

Greece, a financial wasteland
Ireland, going onto a 2nd bailout, yet still holds 33 BILLION DOLLARS of US debt, why the hell do they want to hold onto 33b USD of the yanks debt and be bankrupt TWICE themselves? Toss away that lump of coal called American debt.
Uk - Social unrest, they cannot even stop a riot, or don't want to stop a riot. Tramples over peoples rights every chance it gets.
Germany and France and a few other countries are the backbone of Europe, so why shouldnt they want this, they are shouldering a lot of the problems and being a LEADER.

Lets hope they can start a EU force, and then we can tell NATO to F off, Germany and France and Italy and more have had enough of being NATO pawns and being lied to by America and the UK, we can see this in Libya.

edit on 16-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

firstly the uk is part of the European union (eu) and a big player too, we just dont use the euro currency, (that is where alot of people get confused)
i can assure you, if Europe being formed under one government is under way.. then the uk will certainly have their fat fingers firmly in that little pie..

Yes I know, and lets not fool ourselves, the Queen has a lot of sway in Europe, and with her extended family and relatives , Queen of Netherlands etc.. Denmark; Sweden, etc etc All FAMILY.

Of course the UK will not leave the EU or EEA, NEVER. They are VERY MUCH involved in it, at a high level.

I am just tired of hearing about that stupid special relationship with the yanks that seems to screw everybody over.

I am also sick and tired of clueless wonders such as the BNP, EDL, and Uk independant political parties that want out of europe and claim to be able to support themselves when infact they would be WORSE off if they done that.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I wonder how do the dutch feel about a closer European Union, I don't think the British would ever join an organisation like a United Federation of European States

i dont think Britain would have a choice or more impotantly let the opportunity pass by..

if it happened Britain, France and Germany would hold all the power.

the uk and france have already merged our armed forces..

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jon Quinn
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

As we speak(I am Dutch) we are already heating up this discussion in the Netherlands. We see it as one step closer to global governance( A big step)

I wonder how do the dutch feel about a closer European Union, I don't think the British would ever join an organisation like a United Federation of European States

edit on 16/8/11 by Jon Quinn because: (no reason given)

As we speak numerous times I've seen the idea popping up to make a tenth camp.
Also there's a march organised www.marchtobrussels.eu...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

I am just tired of hearing about that stupid special relationship with the yanks that seems to screw everybody over.

i dont think you need to worry about that... the writing has been on the wall for that little partnership for a long time now..

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

the uk and france have already merged our armed forces..

This I feel is just an embarrassing necessity until the new Queen Elizabeth Class A/C carriers are ready, but may spell closer cooperation in the future between the UK and France. The last great Anglo-French adventure ended badly with Suez 1957. Then again an EU Army would have power and increased legitimacy to play on a global stage then either country alone or through coalition with the US.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

i dont think you need to worry about that... the writing has been on the wall for that little partnership for a long time now..

Same thing happened when Europe was going to do its OWN GPS satellite system , the yanks interferred and it was cancelled - Galellio it was called I think or something.

I thnk the sooner America is divided up and weakened politically the better.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Now when we'll merge into one big Europe... we'll have Gold (in almost everything) in Olympics!! You see, this is what those "conspiracy nuts" were warning of a couple of decades ago. The planned loss of nation sovereignity.
edit on 16/8/11 by AboveTheTrees because: to add "planned"

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jon Quinn

This I feel is just an embarrassing necessity until the new Queen Elizabeth Class A/C carriers are ready, but may spell closer cooperation in the future between the UK and France. The last great Anglo-French adventure ended badly with Suez 1957. Then again an EU Army would have power and increased legitimacy to play on a global stage then either country alone or through coalition with the US.

maybe an eu army is the ultimate goal.. fot this patnership.

i believe France has the biggest air force, Britain the biggest navy (before the big cuts) and Germany has the strongest army.. just bringing those 3 together would be some force.. add to that all the other EU nations and im thinking the most powerful army in the world..

and if turkey were allowed to join the EU, which i think will never happen and i certainly hope it doesnt.. (They have a huge army) they would be virtually untouchable

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling
I thnk the sooner America is divided up and weakened politically the better.

And you think that will make Europe's problems go away? How would that make things better, and for who will it be better for?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The Euro-zone was never going to work unless it was accompanied by a Euro-super state - which is what the NWO Eurocrats have been working for all along. They have counted on and planned for this inevitable crisis and collapse, in order to panic everyone into giving up national contol.

Much of this of course was orchestrated from Moscow as part of the strategic fake collapse of communism - but what the Russians really want is another matter entirely. It seems to me that they have ensured the collapse of Europe into jihadi civil war, anyway via Multicultural Political Correctness - which is just Marxism translated into cultural terms.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

i believe France has the biggest air force, Britain the biggest navy (before the big cuts) and Germany has the strongest army.. just bringing those 3 together would be some force.. add to that all the other EU nations and im thinking the most powerful army in the world..

Even if that were to be true. It wouldn't last long. Europe think it has debt problems now. Imagine the debt that would be accumulated keeping that war machine going. Look how much the US spends in defense. That's the main reason why the U.S. is $40 trillion in debt.
edit on 16-8-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Yes this is bad. They tried this before and it got turned down before.

In 1993 they "forced" the Maastrict-treaty upon us, both Denmark and France voted against it. The Danish was cheated with false promises in a 2nd election a year later (Atleast Denmark got 4 exceptionrules in the treaty, these are Single Currency, "forced" Joint Defence, Judiciary Cooperation and European Citizenship). France dident get a second chance and the french poleticians accepted the treaty without the public support.

