It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beginning Of Police State In The UK?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Just throwing this out there ... ALL police here the states carry MULTIPLE weapons including 12 and 20 ga. shotguns and AR-15s in there cars ... and trust me ... they use them ALOT ... I dont think its a good thing by any means but its a fact ... and as far as the curfew goes ... in almost every town in america there are some form of curfews ... citizens just gotta outsmart the police really

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Police in UK don't have guns? Every one in the US does. Expect it soon.

The beginning of the police state was your camera on every corner. This is just further along the path you've been on.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by battl3star
reply to post by JennaDarling

No they are not allowed to arrest you without suspicion of a crime!

You can be arrested for resisting arrest!, there are also what's known as the 'suspicion laws' and if you get into a heated augment with a policeman, that's a 'breach of the peace' The Brits have been under the thumb since William the bastard.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust

The beginning of the police state was your camera on every corner. This is just further along the path you've been on.

Police in the UK DO have guns, in Northern Ireland, and airport police and SO groups and royal protection..

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Problem= Rioting & Looting.

Reaction = Public left in fear and shock of such behaviour.

Solution = Additional Police powers (as if there wasn't enough)

it may be the method they use to get what they want, the problem is when anything happens they did not plan or is completely natural, it still presents a problem, reaction, solution scenerio.

lets say tomorrow a asteriod hits a town, or lions escape from a zoo, or hoodies see an oppertunity to commit crime and get away with it due to the soft actions of the police. they are all, problem, reaction, solution scenerio's everything that ever happens is.

so just because something fits the problem, reaction, solution, scenerio does not mean it WAS planned because everything fits the problem, reaction, soultion, scenerio, if that makes sense.

so what could seem like it is planned because it fits the problem, reaction, solution, scenerio may not necessarily be planned.

edit on 16-8-2011 by lifeform11 because: typo

edit on 16-8-2011 by lifeform11 because: missed a word out that effects reading post

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by SkepticDan

They also Want to bring in a curfew in and around densely populated areas, such as london an other cities. And Have the Ability to stop and search People if the officers feel they are presenting suspicious behaviour, also to arm police officers and to allow them to use "force" if they deem it Nessesery.

With all due respect, but that sounds ridiculous to say the least. I mean curfews for example? Sorry, but no, that's not happening (even city wide curfews for a specific age isn't going to happen year round).

And guns for regular police officers? I can't see it..

Can you provide a link to at least try and back any of these claims up? And even so, I can't see this coming into force at all.
edit on 16-8-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

Every single police officer over here has a gun. And this is Australia. They all have the holster and the pistol/handgun in it.

The only ones that do not, are... "Liason" officers. They wear a modified police uniform, Yellow shoulders and neck so it stands out. They're job, is purely to be with a police officer and do translations. They can only be found in areas such as "The Valley" and "Sunnybank Hills". Where the majority of the population there does not speak english as a first language. Fancy job for a translator huh?

But lol at you saying each police officer wont have they're own gun. Every one over here has had they're own gun for years now. AND on top of the gun they have a holster (and most of them have) a nightstick as well.

Is it not funny, how every police officer has a Gun. When guns are outlaw's here in australia. The only people that have access to them are people whom frequent (and have a liscence) a gun range, and the very very very rare occasion, for hunting. They are less strict with this if you're out in whoop whoop country. IE It's going to take more than a 6 hour drive for you to get to a major city. This is because they're used for hunting and protection against animals (Boars) . But they are still so heavily regulated it's not funny.

Its sad to say, but i think our police have more guns than actual civilians.
edit on 16-8-2011 by TigaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
without opportunities for the youth who have nothing, i suspect this will occur again. a solution for community payback with hi-viz jump suits will only isolate those individuals more. this problem i feel is not going away any time soon. once the stolen goods have been sold and the money spent, it may happen again. next time i suspect the looters/rioters will be more savvy with their communications after certain methods were broadcasted regarding how the police thwarted riots in high value areas like the olympics site.
i guess we wait and see what measures will be rolled out to deal with the issue.

bankers who were instrumental in causing financial chaos and misery get rewarded with taxpayers cash.
looters who were caught in the riots get around 6 months community service orders.
those caught inciting strife on social engineering sites get four years in the clink. out in two with good behaviour.
the flow of crumbs that sustained the community projects in deprived areas has stopped. the olympic village in london has been sold to the united arab emirates for approx £557m whilst those with nothing look on at the affluence and wealth driving past them. the gap between those that have and those that have not is widening.

if they ignore the plight of the youth, they do so at their own peril.
f.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Originally posted by againuntodust

Police in the UK DO have guns, in Northern Ireland, and airport police and SO groups and royal protection..

Northern Ireland is not the "U.K" - Yes, it's a part of it. But in Northern Ireland there's civil unrest, between religious groups and between those who want independance from the U.K. With such unrest, armed units MAY be called for.

The police on the beat in mainland U.K don't require guns, however, some have started weilding tazers, and EXTREME circumstances (Raoul Moat, for example) the police send armed units.

Many people crave more power to be given to the police:-

I personally take refuge in Ben Franklin's statement:

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 42sadhu
Just throwing this out there ... ALL police here the states carry MULTIPLE weapons including 12 and 20 ga. shotguns and AR-15s in there cars ... and trust me ... they use them ALOT ... I dont think its a good thing by any means but its a fact ... and as far as the curfew goes ... in almost every town in america there are some form of curfews ... citizens just gotta outsmart the police really

I would disagree with you, but I have a lot of friends who are police officers. I trust maybe 2 of them. the rest are cowboys. I know sheriff's deputies, NYC detectives, Texas state troopers, local police... most of them are nearly certifiable. They are my friends, but wow.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by UKAwake

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

that is a good quote and i agree with it, however what if there were groups of people running around destroying your liberty? is that fine? should the government just let it be? should people just say oh well as long as the government does not infringe on my liberty then it is fine for you to do so?

what does it matter who takes away my liberty? wether it is a government or a mob of youths my liberty has still been taken away or infringed on. its a no win for liberty whatever happens.

if i stopped somebody on the street to rob them or went around to somebodies property and took what i wanted to, would i not be infringing on those peoples liberty?

or would it only be an infringment if it was a government who did it?

so if we do nothing about these thugs and let them continue we are sacrificing some of our liberty because they will continue to infringe upon it, and if we do something or demand something be done then we are sacrificng some of our liberty to government. we cannot win, but only trust these extra powers are used to defend peoples liberty as oppose to taking them away.

i have mixed feelings on this, but know i would be mad at anybody(not just government) who thought they had a right to infringe on my liberty.

edit on 19-8-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join