It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops: Neighbor chases kidnapper, saves child

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Every day in the news I read stories about children being victimized, kidnapped, abused, in the worst cases even losing their lives. Today I was very pleased to read this story about a neighbor witnessing a kidnapping. He did the right thing and as a result not only saved this girl from a horrible experience, but he may have saved her life.

I just wanted to post this and hope that it makes others feel as good as it made me feel. The unidentified hero of this story deserves recognition.

Source

According the FBI’s National Crime Information Center (NCIC)
* 85% to 90% of the 876,213 persons reported missing to America’s law enforcement agencies in 2000 were juveniles (persons under 18 years of age). That means that 2,100 times per day parents or primary care givers felt the disappearance was serious enough to call law enforcement.
* 152,265 of the persons reported missing in 2000 were categorized as either endangered or involuntary. * The number of missing persons reported to law enforcement has increased from 154, 341 in 1982 to 876,213 in 2000. That is an increase of 468%.

edit on 16-8-2011 by Backslider because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2011 by Backslider because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Now that is a good citizen who is actually willing to go the extra mile literally....

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Oh wow. It sure does my heart good to read about this. At the same time, I am upset that far too many of these sort of creeps exist in the first place.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
First, we need more people like that in this world!
Second, don't let your kids out of your sight!
Anyways, thanks for posting this 'feel good' story.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It's always great seeing a little positive stories here with good endings. It's not often enough we hear people helping like this, and it made my day to hear how his efforts pay off.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Awesome. More people like that with the eyes to see trouble and have the courage to take action. That is just awesome. Child abusers are predators and need to be dealt with as such.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I hope he gets the nice long sentence he so badly deserves
10,000 atta boys to the man who saved her

top topics

join