In 2004 they introduced the EURO. Denmark, Sweden and the UK said we dont want that. But our curracy's are curently bound to the EURO.
Also 2004 10 new countries been allowed acces in the union, these countries in general is cheaper that, the original coremembers.

In 2005 France and the Dutch vote against the Lissabon treaty. This put the project on a stall for a few years, but in 2009 a repost/rewritten Lisabontreaty is ratified in the union, whitout askeing the people in most of the countries.

I guess you could expand the list alot if You want to. The problem about this is it seams like they will do anything to keep the wheels rolling and ignore the voice of the people.

The european union got no idea on how to regulate and make reasonable guidelines for the nations to work within. Instead they tryed to enforce use with alot of stupid regulation, like when they wanted to control how the curve on cucumber's.

Rules governing the size and shape of fruit and vegetables will be consigned to history after European Union Member States today (12/11-2008) voted on Commission proposals to repeal specific marketing standards for 26 types of fruit and vegetables.Source

edit on 16-8-2011 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Why can't you compare europe to the states? The US was founded by european settlers was it not.

And someone spoke of how the europeans will be mad at their cultures and differences being destroyed? How so? Im sure they will still celebrate their local cultures and whatnot? What's stoppin them? Nothing. The old borders will still be on the Damn map, they will all just fall under the same jurisdiction now is the only difference.

I don't know what you are all so afraid of. I don't get the whole conspiracy behind the nwo? To me it seems foolish. I care not what country I belong to as long as I can live and work in it in peace. These days in my own country it seems I can't currently do that. So if the new way is better then where the he'll do I sign up?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Whilst I can see the potential advantages of union, I think the EU has gotten too big. What I would rather see is a Western European Union comprising UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Portugal, the low countries, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Germany and the Scandinavian nations, but not including countries with Slavonic languages, whose politics, economics and culture are not always very compatible with ours.

Before any further political integration, however, I think the EU Parliament must become a lot more accountable to the people, and ALL regions should have devolved governments with local autonomy.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000

I don't get the whole conspiracy behind the nwo? To me it seems foolish. I care not what country I belong to as long as I can live and work in it in peace

Such a governing body would require an immense amount of revenue. It will not come from thin air. It will come from all of your hard work. Taxation would be high.

To keep that order and peace, securities and liberties will be a thing of the past. Big brother will watch you and monitor everything you do. Any disagreements will be dealt with severely and you will do as they say or else. Dissent will not be tolerated.

The corruption at the leadership would be unprecedented. Please believe once all of the central banks are united into one those at the top will squeeze every penny it can out of its citizens. Will they care about civil rights, your opinion, how many hours you work? Not at all! Everything will be about the bottom line and how much did you produce today.

Every citizen will do their part and if they don't and are considered a non contributing member of society they are cast out of the lovely, peaceful, everything is perfect, NWO into the wilderness, or just done away with as cost effective as possible. The population must be decreased for this to happen. Only the best and brightest will be needed to keep the order at maximum potential.

Read for yourself...

1. MAINTAIN HUMANITY UNDER 500,000,000 IN PERPETUAL BALANCE WITH NATURE

2. GUIDE REPRODUCTION WISELY - IMPROVING FITNESS AND DIVERSITY

3. UNITE HUMANITY WITH A LIVING NEW LANGUAGE

4. RULE PASSION - FAITH - TRADITION - AND ALL THINGS WITH TEMPERED REASON

5. PROTECT PEOPLE AND NATIONS WITH FAIR LAWS AND JUST COURTS

6. LET ALL NATIONS RULE INTERNALLY RESOLVING EXTERNAL DISPUTES IN A WORLD COURT

7. AVOID PETTY LAWS AND USELESS OFFICIALS

8. BALANCE PERSONAL RIGHTS WITH SOCIAL DUTIES

9. PRIZE TRUTH - BEAUTY - LOVE- SEEKING HARMONY WITH THE INFINITE

10. BE NOT A CANCER ON THE EARTH - LEAVE ROOM FOR NATURE - LEAVE ROOM FOR NATURE

www.thegeorgiaguidestones.com...

Had you going didn't I.
Simply put, the bigger the government the more the corruption. Better believe that!
edit on 16-8-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NocturnalPhantom
Whilst I can see the potential advantages of union, I think the EU has gotten too big. What I would rather see is a Western European Union comprising UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Portugal, the low countries, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Germany and the Scandinavian nations, but not including countries with Slavonic languages, whose politics, economics and culture are not always very compatible with ours.

Before any further political integration, however, I think the EU Parliament must become a lot more accountable to the people, and ALL regions should have devolved governments with local autonomy.

Switzerland is in the EEA, an observer of the EU.
Iceland is currently in discussions of becomming a full member of the EU instead of an EEA member.
Norway is an EEA member, observer status in the EU.

Slovonic countries are compatible, they have to align their laws to even get near the EU door, witness Turkey's changes, and they are not even in yet.
There is a MINIMUM bar that has to be met, to be even considered to get entry.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

edit on 16/8/11 by NocturnalPhantom because: double post

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NocturnalPhantom
Whilst I can see the potential advantages of union.

I am curious. In your opinion, what are the potential advantage of the joining Europe (the EU?) under one flag? I've read what the MSM had to say, I want to read yours and others views.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I don't dispute what you say, but I still feel that Western Europe is a distinct historical and cultural block of its own. The Turks, Hungarians, Slavs and Greeks should form a union of their own.
edit on 16/8/11 by NocturnalPhantom because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join