It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATF promotes supervisors in controversial gun operation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

ATF promotes supervisors in controversial gun operation

www.latimes.com

ATF has promoted three key supervisors of a controversial sting operation that allowed firearms to be illegally trafficked across the U.S. border into Mexico.

All three have been heavily criticized for pushing the program forward even as it became apparent that it was out of control. At least 2,000 guns were lost and many turned up at crime scenes in Mexico and two at the killing of a U.S. Border Patrol agent in Arizona.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
documents.latimes.com

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The three key players in the biggest scandal of this 21st century and what did they do.... promoted the bastards...

so who are they???

Kenneth E. Melson, the ATF's acting director, said in an agency-wide confidential email announcing the promotion that McMahon was among ATF employees being rewarded because of "the skills and abilities they have demonstrated throughout their careers."

Newell was the special agent in charge of the field office for Arizona and New Mexico, where Fast and Furious was conducted. On Aug. 1, the ATF announced he would become special assistant to the assistant director of the agency's Office of Management in Washington.

Voth was an on-the-ground team supervisor for the operation, and last month he was moved to Washington to become branch chief for the ATF's tobacco division.

I'm so angry right now I better stop writing before I get baned for using my colorful collection of choice words...

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Once again here is the link to theFast and Furious Paper trail
edit on 16-8-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
When you see the "guilty" being promoted, that's when you know it doesn't pass the sniff test.

This scandal is being so under-played it's not even funny. Something truly rotten afoot methinks.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Yeah and the investigation just added some new players too...

The head of the Drug Enforcement Administration has acknowledged to congressional investigators that her agency provided a supporting role in the ill-fated Operation Fast and Furious run by the group's counterparts at the ATF.

Still I think Issa is after the big boys connected with the Obama admin...
all these folks keep hinting at high level "Political Appointees" just not saying who they are...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Oh, great....thanks, DaddyBare.....just what I needed today.....lol

:

All I can say about this new revelation is.....the UNMITIGATED GALL......

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Still I think Issa is after the big boys connected with the Obama admin..

I think you are right about Issa.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This is when I realized that in some situations there really isn't much you can do except shut up and take it. The only difference is that the people are the ones that lose out in this situation. The only good thing that has come of this is the fact that the administration and everyone involved will keep quiet as they are directly implicated in the whole mess and would only be drawing more negative attention to an already negative situation.

Just a little depressing when you see the corruption first hand and the police and feds, either don't want to do anything about it, or actually agree with what they are doing.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join