It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nanotechnology brings alternative energy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I found this very interesting article about what nanotechnology and nanomaterials can bring for the future (and present!) of fuel cells:

FOCUS ON ENERGY: NANOMATERIALS ENABLE ALTERNATIVE ENERGY
By David Forman
Small Times Staff Writer

Very interesting developments... I wonder what is still to come on the subject. We could in the long term create relatively small fuel cells that coup operate spaceships for long trips, why not?

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Here is just a few samples of some prototype being developed by Nanosys Inc. which is a very promising start-up.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
If I remember right, wasn't NanoSys Inc working on a roll-up computer display as well? I can see a lot of uses the last two images on the right for laptop and pocket computers. Moore's Law keeps on truck'n! ;-)

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   

wasn't NanoSys Inc working on a roll-up computer display as well?

Well they probably could do that but I believe Hewlet Packard is way ahead of them IMO. They've been chasing that dream ever since they got into the flat panel market.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   

[edit on 21-8-2004 by sardion2000]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   
There are quite a lot of different applications for nanotech, but I was interested here primarily with the fuel cells. Those are nice finds anyway!

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince
There are quite a lot of different applications for nanotech, but I was interested here primarily with the fuel cells. Those are nice finds anyway!

Yeah I know they're a bit off topic but when dealing with Nanotech even products that seemingly have nothing to do with energy still have a big affect on how much energy we use to create these products. It takes less power to make these products(if there Self-Assembling that is) if they are not than the energy costs will probably be similar to regular products.

top topics

join