It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protection - Gun Alternatives?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine
shotgun.

period.

No one fks around looking down the barrel of a 12-guage.

They're cheap, and require little training on the part of the shotgunner, much to the chagrin of the shotgunee.

I have a Mossberg 590. Holds 8+1. get 00 buck for home defense (9 steel balls comin at you at 475 m/s are a helluva deterrent).

Whats that sound?

ITS THE SOUND OF A SHOT GUN!!

Everybody jumps to the sound of a shot gun..
In my neighborhood everybody got one..

edit on 16-8-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Take an old fire extinguisher empty the contents from it then drill a hole in the side of it, take a tire valve, thread and seal the valve on it, then refill it with condensed ghost peppers in vegetable oil, then fill with compressed air up to about 100psi and you've got a really affective weapon that can be refilled

Take an old weed eater apart and save the wand with its trigger assembly and wires, cut it off to about 24 inches then separate the wires at the end of the wand and solder nails to each wire then build 5000 psi epoxy around the nails to separate them about an inch and affix it to the tip of the wand like a cattle prod, then with an extension cord, plug in the wand and if any one try's breaking in to your house, you just push it against them and pull the trigger and ZAPPOLLA 120v AC

Bug spray, Lysol, hair spray, ether, carburetor cleaner, any of them will work wonders on an intruder, and if you're good? ,you can blow torch them using the spray and your Bic lighter

edit on 16-8-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
Take an old fire extinguisher empty the contents from it then drill a hole in the side of it, take a tire valve, thread and seal the valve on it, then refill it with condensed ghost peppers in vegetable oil, then fill with compressed air up to about 100psi and you've got a really affective weapon that can be refilled

Take an old weed eater apart and save the wand with its trigger assembly and wires, cut it off to about 24 inches then separate the wires at the end of the wand and solder nails to each wire then build 5000 psi epoxy around the nails to separate them about an inch and affix it to the tip of the wand like a cattle prod, then with an extension cord, plug in the wand and if any one try's breaking in to your house, you just push it against them and pull the trigger and ZAPPOLLA 120v AC

Bug spray, Lysol, hair spray, ether, carburetor cleaner, any of them will work wonders on an intruder, and if you're good? ,you can blow torch them using the spray and your Bic lighter

...or you could just buy a shotgun lol

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
5w green laser pointer, they're less than 10 dollars on ebay and if you direct them in anyones eyes, they will be blind, possibly permanent.
I have one and they're BAD ASS

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

but what if you can afford one???? or legal to possess one???? or or or???

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
If the barking of your dogs fails, then a small, easily maneuvered weapon such as a kukri is what you want.
While you can make a weapon from pretty much anything, something that looks scary will more often frighten your assailant off so you won't actually have to use it.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

but what if you can afford one???? or legal to possess one???? or or or???

shotguns are cheap. $300 US. Where can't you own a shotgun? even the crazy brits can own shotguns.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tangonine

pistol is only good in that you might have it on you when you need it if you intend to carry it. Shotgun at home is the way to go a nice 20 Gauge pump

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

You are right, tangonine, though we Brits are'nt legally allowed to possess guns for the sake of personal protection, like Americans. We have to be licensed, ( As I'm sure you do.) and have to have a legitimate reason for having a shotgun, i.e. have to be in a gun club, or by a farmer / gamekeeper for controlling vermin. ( Don't go down that one ! )
Also,we're open to inspection by the police at any time, the gun(s) and cartridges have to be kept in a locked steel cabinet...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

I must say that kukri's are a nice thing to have around the house. Easily stashed in convenient locations, light weight and not cumbersome whatsoever. We have several.

A wrist rocket is a nice thing to have around too. I am currently practicing with one that I bought this summer and while it does not have the stopping power of a shotgun, I also would not want to get knocked in the noggin with one. Nice thing is that ammo is dirt cheap.... rocks, walnuts, acorns.... you name it. I am a woman and I have to say that even I can get a nice zinger with my wrist rocket...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

Wrist rocket? Is that a catapult? I used to have one ages ago.
I only have one kukri, a family heirloom that my grandfather brought back from Burma after the war.
I also have a neat cavalry sabre in the hall. (I used to fence a bit and you tend to end up collecting proper swords after a while).
Because the law is so tight in the UK, when I'm out on my bike, I find that a 1 inch spanner and a ball pein hammer are perfect for self defence and also offer the excuse of being reasonable things to carry in the event of a breakdown.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

A wrist rocket is like a slingshot on steroids but much more comfortable to fire because of the brace that comes up the arm a bit. It allows for more control and confidence.. at least it does for me in any case.

