It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beginning Of Police State In The UK?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
After recent Riot's tore through the capital and other British cities, The government has decided to step up police powers, thus allowing them to do more to stop Disturbances such as these.

They also Want to bring in a curfew in and around densely populated areas, such as london an other cities. And Have the Ability to stop and search People if the officers feel they are presenting suspicious behaviour, also to arm police officers and to allow them to use "force" if they deem it Nessesery.

So what if now, with the debt ceiling closing in and the Uprising in the middle east, the government Is stepping up there NWO escapade and slowly tightening the knot around The people. Thoughts Please?

SD

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticDan

They also Want to bring in a curfew in and around densely populated areas, such as london an other cities. And Have the Ability to stop and search People if the officers feel they are presenting suspicious behaviour, also to arm police officers and to allow them to use "force" if they deem it Nessesery.

With all due respect, but that sounds ridiculous to say the least. I mean curfews for example? Sorry, but no, that's not happening (even city wide curfews for a specific age isn't going to happen year round).

And guns for regular police officers? I can't see it..

Can you provide a link to at least try and back any of these claims up? And even so, I can't see this coming into force at all.
edit on 16-8-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Originally posted by Rising Against
And guns for regular police officers? i can't see it..

Well...

Police given green light to carry guns on tubes and trains

The British Transport Police have been given the go-ahead to carry out armed patrols of our railways and the London Underground in response to the terrorist threat - currently at its highest level.

source

Terrorism has given transport police guns.

Why couldn't anarchy on our streets give regular police guns?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

No, not the start, confirmation that we do in fact live in a Police state.

But to be fair, the majority of the U,K population called for a tougher stance from the Police during these troubles, some even calling for the army to start shooting the looters.

It's all about Problem, Reaction, Solution.

David Icke has been saying this for years, certainly since 9/11 and again we see it playing out.

Problem= Rioting & Looting.

Reaction = Public left in fear and shock of such behaviour.

Solution = Additional Police powers (as if there wasn't enough)

What this means is more loss of freedoms and we have waved all this in, most without even thinking about what they have been calling for.

I notice 2 people have been jailed for 4 years for inciting a riot, through Facebook.

How long before we are arrested for having differing views or opinions from the state? Oh, there goes the doorbell....

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

There is a danger of over reacting to proposals to change the powers of the UK police in order for them to tackle riots et al. I think it is a good idea that the police can implement area-wide curfews when there are riots.

Lessons learned. The over reaction is to drone on about the UK "turning into a police state" when we are far from it. Like anyone on these Boards has lived in China, Iran, Syria, Saudi etc...

They are proposals. If they require a change to the law then that will be a hurdle.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Regards

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
As soon as i heard on the news about the riots i said to a co worker "hear comes the curfews and id cards" i give it about 1-2y before we get told to BUY ID cards

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by battl3star

You already have ID cards numbnuts. Passport, Driving license, etc etc

Curfews, army on streets etc have been in the UK beginning over 30 years ago (Northern Ireland).

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Perhaps if demonstrations were peaceful instead of violent, then the government wouldn't have to answer with force and restrictive measures...

Act like anarchist idiots and get the hammer of the law on your head... Act like civilized people and you get everything you need, not want, but NEED...

Simple... Think of Ghandi and how he used non violent ways to defeat the BRITISH EMPIRE AT ITS MOST POWERFUL AND BRUTAL TIME...

Just a thought for the less enlightened ones...
edit on 11/8/16 by Magnum007 because: stupid grammar mistake that I should have known in grade 2... change "it's" to "its"

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

Very true but you are not legally required to carry them on you at all times!You do not need them to by your shopping or get on a bus.That is only a taste of what ID cards would involve

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
if you think you live in a police state, come in italy and have a look: digital id cards, police and other forces (we also have carabinieri- a police from the army- and guardia di finanza- a police that controls taxes and anything money related), cosmic years in prison for little faults but no prison for big crimes.
even the local police have guns very often, yet their deed is to control traffic and little more.
come in italy i say, and you will see how a police state is.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by battl3star

Very true but you are not legally required to carry them on you at all times!You do not need them to by your shopping or get on a bus.That is only a taste of what ID cards would involve

The police can stop you in the street if they want, TODAY.

When you are driving you should carry your driving license, other wise you have to hand it in to the police station if requested, which is an inconvience for most , so they carry it.

You also have your debit card / credit card on you, another ID.

edit on 16-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

You have those in many countries. You can't compare a driving licence to the infamous ID cards that have been proposed.

And how often do you see the Army responding to civil unrest on the mainland?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKAwake

You have those in many countries. You can't compare a driving licence to the infamous ID cards that have been proposed.

And how often do you see the Army responding to civil unrest on the mainland?

Never unfortunately, but they are the first thing to be deployed in Northern Ireland, go figure.

I remember they put a TANK outside HEATHROW with the threat of SAM's not long ago, how stupid was that.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

No they are not allowed to arrest you without suspicion of a crime!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by battl3star

Also the purpose of the ID card is to have every thing centralized on one card! back cards/driving license ect..I have also been driving for 10y and only bean stoped once by the police so not much of a inconvenience to me

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by battl3star

No they are not allowed to arrest you without suspicion of a crime!

That's ok, they can search you and find you going equipped with something that COULD be used on a crime.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The conservatives scrapped the ID card scheme.

Doubt they will re-introduce it.
edit on 16/8/11 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
The conservatives scrapped the ID card scheme.

Doubt they will re-introduce it.
edit on 16/8/11 by neformore because: (no reason given)

Yes, but that was before the events of last week and with all the outcrying from the public, they now have the perfect excuse. Of course all this will come at a cost. To us.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The majority of the public have actually never been asked about how they want these rioters dealt with. Sure we have heard from a few of those who were there experiencing it and their reactions were vehement as they would be. We have had emails read out on the news etc.

What has been happening is that the government and Head Boy Cameron are telling us what we are to think and accept. New powers will ultimately be introduced but stupid things like telling Magistrates to give out harsher sentences than they normally do seems like government interference with the courts. Many people are a bit perplexed to see such over reaction and draconian sentences being given. Fortunately a couple of journalists let it slip that most of these will be challenged and a sense of fairness might prevail again.

Cameron is a bad PM because he only reacts by knee-jerk instinct which makes him look as though he hasn't made the leap from Head Boy to Prime Minister. PM's need to be ahead of the game, not chasing after it. I suspect he will never change which as unfortunate as it is for the country, his Head Boy attitude is perfect for those who really call the shots here - although I expect they are bothered as the genie popped out of the bottle.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

The politicians are BSing like drunks at midnight. Lots of solutions, lots of quick fixes and no substance,

The current government is planning to cut the Police budget by around 14% in the next few years. They think this can be achieved by losing admin staff and cutting overtime. They also say paperwork and red-tape will be minimised.

It's BS.

Less admin staff means more paperwork for active officers and the red-tape is unavoidable in our society. Every letter is a requirement to justify and protect every action by an officer from liabilities. With fewer staff, less officers and reduced overtime, the amount of time sat at a desk filling out forms will have to come out of the man-hours spent out and about.

If anyone was after setting up a police state in the UK, this is is the stupidest way to go about it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join