By the way, nice idea for carrying some form of protection while out for a ride. Rgular everyday items with a dual purpose

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Ditto on the Wasp/Hornet spray as a quick hit device to buy you time and a little distance.

But my personal favorite was made out of love to send a clear signal to whomever may lie on its receiving end

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/855e1a0d5310.jpg[/atsimg]

YOu're only limited by your imagination.

Another ditto on the laser. Especially this one from Wicked Lasers. You can dazzle them into confusion or simply burn them into submission with this.

www.wickedlasers.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
hate to agree with someone here but survival is all about rising to the challenges and doing things you never thought you would ever want to do.

best weapons will always be a gun for those with less experience shotgun wins hands down.

blunt for trama as it bats if you dont have one.

and like that other poster said confrontation is not always the best option so brains and feet and live to fight another day.

its called survival not fighting a war with a credo of doing whatever it takes to survive.

really anything can be a weapon guns,knives are the usual things that are thought of.

the most important thing everyone has and doesnt cost a thing is their will.

make it so and it shall be so quit and give up and you will surely be put 6 feet under.

always consider your options.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I agree... your mind is the best weapon you have...

just now I was thinking about what I got in the back of my car to make a weapon out of...

I hunk of broken Bike chain and several 3 lb Cannon Ball Fishing Sinkers... Humm maybe a shoelace tied to one of those sinkers... or just brandish the chain... jut think things threw.... everything can be a weapon... but I'd have serious second thoughts about confronting an shotgun armed opponent if all I got is a sinker tied top a shoelace

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

never bring a sinker tied shoelace to a gun fight

i agree as well.

you cant beat a gun and if you dont have one run like the wind

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

Ah, yes. We used to buy the black widows when I was younger. Damn things would really hurt when someone got you.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith

You are right, tangonine, though we Brits are'nt legally allowed to possess guns for the sake of personal protection, like Americans. We have to be licensed, ( As I'm sure you do.) and have to have a legitimate reason for having a shotgun, i.e. have to be in a gun club, or by a farmer / gamekeeper for controlling vermin. ( Don't go down that one ! )
Also,we're open to inspection by the police at any time, the gun(s) and cartridges have to be kept in a locked steel cabinet...

I have several brit friends, and my heart goes out to you guys. I can't imagine not being able to protect my home and my family. The criminals will always have guns... your govt. has decided that you're one thing: prey.

I don't have to be licensed to own a firearm. At all. I do have a concealed carry permit from the county sheriff, but that is by choice. Where I live, you can carry a loaded handgun in the glove compartment of your car with no registration/licensing silliness. Any citizen of my state can carry a loaded rifle in their car. You just can't have a round in the rifle's chamber because they want to discourage poachers. That rule does not apply to handguns.

anyone over 21 can own and carry a loaded (1 in the chamber) handgun on their person (visible) or in their vehicle with no licensing or registration.

Don't want to try to rob a store here.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
If you can't own a gun. Get a knife. a small, comfortable blade, preferably a dagger.

If you are in close contact with an un-gunned assailant, a knife is your best choice. Learn how to use it: slash at the throat, the inside of biceps and thighs, stab twist and pull on the liver.

fight like your life depends on it because it probably does.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Trust me, just get a gun. you will feel so much safer and prepared. Its a must. I started buying guns when i turned 21 a few years ago and i feel so much safer at home. the only way you will learn to use one is just buy one and go to the gun range.

Gun alternatives? i really dont see any alternatives if the criminal has one and you dont. Once the criminal has the drop on you he can rape/steal/kill or do whatever he wants to do. Bat/taser/peper spray/ vs criminal with a gun equels you lose.

Get a gun, learn to use it and you will feel so much safer and prepared.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join